+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by xyz123 View Post
    I'm sure neither side explicitly stated that was the reason for the second trial - but Samumed undoubtedly knows it's likely to be passed (industry/biotech is one of the major drivers for this act). So, in the event that it does get passed, why not run a relatively small and quick trial to acquire the necessary biomarker data that would lead to earlier approval. They're not really losing any time and the additional cost could be well worth it.

Given that the drug appears safe - and presumably effective - the FDA won't say no to this. More data in terms of patient outcomes and the drug's mechanism of action is never a bad thing. I'm sure the FDA would happily approve the trial on that basis (while at the same time, knowing in the back of their minds that the major reason Samumed probably wants the trial - although not explicitly stating it - is to potentially avoid a Phase 3 trial and pursue earlier approval in the event that the act is approved).
    You know, I was thinking the exact same thing you posted but I thought that other posters would say that it sounds far-fetched. I swear it. I was thinking that Samumed may have pushed for the study because they believe that the 21st Century Cures Act might pass and they want to get biomarkers so they can eliminate the need for a phase 3 study, but they probably told the FDA that they wanted to gather more biomarker data since wnt mediation is kind of new, and deep down inside the FDA knows that Samumed is really thinking ahead to the possibility that the 21st Century Cures Act could be passed.

I swear I was thinking this when I typed my earlier post the FDA would not allow a study based on a pending ACT that isn't law yet. Since I was thinking the same thing you stated that means I agree with your idea. I think that is what happened between the FDA and Samumed.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    On second thought I doubt if the FDA would allow a human study (putting
    humans at risk) that would satisfy the requirements of a pending legal bill
    that is not yet law.
    Then you'll NEVER know if it works. The whole point of finding if drugs work is to test on humans.

We need to contact our US senators and tell them to approve the 21st Century Cures Act in its' entirety, especially the part of the Act that allows drug companies to use biomarkers in lieu of phase 3 studies. We all need to jam their phone lines and send them emails.

This might be a dumb question but why should we be excited about this?

Are there any signs that it might work? Any preliminary results?

Also, how it's supposed to work? Will it be able to regrow full head of hair? Or maintain only?

I wasn't following Sm04554 topic

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post

Also, how it's supposed to work? Will it be able to regrow full head of hair? Or maintain only?

Then please read the topic. I know its a lot of pages but they answer your questions. Well apart from what it will be able to do. Who even knows.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Then you'll NEVER know if it works. The whole point of finding if drugs work is to test on humans.

Hellouser I don't think you understood my statement.

In any case, they already know if it works. They learnt whether or not it works from the initial phase 2 study. It's pretty obvious that it works because they're investing more money into it - moving it to an extra phase 2 means they're spending more money. It didn't die after the initial phase 2 and that should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post

Read the posts like Jay said.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    We need to contact our US senators and tell them to approve the 21st Century Cures Act in its' entirety, especially the part of the Act that allows drug companies to use biomarkers in lieu of phase 3 studies. We all need to jam their phone lines and send them emails.
    This article makes it sound like the Senate is making their own bill based off of the 21st Century Cures Act and will not vote on the House passed bill. It states they won't be ready until next year, but the older article states by Thanksgiving. Not sure which is accurate but sounds typical of our Senate.

http://morningconsult.com/2015/07/th...ing-next-year/

http://www.nationaljournal.com/healt...-bill-20150710

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    This article makes it sound like the Senate is making their own bill based off of the 21st Century Cures Act and will not vote on the House passed bill. It states they won't be ready until next year, but the older article states by Thanksgiving. Not sure which is accurate but sounds typical of our Senate.

It should essentially be the same, and I know that the creator of the bill (Fred Upton) is working on it with the senate. Also, it's very likely the bill should be passed or at least voted on before the end of the year, because of 2016 being an election year.

Anyone seeking re-election will want their name on that bill. It is extremely popular among constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post

They're dragging their feet. We need them to vote on this thing quick.