+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Do the "21 century cure" bill could speed up allergan clinical trials? Speed the timeline for commercial use?

Quote Originally Posted by BiqqieSmalls View Post
    So I guess the Investor Relations woman was right. Why else would Allergan buy $KYTH if they didn't want to use Seti in conjunction with Bim? To whomever said Bim's Phase II had negative results... what now?!
    Or they really wanted the double chin treatment...
    Not saying Allergan isn't interested in Seti, but it's not Kythera's only product.

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Do the "21 century cure" bill could speed up allergan clinical trials? Speed the timeline for commercial use?
    Hopefully, and likely. There is a provision in the bill that speeds up development for repurposed drugs. AND guess what? The majority of Congress (of both dems and repubs) just cosponsored the bill, meaning it will surely make it through Congress.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/pres...igns-cures2015

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Hopefully, and likely. There is a provision in the bill that speeds up development for repurposed drugs. AND guess what? The majority of Congress (of both dems and repubs) just cosponsored the bill, meaning it will surely make it through Congress.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/pres...igns-cures2015
    Omg that's great! New generation treatments are really not far away from us. Everything goes in the good way ( 21st century cure, competition between companies,etc..). Even the more pessimists guys begin to change their mind I'm sure . Nothing compared like a few years ago with all these 'breaktrough mice studies' haha

Omg that's great! New generation treatments are really not far away from us. Everything goes in the good way ( 21st century cure, competition between companies,etc..). Even the more pessimists guys begin to change their mind I'm sure . Nothing compared like a few years ago with all these 'breaktrough mice studies' haha
    What makes you say they're not far away? Something has to actually work before the legislation makes any difference. There's very little proof that any of the treatments people are excited for actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    What makes you say they're not far away? Something has to actually work before the legislation makes any difference. There's very little proof that any of the treatments people are excited for actually do anything.
    Ugh, please. The dissenting voices on here who are so negative, are typically the ones that are ill-informed of the new technologies in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Ugh, please. The dissenting voices on here who are so negative, are typically the ones that are ill-informed of the new technologies in the pipeline.
    I feel like I'm very unbiased and his point is certainly valid. The new legislation is great but it's not going to make the treatments any more or less effective. And treatments in the 'pipeline' are the very definition of experimental and there's really no foreshadowing their efficacy on humans whether your're an optimist or a jaded cynic. I'm quite thankful that we have various teams working on the problem but at some point, results take precedence over talk. It's like when rival fans of horribly run football teams think they're going to win the Super Bowl before the start of every season. Half way through the year and they're already looking forward to next season. That's like the hair loss industry. "Just another year or two, baby. We got this."

Quote Originally Posted by Trouse5858 View Post
    I feel like I'm very unbiased and his point is certainly valid. The new legislation is great but it's not going to make the treatments any more or less effective. And treatments in the 'pipeline' are the very definition of experimental and there's really no foreshadowing their efficacy on humans whether your're an optimist or a jaded cynic. I'm quite thankful that we have various teams working on the problem but at some point, results take precedence over talk. It's like when rival fans of horribly run football teams think they're going to win the Super Bowl before the start of every season. Half way through the year and they're already looking forward to next season. That's like the hair loss industry. "Just another year or two, baby. We got this."
    I agree with his point to a small degree. But, it's not like a tremendous amount of research and discoveries haven't happened in the past 10 years (or more) that wouldn't lend themselves to new effective treatments. That quote, "just another year or two" btw was never really realistic up until now.

Between the number of drugs based on a lot of research and work, that are in phase 2 (or later), as well as the distinct possibility of a new bill being signed into law that will speed up and modernize clinical trials. The 21st Century Cures act, just got the majority of the House of Representatives of both dems and repubs, to cosponsor the bill before it goes to a vote. There is a strong belief it will be signed into law before the year is out. That means it could effect the speed in which we see bim, SM, and setipiprant, which will all be at phase 2 or higher.

Allergan's gonna have a second quarter earnings call on August 6th, there will also be a webcast. I wonder if they'll discuss the bimatoprost phase 2b results. Investor relations told biqqie smalls in May, they'd release the results in a "few months."

Joker pointed out that companies typically don't have press releases for failed drugs. Given the long, long silence regarding the trials, as well as the mutual reliance on prostaglandin science that seti and bim have, plus the fact that Allergan bough Kythera recently, and plans to develop seti....Also, what investor relations told a shareholder (biqqie smalls), I wonder if this could be it. Obviously, the entire press conference won't be about Bim alone, but I wonder if they'll touch on it.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300106291.html

The senate will probably still be drafting and debating it by the time these drugs release in a few years. Nothing speeds up when congress touches it. Not to mention the years to actually implement any of the changes. Im not very optimistic about this bill speeding anything up anytime soon. I dont know anything in government that works quickly and if I got paid that kind of money to do that I wouldnt either.
    I do think odds are some of the new treatments will work and get released this time. With the lack of info since money is involved its just whether your half glass full or half empty kind of person. There are quite a few things though and a good deal of sound science behind them so its hard not to be optimistic.