+ Reply to Thread

Default 22 year old confused and would like advice

Hello everyone. I've been doing my own research on the side for a while now but have hit kind of a roadblock with what I know and I would really like the input of others who have had similar circumstances.

I started taking Propecia about 7-8 months ago as a way to attempt to keep what I had for life. It was more about prevention rather than cure. About 3-4 months ago, I underwent shedding all over my scalp but last month I was sure the areas where I had lost hair had been replenished. I was so happy about this, because at first I happened to be really scared.

Well the scared feeling has returned. I have lost a lot of hair in the temple region (noticing this occurrence at month 8) moving me from a class 1 to a class 1.5 or 2. I have not noticed any grow back yet. This prompts a few questions I have...

1) Does Propecia shed in cycles? Because I feel like I lost different areas of hairs this time versus 4-5 months ago. If this is another shed, I won't be too upset.

2) How possible is a hair transplant for the temple region, and what are the usual grafts required?

3) Was starting Propecia at a young age a good idea?

4) Any way to tell if this just a maturing hairline versus propecia shedding?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I don't know where to turn and I am geniually frightened by the situation as of late. Thank you for responses in advance

Quote Originally Posted by cloakedgerb View Post
    4) Any way to tell if this just a maturing hairline versus propecia shedding?
    If you are a caucasion male, it is most likely that you are developing your adult male hair line. I am reasonably sure that there is nothing a male can do to prevent developing and adult male hair line - because this is a normal male trait like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by cloakedgerb View Post
    2) How possible is a hair transplant for the temple region, and what are the usual grafts required?
    It is possible. Doctor's do it for transgendered patients. However, most ethical doctors will not do it for a male who is not transgendered. Because the risk of surgery outweighs what little percieved possible benefit there might be - and it is usually a waste of grafts.