+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

It's a common problem for people who relied only on their looks to get girls before they went bald. No girl has ever abused be for my lack of hair, men on the other hand have often been merciless, Bristish or American guys particularly, bald guys don't get as much shit here in Brussels, so it may be a cultural problem.

I don't think my life is shit being bald, in fact it's pretty good. But I've never had the transition from all the attention from girls to nothing because I've never looked like a male model, hair or not. All the girls I dated, I dated them after 17 years old, so I've never been on the dating scene with a full head of hair. I've always found it hard to believe guys who says "girls threw themselves at me before hair loss".

I think style is very important, do you buzz your hair very short? Do you have a well-groomed beard?

If you should have a HT, look into a FUE, we're not in 1998 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    men on the other hand have often been merciless, Bristish or American guys particularly, bald guys don't get as much shit here in Brussels, so it may be a cultural problem.
    Personally I am convinced that it is, to some extend of course. See also the previous posts in this page.

I can't personally comment whether bald jokes/abuse happens in certain countries more than others. What I can say is Male banter is very common in the United Kingdom, taking the piss out of friends for whatever reason is very common. I do not know how this varies worldwide.

Females don't really do banter, they might have little jokes about dumb comments but they would not joke about each others looks.

None of this really explains why that girl I met the other night was such a cow though. It is not common for a girl to take the piss out of a guy like that.

God, I am still in a bad mood about it. It is something I really didn't need. It also totally justifies why I have not been out drinking for a long time.....cos I regularly get shit comments like that from strangers as well as friends on nights out. It is just an entirely depressing situation when I go out. Better to have my own company where no1 can piss me off.