+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Not really. I just have better things to do than lifting weights in front of a mirror, and I'm no less of a man because of that.

Even if you do it to get laid, working out is pointless because women judge you on your unalterable traits: height, natural frame, face, hair.

I've known men who went from skinny twink to roid-heads but were ugly. They got zero girl before getting into bodybuilding, and zero girl after.

So what's the point really? Oh you do it for yourself, right? For your confidence! For your health of course! Give me a break, we all know why men work out.

Can someone tell what other species works out in order to increase their mating value? Or even to improve their confidence? Do lions work out? Are lions that don't work out pussies to lionesses?!

Just get to a healthy weight, anything else you do will not make your life different than it would be if you had never set foot in a gym. That's the harsh reality.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Can someone tell what other species works out in order to increase their mating value? Or even to improve their confidence? Do lions work out? Are lions that don't work out pussies to lionesses?!
    Perhaps, that is true to some extent. It rather depends on genetics and perhaps in the stone age the genetically strong were just bigger than those who were hunting as hard and more attractive (because they could better hunt and protect). Nowadays, we do not get the same exercise we use to get. Manly working in offices and staying skinny that is why we can help our attractiveness so easily by working out and some choose to do it. -- That's at least my theory of this.

Of course I assume that muscles make you more attractive. I actually read some study that liberal woman do not care about muscles when it comes to attractiveness of men. Perhaps Belgium is more liberal in general...

Hi Guys,

I have had a mega FUE HT operation ( a 2-day operation yielded in 6700 grafts) in Istanbul. Could you tell me please how long I should wait to hit the gym again?

Thanks,

Default fitness again

Hi Guys,

I have had a mega FUE HT operation ( a 2-day operation yielded in 6700 grafts) in Istanbul. Could you tell me please how long I should wait to hit the gym again?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ozkan View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Could you tell me please how long I should wait to hit the gym again?
    Wow that is some big transplantation work! I believe you should ask a doctor about that. To be sure I would not go the gym as long as you are not allowed swim. Just my guess.

Hi Polios,

Thanks. Yes indeed, that was a big operation. I am looking forward to seeing the results. I will posts some pics (before after) to relevant threads. By the way I have checked with my doctor. He says that I have to wait at least a month to do sport again. In fact this was one of his instructions after the operation. I have overlooked it somehow....

It is a kind of addiction when you finish your workout and you feel some sort of trembling/growing in your muscles. Arnold described it in the documentary "Pumping iron".
    So I guess that is why some people go to the gym so often they can barely fit through the door.

There is nothing like the sort of obsession with gyms and muscle-building in Europe or Asia that there is in the United States, where every high school kid seems to feel duty bound to be in the weights room 4 nights a week. Interestingly, muscle-building and gym culture in Europe and Asia often seem to be associated with the gay community, and is part of a wider interest in personal appearance.

It is surprisingly how suddenly the muscle trend developed - very few people went to a gym before the 1980's. None of the male sex symbols of the 60's or 70's had six packs, or visible muscle of any sort. I wonder if it will disappear just as quickly in a decade or so's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    It is surprisingly how suddenly the muscle trend developed - very few people went to a gym before the 1980's. None of the male sex symbols of the 60's or 70's had six packs, or visible muscle of any sort. I wonder if it will disappear just as quickly in a decade or so's time.
    I am also counting on modern sex symbols. There are actually a lot sex symbols who are not handsome because of their muscles but there is some other chemistry about them that just seems right. I would tell Benedict Cumberbatch is one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    There is nothing like the sort of obsession with gyms and muscle-building in Europe or Asia that there is in the United States, where every high school kid seems to feel duty bound to be in the weights room 4 nights a week. Interestingly, muscle-building and gym culture in Europe and Asia often seem to be associated with the gay community, and is part of a wider interest in personal appearance.

This, a million times this. The guys from the US/UK here just refuse to believe what you just wrote.

In Europe, people and women will even see you as an overcompensating loser if you go to the gym, or someone who is too narcissistic and over-obsessed with his appearance.