+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    I'm a 19 year old guy who lost well over half my hair the entire top is about 25% left from thinning it was clear through any light, I shaved it to the skin and am not looking back. I still do youthful things, I got licensed on skydiving, I continue to go to all the college parties, I never shy away from speaking my mind to people of any age, and you know what life continues. I have been through a lot in my life, a lot personal but right before the hairloss I lost my father to a slow disease that made him suffer, combined with me getting many stressful tests to make sure I wouldn't inherit some of it. The year was complete hell but I'm not letting it stop me, I do admit hairloss sucks and besides my pale conplection I pull of shaved well, but when I feel sorry for myself I know my father who was very military would say 'so what, you lost your hair, it's time to grow some balls and take what you want regardless.' NEVER let it define you, I have always had high standards when it comes to girls and you know what I still do with my cue ball look, I still would never lower them, because out of 3 guys in thier 20's I know who shave their heads 2 of them are with beautiful women they met after they already shaved their heads. One of the women is gorgeous, and no they aren't rich, the 3rd is an out of shape slob and that is more likely why he wasn't as successful. So I still plan on getting married in my twenties to a girl I find gorgeous (a girl I was talking to seen me with a shaved head and you know what she didn't care one damn bit, commented on it said it fit well and moved on with our night) I still plan on having fun. I still plan on jumping from planes like I love to do. In fact I prefer the shaved head now, it makes you stand out. Yeah I don't look like that pretty boy American eagle model who had everything handed to him, I look like a young man who's been through enough to know that hair is an accessory and does not stop me getting the job I want, the character I have, or I the girl I'm attracted too. I Don't mean to downplay hairloss young believe me I was stressed at first too. But when I shaved it, I was a lot more mature and free, and alot of girls like that over some boy who spends all morning making sure his hair gelled just right. Live, Love, and fight on my friend.
    I hope my son (19 like you, losing hair since he turned 18) has your attitude when the day comes he buzzes his hair down. Sorry about your dad. I lost mine when I was 28 to pancreatic cancer and still think of him every day. My husband was diagnosed over a year ago with a highly hereditary chronic disease--when it rains, it pours, right?

I'm coming in late but from all I've read guys like me and munky here can't admit it because we don't believe it, and have seen proof otherwise. The original question was 'why continue on' and when people do what should be done on a support forum and give examples of how it's about a mindset ALONGSIDE looks we get treated like crap because we disagree with you. There's a quote I think applies to the guys who don't believe bald guys can still be successful- "For those who believe no proof is necessary, for those who doubt no proof is enough' munkey and I respectfully disagree with you but then get attacked for it. You know why there aren't many guys here posting how great life is continuing on bald?? Because they are out living those lives and have better things to do then post here, making an account on this sit was one of my poorer choices and I've only logged on about 3 times.
    Or simply because those guys don't exist.

Oh and I almost forgot: you're not bald!

Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I hope to god you're joking and being sarcastic. If not you have issues and very severe ones at that. If youre serious my advice is to stop being a self-pitying douche. Your hatred for all people with good hair is astounding. you're balding, it sucks, we understand, but ultimately you need to grow up. I don't understand how you even push through life if THIS is what saps all happiness from you life. It can hurt your quality of life, but it surely can't end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I hope my son (19 like you, losing hair since he turned 18) has your attitude when the day comes he buzzes his hair down. Sorry about your dad. I lost mine when I was 28 to pancreatic cancer and still think of him every day. My husband was diagnosed over a year ago with a highly hereditary chronic disease--when it rains, it pours, right?
    Sorry to hear about all that, whatever your son does try to steer him away from these kinds of sites, and I'm not saying that as retailition I've recoeved to my comment but just that this is not a place to get facts, or support. I do think my Dad is the reason I'm handling it well, the guy was born in the late 50's (old I know) with JRA a crippling congenital arthritis, told he wouldn't be able to walk by 20, but despite awful pain and being used as a test subject for treatment at the time he trudged on and could walk despite that. Then he got autoimmune disorders, he took great care of his health and fitness and still his immune system attacked his stomach giving him celiac disease, and his pancrease giving him diabetes, it was horse crap someone who kept physical fitness at the top of mind got all that because of bad genes. He watched his dad die, watched a brother march off to war, suffered with my mother through 2 misscarriages and still defied odds. He was outspoken and everyone knew him by his nickname where I live, even those who never met him knew the name, and when he was diagnosed with cancer he wasn't saying 'poor me' he basically said 'you have to get used to not having me around, you're not a man yet. You shouldn't have to be a man yet but you will be made into one faster than most.' And in the dying process on his last day the nurses said he could hear but wouldn't be able to communicate or move, well I told him how much I wppreciated what he'd done and you know what, sheer willpower won out, he sat forward looked at me and nodded twice. The man faced true hardship and didn't complained, but went resiliently. I would give every remaining follicle I have to see what he'd say to some of the guys on here. Sorry for the long post but me that was inspiration. And I hope things go well for your husband and that your son learns to stand out and love it. Best wishes.

Oh and I almost forgot: you're not bald!

Wait.
    I AM bald at 19 I got accelerated hairloss when my father passed. So don't go to me saying how hard life is, the hair was sickly it shines through light at all angles from front to back. Shaved it to the skin never looked back. You know what a girl I had just started flirting with said when I showed her the head for the first time? She said it was different but looked good and fit well. Then said how she loved my eyes more. We went on to have a good night. So I and others exist. In fact I like my shaved head it speaks a truth about me; I don't give a damn what society thinks of my head, I don't care if I offend people if I do what I believe is right, I do care what attractive girls think but I only need one and thus far into a shaved bald head girls say they like the look and that it shows I'm more mature. yeah I'm a small percentage of guys who're bald young, but I'm also a small percentage that; speaks out against anyone who is full of BS (consult my teachers and bosses), would gladly give my life for ideals I believe in and people who mean a lot to me, who takes every moment and tries to make it the least ordinary I can so that my life stands out, who skydives and loves the rush, and who tries to help others like I attempted here. If people can't get passed the hair over all the good then **** em, but when you have that attitude towards it like I do you find people do get passed it. Everyone from my graduating class loved me anyway, and my name is well know around agere I live. I won't add fuel to the flames by trying to further convince you I am actually a real person and do exist. But it's ironic help given on a support forum is condemned. Anyone else reading this post I know it may have came off as bragging all I said about myself, but I meant it more as proof balding hasn't got in my way nor will it.

Please, I had diffuse hair loss from the age of 17 and was told by a top surgeon that I was one of the worst cases of hair loss at such a young age he had seen in his career.

Yet I was not bald at 19, almost no one can be truly bald at that age. Unless you post pictures of your hair, I won't believe you. If you're not bald, of course girls won't mind.

Because they believe (and it is still likely to be the case) that you can grow it out. I kind of had the same advantage with my diffuse hair loss, most girls believed I had hair.

Gerhard, maybe you don't understand how baldness can push you over the edge because like every other guy who likes to believe he has the answer, you've never been bald.

Be careful of what you say, I was like you before, like BeaveCake at 19, it all changed when I experienced true baldness at the age of 22.

I'm at peace now, and it's not because I've accepted my baldness, it's not because I don't care about people think anymore (you will always care).

It's because I've got hair on my head again thanks to my FUE hair transplant. It's the only way out of this nightmare really.

Look up TE 70% diffuse thinning happened and in my case affected follicles were aged to where they'd be at 40 dermatologists said, you could see scalp awfully. What should it matter it's all skin now and I still get the results I want without the costly surgery

Look up TE 70% diffuse thinning happened and in my case affected follicles were aged to where they'd be at 40 dermatologists said, you could see scalp awfully. What should it matter it's all skin now and I still get the results I want without the costly surgery
    Oh beautiful! Now it's not even male pattern baldness, just a Telogen Effluvium from which you will recover completely!

Please, I had diffuse hair loss from the age of 17 and was told by a top surgeon that I was one of the worst cases of hair loss at such a young age he had seen in his career.

Yet I was not bald at 19, almost no one can be truly bald at that age. Unless you post pictures of your hair, I won't believe you. If you're not bald, of course girls won't mind.

Because they believe (and it is still likely to be the case) that you can grow it out. I kind of had the same advantage with my diffuse hair loss, most girls believed I had hair.

Gerhard, maybe you don't understand how baldness can push you over the edge because like every other guy who likes to believe he has the answer, you've never been bald.

Be careful of what you say, I was like you before, like BeaveCake at 19, it all changed when I experienced true baldness at the age of 22.

I'm at peace now, and it's not because I've accepted my baldness, it's not because I don't care about people think anymore (you will always care).

It's because I've got hair on my head again thanks to my FUE hair transplant. It's the only way out of this nightmare really.
    You'd have to call my dermatologist for pics they took some I never cared to, and you literally just supposed you know the girl I'm with more than I do, you know how arrogant that is, I told her I couldn't grow it out again cause it'd be sickly. She didn't give a damn. And the girls you were with must have been pretty damn shallow if the didn't care if you had a shaved skin head and the knowledge that follicles THAT CANNOT BE SEEN SHAVEN aren't active turned them away. When I'm truly bald as you put it, it'll look the same, I have a bare head with just skin on it so of that isn't true baldness I don't know what is, I shave every day and don't plan on stoping. I'm done with this site, I tried helping but got attacked on every angle. And as for you when I lost hair it sucked but I'd still give every follicle on my head (even if it was full) to see my father again. And you make it sound like hairloss is the worst thing that can happen, I strongly dosagree. But you won't believe it. The good thing is when I'm in class, or in the jump door, or with Taylor the last thing on my mind is people on this site saying all that isn't possible.

Oh beautiful! Now it's not even male pattern baldness, just a Telogen Effluvium from which you will recover completely!

You really pick and choose, in males, sometimes follicles go dark for too long, in which case they are prematurely aged, as in my case, the entire Norwood affected area was adversely affected. Either way it ain't coming back. It's been gone for over a year, and I like myself shaved to the bone anyway so chances are I wouldn't let it grow anyway, it's part of me and everybody knows why I lost it (I had serious medical things being checked out so people assumed I had cancer but when I told I was already losing hair no one seemed to mind, some congratulating me on easily defeating a midlife crisis others get stuck on) Point is, I rock a chromdome, an attractive girl likes it, I like it, people show me the same level of respect and besides the initial hairloss, and mistake of coming on this site, I haven't given it a second thought.