+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FUT Scar Solutions

Hi all,

Question: I'd like to know if anyone can show results of FUT scars that have been treated or revised with some method besides just FUE to camouflage (i.e. derma roller, laser, microneedling)? After a couple of major transplants I notice my hair is continuing to thin and I will likely need to accept and buzz/shave in the future. Just wondering if there is hope to conceal this scar with really short hair.

Background: I've had 3 transplants (1 FUT 2000 grafts, 1 FUE to fill scar 300 grafts, and 1 FUE to fill the front/top/crown 5000 grafts).

Photo attached. Note that these pics are just before the last FUE surgery so the hair in back will be thinner.

Thanks,
    S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC1932.jpg

Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	53761   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC1933.jpg

Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	53762   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC1934.jpg

Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	53763  

Inactive

You could look into SMP into the scar. I don't have personal experience with it, but I've seen quite a few solid results from that in this forum and others.

On a side note, your scar is fantastic and barely visible even with a shaved head and a high-res photo. I'm beyond impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by pkipling View Post
    You could look into SMP into the scar. I don't have personal experience with it, but I've seen quite a few solid results from that in this forum and others.

On a side note, your scar is fantastic and barely visible even with a shaved head and a high-res photo. I'm beyond impressed.

Thanks Pkipling, yea. I am thinking smp as a last resort. Only thing is as I gray (age 45 now) I'm not sure how to deal with the smp not matching (besides using temporary smp).

At my thinning rate I know I have at least a couple of years before I will have to buzz. This will give me some time to try some things like micro needling, derma rolling, or laser to see how the scar improves. I am thankful the scar is very nice compared to most others I've seen.

Cheers..

My question would be why after 7000 grafts do you need to shave your head? Scar isn't that visible shaved, slightly longer hair and I'm guessing it wouldn't be visible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    My question would be why after 7000 grafts do you need to shave your head? Scar isn't that visible shaved, slightly longer hair and I'm guessing it wouldn't be visible at all.
    He stated

After a couple of major transplants I notice my hair is continuing to thin and I will likely need to accept and buzz/shave in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedawg18 View Post
    Stevedawg18, The second transplant (FUE) of 5000 was growing out great and I was pretty satisfied with the work until around month 14 when it seemed to rapidly thin and now it seems only about 25% of the grafts remain. The first FUT transplant of 2000 grafts was not placed where I requested and the direction was wrong. So even though its 7000 grafts the FUT work was bad (except the scar turned out good) and the FUE growth was bad. Hopefully I'm stablized for a while but just trying to plan for the inevitable.

Hi,

Well I'm sorry your procedures didn't turn out well. That's really odd that it looked ok up until 14 months, then thinned out. I don't think I've ever heard of that before. These stories makes me very grateful to have had a procedure that did go well.

Inactive

Sean - Just curious if you have photos of your hair grown out? I was just looking at your pictures again and it looks like your hair would look just fine grown out. Sometimes we're our own worst critics, so is there a chance that your hair looks totally acceptable grown out and that the HTs were a success after all?

Hello!!

I am interested to know if OP found a solution to his issue?

Quote Originally Posted by seanyboy8686 View Post
    Thanks Pkipling, yea. I am thinking smp as a last resort. Only thing is as I gray (age 45 now) I'm not sure how to deal with the smp not matching (besides using temporary smp).

At my thinning rate I know I have at least a couple of years before I will have to buzz. This will give me some time to try some things like micro needling, derma rolling, or laser to see how the scar improves. I am thankful the scar is very nice compared to most others I've seen.

Cheers..
    Temp smp in your scar(really good scar) would make it all but invisible and would allow the smp to age with you.