+ Reply to Thread

Default Minoxidil and skin issues

Hi everyone, long time since I posted here and probably no one remembers me by now,
    So for all the newcomers: I'm sorry.

Anyway I've been dealing with hairloss since I was 18, yea, and now I'm 26 and have used probably every product that ever existed, (Can't handle fin/dut. tried a few times) But the best one was without a doubt minoxidil.
    It has made my hair insanely fuller, to a degree that sometimes I thought my hair looks better than in my teen years.
    The only problem was my face, it affected it, also insanely. I mean it's not something that people see but I can clearly see it and I'm not imagining it, I'm 26 with some little wrinkles mainly in the eyes area and my skin color has changed a bit too, like I'm in my 30's.
    My parents looked like teenagers until they were 50, so no it's not in the genes.

I started using minox in 2011 and stopped in 2014 (because of the face) for a year, but after I almost became bald I started it again and the hair grew back in an instant, with my face, that also grew (up).
    So...I wondered if there's anything that can be done to "counter" that, even though probably the only thing that can be done is to stop using it, which will lead to thinner hair again and me being bald, and then I'll look like I'm in my 40's anyway.
    I thought about retin-a and maybe dermarolling or something, but still..don't think it's gonna help really.

So if anyone here has faced (yea) the same problem and actually had something to do about it, I would be really happy to hear.

Thanks.

hmm. i just started using lipogaine minoxidil... i'm curious on how i should be applying though. obviously i hit my crown first cause that's where it's needed the most. i have long hair so i'm wondering how i need to apply it. should i just part my hair down the middle and apply the minox in my middle part and just leave it like that? before i was trying to use it all over my head on the top without parting my hair and it would just get in my hair and i feel like i was wasting product... i have thinning hair on the top/midsection too so... obviously i would have to use over 1mL... which i do regardless, i put 1 mL on my crown.. should i be doing it a different way?

sorry if that didn't answer your question i'm just curious on how to apply since i just started using it april 1

Can you be more specific about what happen in the skin of your face. Wrinkle? dark? I use minoxidil for 9 months without any side effect like you said. I also use gelatin as an supplement for my hair and skin. https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-G...ywords=gelatin

Quote Originally Posted by marklin View Post
    Can you be more specific about what happen in the skin of your face. Wrinkle? dark? I use minoxidil for 9 months without any side effect like you said. I also use gelatin as an supplement for my hair and skin. https://www.amazon.com/Great-Lakes-G...ywords=gelatin
    Wrinkles, not something that anyone can see without checking me really close but still. anyway I'm about to start taking a supplement called Biosil. Heard good things about it. I'll see if I get results and if not I'll just change to something else. Have you seen any difference with the gelatin product?

I can not said for sure that gelatin work or not, but it has very good review at Amazon.

Have been using extra strength minox religiously for years; no skin issues and my skin is insanely sensitive