+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Will anyone here agree that the "positive" results of Replical MAY affirm the findings of Aderans?
    They may, but they also may lead to nothing more than a dead end.

I know the results didnt rock our world, but SOMETHING 'down there' happened - and I think we can ALL agree... every form of technology starts off shit.
    Indeed, it's unrealistic to expect that someone is suddenly going to produce a revolutionary new hair loss treatment. Such discoveries are evolutionary in nature, and even seemingly failed efforts contribute to the process by adding to the knowledge base.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Does anyone here agree that the "positive" results of Replical MAY affirm the findings of Aderans?

I know the results didnt rock our world, but SOMETHING 'down there' happened - and I think we can ALL agree... every form of technology starts off shit.
    So far replicel has approximately the same phase 1 results as aderans. I was hoping for replicel to SHIT on aderans results to be honest.

Throwing regrowth aside, if there's one thing that is "positive", is the fact that it was able to thicken up terminal hair. If that hair is immunized from DHT, this could be definitely be a good thing for those with hair and women IF they work hard.

By the time this comes out though I would be a Norwood 7. So, yeah I am done with replicel.

David Hall sounded depressed during his interview with Spencer... I think it was because he was scrolling through this thread as he was speaking on the phone:

http://www.*************/hair-loss/bo...ategory-0.html

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Yes, in a study that was something like 95% about safety and 5% about efficacy. Phase I trials are far too limited in scope to be anything close to a thorough examination of efficacy. If you've got everything spot-on the first time around, then you can demonstrate efficacy; but if not, such trials don't allow for the adjustment of multiple variables that might produce different results. True efficacy can only be gauged after all a full Phase II trial..
    What are you going on about? No one ever said anything about "true efficacy". This trial is being evaluated by the parameters set by David Hall and Replicel. He was the one who came out an said, in regards to the efficacy of this trial (phase I/II), this interim report, that the benchmark would be current treatments i.e. minox and propecia. He is on record as saying (very explicitly) what a success would be defined as, in terms of efficacy. So don't tell me that this trial was 5% efficacy. That is not the picture painted by Hall in his pre-results media interactions. You're simply making things up. This trial was about both safety and efficacy and each dimension carries it's own importance. That's why they even bothered to collect the efficacy data at all, nevermind sending it out in an official report.

You and Tracy can clap your hands over your ears and scream nah, nah, nah i can't hear you all you want . But, these results as they stand, are a disappointment for everyone involved...and that is a mathematical certainty which can't be denied.

Now, if you want to discuss the possibility of more growth in the next 6-12 months, and them turning this around, I'd be glad to. As I don't think this is the nail in the coffin for them. I do believe there is a possibility that the hair cycle time may affect results on a much larger time frame then anyone is used to. But, that remains to be seen.

Regardless of how anyone views these results, the fact of the matter is, they have a very long road ahead of them. 2014/2015 timelines which were being thrown around (by Replicel!) are no longer a reality. Which for some of us, is a disappointment in and of itself.

You can say they are positive results cos some actual growth has happend...BUT the amount of growth is so low which effectively makes the results negative.

I myself am after a treatment/cure that will get all my hair back or at least 50% of the thickness would be satisfactory.

We are miles away from this with Replicel.

I'm not sure what the original poster wants. It appears every time someone doesn't write something glowing about Replicel that she calls them "uneducated," "negative" etc.

Replicel has shown no effectiveness whatsoever. No substantial regrowth, nothing to inspire any confidence in their procedure. Given that David Hall publicly said he was expecting >20% growth and that websites and analysts were paid big money to promote their stock as a potential cure, posters have every right to be upset.

I'm disappointed as well but that doesn't mean we should bury our heads in the sand. As long as posters are being reasonable they have every right to vent or question Replicel.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    He is on record as saying (very explicitly) what a success would be defined as, in terms of efficacy.
    Here is exactly what he said:

"If we achieve 20% percent growth that would be a home run in terms of the comparative technologies out there.”

That ain't the same thing as saying "We expect 20% growth" or "If we don't achieve 20% growth, it'll be an abysmal failure."

You're simply making things up.
    That statement is itself an example of your making stuff up.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    posters have every right to be upset.
    Really? Did Replicel do anything that caused anyone to lose hair? Is being hypercritical of one of the few companies actually engaged in hair loss treatment research likely to inspire further efforts along those lines?

Really? Did Replicel do anything that caused anyone to lose hair?
    Again, you're selectively quoting my posts. When the CEO appears on interviews claiming that they fully expect to exceed >20% growth, when a bunch of websites and analysts are paid to promote the product as a cure for hair loss, and then results are released which show absolutely no tangible growth, of course people aren't going to be positive about the results and Replicel.

Is being hypercritical of one of the few companies actually engaged in hair loss treatment research likely to inspire further efforts along those lines?
    Yeah, I'm sure companies are going to stop their research based on what's written on Bald Truth Talk.

This is a forum, people are here to share their views. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Certainly, there are people on both sides who could show more tact, including the thread starter, but that doesn't mean you should be upset at posters who aren't impressed with Replicel.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    Certainly, there are people on both sides who could show more tact, including the thread starter, but...
    Are you even listening to your own words? No you are not.