Any previous or current Ru 58841 users out there? Need Urgent Help - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Any previous or current Ru 58841 users out there? Need Urgent Help

Hi guys,

Im new this forum. I starting having diffuse thinning since 2005 but I didn't really address the problem until 2010 when I started dutasteride. I maintained well (hair line and temples intact, but diffusely thin over the top of the head) and got a fue hair transplant in 2015, around 1700 donor hairs, the results were so so.

Ive maintained my hair on dut but I recently started experiencing bone pain and my sexual function has always been less on this medication. I saw some things online about Ru58841, and how its topical and does not have side effects.

So before doing any real research on it, I bought RU 5% pre mixed with K&B solution from anagen. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. At first I didn't know about dosing, so I was spraying at least 2-3mls per application at night. And it caused me to shed alot, to the point now my temples are visible and my hair line is also effected. I decreased my dose to 1.5mls per application (I need this much to get every portion).

Also the solution did not cause any irritation on application, but on the next day, it made my scalp feel very itchy and tingly. I stuck through it for two weeks because I thought I felt something all over my scalp, thinking it could be new hairs but it maybe just skin exfoliation or scabbing.

My questions are:

1. Can RU 58841 effect transplanted hairs negatively, as my hair right now looks alot worse than it did prior to me starting it

2. Reading through the boards, Ive seen lots of people say it takes months to see a difference when using RU.

Is this something I should stick with or is the shedding and head itchiness/tingling a sign that my scalp is NOT responding well too this medication. I think the shedding has slowed down with lower dosing (mls) but I really don't want to lose more hair.

Any suggestions would be of great help. Im really stressing about the lost hair from shedding, but at the same time, I feel like I started this treatment, and maybe should see it through for 3-6 months.