+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Whoaaaa guys! They've just released the first draft of abstracts being presented at the congress. Dr Takashi Tsuji is presenting a talk called: "Hair Regeneration as a Future Organ Replacement Regenerative Therapy" on Friday November 20th.

Another interesting piece of information I found was that Dr Takashi Tsuji also works for RIKEN Centre for Developmental Biology in the Department of Organ Regeneration! Here's the link:

http://www.cdb.riken.jp/en/research/...ory/tsuji.html

This centre is actively working to regenerate hair follicles. Let's see if he has anything new to present at this congress <fingers crossed>
    Whoah thats indeed good news and today I just made an appointment for FUE. Is this method going to make hair transplants obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    Whoaaaa guys! They've just released the first draft of abstracts being presented at the congress. Dr Takashi Tsuji is presenting a talk called: "Hair Regeneration as a Future Organ Replacement Regenerative Therapy" on Friday November 20th.

Another interesting piece of information I found was that Dr Takashi Tsuji also works for RIKEN Centre for Developmental Biology in the Department of Organ Regeneration! Here's the link:

http://www.cdb.riken.jp/en/research/...ory/tsuji.html

This centre is actively working to regenerate hair follicles. Let's see if he has anything new to present at this congress <fingers crossed>

"......as a Future Organ Replacement Regenerative Therapy"

this is down the road. Probably (you guessed it) 5 years.

The Science ZERO Japan video @ 4:10 states Dr. Tsuji is aiming for practical use within 10 years. We can not even get five years anymore, now we have transitioned into decades away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0Hvrx093I

Good to see that Kythera is a sponsor of the event

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    The Science ZERO Japan video @ 4:10 states Dr. Tsuji is aiming for practical use within 10 years. We can not even get five years anymore, now we have transitioned into decades away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0Hvrx093I
    I think nobody can creat hair follicle from stem cells still. They can create only body hair which is different.

Serious question.

If you guys really are "realists" about the fact that there is nothing significant at all to come out in the next 3-4 years, then what is the point of being on this forum, especially the Cutting Edge section?

In my opinion, even getting only a few new tangible commercial products beyond Minox-Fin will be a huge and long overdue breakthrough.

Even something like a topical fin "without sides" is not an advancement to be scoffed at. It is huge. Especially considering we haven't had any new products since the 1980's.

It's not an all-or-nothing playing field. Just because the ultimate cure isn't already here in the next few years doesn't mean there is nothing to look forward to.

hair clonig dead
    stem cell dead
    hair multiplication dead
    What's left ?

Quote Originally Posted by inbrugge View Post
    Serious question.

If you guys really are "realists" about the fact that there is nothing significant at all to come out in the next 3-4 years, then what is the point of being on this forum, especially the Cutting Edge section?

In my opinion, even getting only a few new tangible commercial products beyond Minox-Fin will be a huge and long overdue breakthrough.

Even something like a topical fin "without sides" is not an advancement to be scoffed at. It is huge. Especially considering we haven't had any new products since the 1980's.

It's not an all-or-nothing playing field. Just because the ultimate cure isn't already here in the next few years doesn't mean there is nothing to look forward to.
    this. I'll be over the moon if a prodcut that does not mess with hormones comes out to the market soon which as just as effective as fin, I can empathise however, because I am NW2 I would love a product that I can maintain with for 10+ years then let balding take its course, If I was NW3+ however I think I would be more desperate for a regrowth product/cure to be out soon so I see where those people are coming from.

10 years have passed quickly is hopeful that a good bile medicines

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    I think nobody can creat hair follicle from stem cells still. They can create only body hair which is different.
    I think this is precisely the problem. We are trying to take them out of their natural environment and expect them to grow hair. I feel like it is far more likely that we'll "reawaken" them first than take them out and make entire new hair follicles, which are mini organs, in a petri dish. Call me crazy but I think the idea of getting out own bodies to do something they used to naturally do (grow hair on the head) is more plausible than trying to do it ourselves outside the scalp environment, and put them back in. The fact that the stem cells are still present is of gigantic importance and gives me hope that this is actually possible. Whether we'll get this result in 5 years or 20 is anybody's guess.