+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you think it's too late for me? And what would the cost be? (pics included)

So I am tired of being bald and feel that I would be much happier with hair like most guys. I honestly feel depressed about it and I know that sounds selfish compared to what other people may be going through but it has seriously affected my self confidence and ability to approach women.

Before I begin, here are some pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	baldness-01.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	43149Click image for larger version

Name:	baldness-02.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	43150Click image for larger version

Name:	baldness-03.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	43151

I feel I am at the point of no return. I have lost so much hair that I am wondering if I will ever have the opportunity to get it back again, even with expensive hair transplant surgery.

So my question is this:

1) Is it even possible for me to get a hair transplant surgery at this point based on the pictures you see?

2) How much do you think the price range would cost? My guess is around $15,000 and upwards at this point right? And what hair transplant method do you recommend?

3) Also do I have to take propecia after my hair transplant? I refuse to take propecia after hearing of the negative side effects.

Thanks for your help.

A good HT could make a huge difference.

Won't be cheap and depends on your donor hair, but you aren't too far for a HT.

Do a free Skype or in person consultation with a good HT doc.

Avoid hair mills like Bosley, they aren't good.

Unfortunately at your stage you're probably looking upwards of 20,000$. (4000+ grafts)

Propecia is used to protect non transplanted hair in people typically with less hairloss than you who aren't done balding. Transplanted hair doesn't fall out, so no you don't need Propecia or Rogaine.

Also another option is SMP, I had a friend get SMP and was shocked how much younger he looked. He's very satisfied and it cost him 1.2k including travel.

A hair transplant will cost you a lot in the US with your stage. I would perhaps look around which solutions are out there in the international market. There are a lot of reviews for surgeons in Turkey for instance. I believe they can make something under or around $10.000

Thanks for your time. I have never considered travelling to get a hair transplant. I have started a new topic on this subject to see what everyone recommends because I definitely cannot afford $20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by BalderbytheMinute View Post
    Thanks for your time. I have never considered travelling to get a hair transplant. I have started a new topic on this subject to see what everyone recommends because I definitely cannot afford $20,000.
    It would be half that price if you go to one of the top surgeons in Belgium or Turkey.

And how is his age relevant?! This guy is like super bald already, no chance he can get any worse.

I'm sick of this age BS, it doesn't matter. You can be a rapidly thinning NW3 at 45 and you can be a stable (of course, it's the last stop) NW6 at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    It would be half that price if you go to one of the top surgeons in Belgium or Turkey.

And how is his age relevant?! This guy is like super bald already, no chance he can get any worse.

I'm sick of this age BS, it doesn't matter. You can be a rapidly thinning NW3 at 45 and you can be a stable (of course, it's the last stop) NW6 at 25.
    100% agree... who cares about his age after looking at these photos. seems like his hairloss has been stabilized. I think 5000 grafts would be game changer depending on his donor capacity... i d go definitely more than 4000...

I would say that you could probably have a really good outcome if you had a conservative HT that aimed to restore the front and top with a mature hairline and left your crown alone or mostly alone.

Inactive

I think your best starting point is to set up an in person consultation with a reputable surgeon who is relatively close to you. Even if it's not a surgeon you're considering following through with, it'll be a great opportunity to help determine your best plan of action moving forward, what options you may or may not have, and he'll be able to educate you on all the ins and outs of a hair transplant procedure.

Regarding Propecia, I highly recommend that you at least move forward with an open mind and not be so terrified of the reported side effects. The vast majority take it with no problems at all, and it could really be beneficial for you - especially pre and post-op to help prevent shock loss. I'm not saying one way or another whether you should take it, but you definitely should be open to the possibility of needing it.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Propecia is useless at that point, there's not even a single hair to save anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Propecia is useless at that point, there's not even a single hair to save anymore.
    Did you look at his scalp? There is a LOT of hair to be saved. Finasteride is NOT pointless and if you are considering having "some" hair I would get on it asap and see how you maintain the hair you have over the next year or so, THEN consider a transplant.