Closed Thread
Page 66 of 187 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Incorrect.

With insulin DID grow hair, which is where this all started. Suspected IGF-1R was responsible.
    Tried just IGF-1, worked again.
    Works on humans? We don't know.
    Delivery method- true we don't know exactly WHY, but we do know THAT it works better than injection. Working on the exact Mechanism of Action with the world expert on skin structure.
    You also treated mice with insulin/IGF-1 injections?

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Based on your rigorous research, scientific background, and trials you conducted?
    I know that we didn't conduct both any human trials....

Love to see all the people who are not credited take shots at Follicept. Bunch of pessimistic "misery loves its company" personalities. They may be trying to make money through this product, but their goal is to try to alleviate the pain MPB afflicted people go through. I am not credited enough to say whether or not the product is going to work. Dr. Hsu (degree from HARVARD) far exceeds us in the ability to understand the effects of the IGF-1 vehicle. So to those of you bashing Devon and Follicept, go read a book or some shit. Figure your lives out and stop trying to shoot down the optimistic views of Devon and the Follicept team.

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Everybody, listen up,
    When you encounter a problem in life, you face it head on and you do everything you can to fix it. Male Pattern Baldness and our reaction to it is affecting our lives for the worse, so we gotta do something.
    So we treat it with what we can at the moment. Next issue, treatments are somewhat ineffective and let's just say Problematic.
    So we need to kick it up a gear, we research, we stay in tune with the latest developments and we make gradual changes to our regimens as treatments slowly improve.

My point here is that when you look at this follicept situation objectively, the decision about what to do regardless of any prior studies or evidence, is to proceed with a trial to see if the new topicon technology gets IGF-1 to the follicle and generates growth. Regardless of the chances of success, the decision to proceed is OBVIOUS.

In what universe would you not try? given the circumstances.

now I also want to address Devons morale and the effect the forum may be having on it. He has hinted several times that he is giving it everything he's got, but when he is heavily criticized it gets to him. We need this man at his best and feeling strong and supported, when he's on the phone to suppliers, when dealing with investors etc.

because the engine that is powering prometheon is Devon's heavily taxed nervous system. This engine needs the fuel of the tribal cheer behind it, ultimately so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to deal with our problem.

So Devon, Tune into the voices who are behind you and continue with force in your purpose... ...Tune out the critics, they don't understand what it takes to overcome adversity.
    Thanks for that! Means a lot. It isn't just the forum- I would have bigger issues in life it it was just this forum that kept me going or broke me down. But it does indeed get tiring- if not discouraging for work, it definitely makes responding to everyone here less of a priority when it's repetitive and negative. With that said, I am still engaged, and no one wants this to work more than me, and no one will be more disappointed if it fails. But if it does, we will let you know and move on to the next thing we can. Hang tight.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Follicept/Devon, if you guys start to show some success then some of us would like to invest in your company. Is that possible? BTW, that could be how you pay back the people who supported you and punish people who flamed you. You could decline to let the flamers invest while allowing the people who were supportive to invest.

Also, I read in one of the posts that the company feels positive about this treatment mostly because of one Japanese study which supports the treatment concept. Could you please post a link to that study? I would like to see that study if you can post a link please.
    Once we have results (assuming positive), then finding investment will be no problem! Everyone will invest once the risk has been removed, haha. We had the same story with insulin- we were looking to raise money for required pig trials. People would tell us, sure, once you have pig data, we're in! Haha, circular logic.

We do have a seed round open to accredited investors as defined by the SEC. If any of you fit that definition and are interested, let me know. Minimum $50k investment. I wish we could accept smaller amounts and non-accredited investors- our life would be much easier.

I wouldn't say it's mostly because of that study- that's just one study of many that encourages us. It should be linked on the Follicept website- I don't have it handy. Others have posted it too.

Thanks!

We can throw what we know or what we think we know out the window. Nothing is certain with hair loss and new treatments will come as a shock and surprise, if and when they do come. Thinking outside the box is how we are gonna beat this. We are constantly learning and something which we perceive to be proven today, could be a completely ludicrous concept in a few years time. We have to be open minded and embrace new ideas, and new forward thinking companies with open arms. I think its pretty obvious to spot a scam these days and this ain't one.

Quote Originally Posted by benutzer81 View Post
    You also treated mice with insulin/IGF-1 injections?
    Yes. Injected mice with insulin to compare vs patch, and they grew hair. There was so much extra insulin it was binding to IGF1R. We can deliver the same therapeutic effect as 140 units of insulin over a week with just 6 units of our TopiconTM formulation.

We did not try injection of IGF-1 vs Topicon because IGF-1 injections wouldn't do us any good. IGF-1 Topicon (Follicept) was effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Clion1995 View Post
    Love to see all the people who are not credited take shots at Follicept. Bunch of pessimistic "misery loves its company" personalities. They may be trying to make money through this product, but their goal is to try to alleviate the pain MPB afflicted people go through. I am not credited enough to say whether or not the product is going to work. Dr. Hsu (degree from HARVARD) far exceeds us in the ability to understand the effects of the IGF-1 vehicle. So to those of you bashing Devon and Follicept, go read a book or some shit. Figure your lives out and stop trying to shoot down the optimistic views of Devon and the Follicept team.
    Thanks! If everyone would prefer, since they are so confident it won't work, I could just quit now and go back to teaching scuba diving and tell Dr. Hsu to go back to a fat academic salary- we'd both be making more than we are now. That way we wouldn't have to worry about succeeding

Quote Originally Posted by Clion1995 View Post
    I agree, Clown1995.

Man this thread is filled with so much non sense that it makes it hard to follow. And by non sense I mean people bashing this product without knowing if it works or not. Time will tell.