+ Reply to Thread

Default 19 and losing my hair?

Hey guys, I'm pretty new around here and to the whole hairloss thing. I've always had a (very) high and pushed back hairline with a pronounced widows peak. Last year, when I was 18, I thought I noticed it maybe getting a little higher but dismissed it. A few days ago, however, the thought popped into my head again and I am beginning to become concerned. When my hair gets longer, as it is now, I usually just push it back. I believe I've noticed the beginning of some recession but I'm not completely sure. I have a bit of a split family history of baldness. My dad has been losing his slowly since about 23, his dad went through the same process. My mother's father still had his hair at 80 and her brother has a full head of hair as well. To be honest, It's really beginning to get to me, to the point where I've been finding it hard to focus on school work. If it is receding, I'd really like to get on some preventative medication (I've heard about fin, rogaine, minoxidil). Anyway, the not knowing is the worst part and I'd appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

Pictures in the red are from the other day, the two not in red are from about a year ago for some (not great) reference. I'll try to get some better ones.
    http://imgur.com/a/t2NHC

You have the same hairline like i did, it also didnt good, but clearly started to recede when i was at age of 24, your hair looks good now, the problem on hairline like ours is that its hard to catch the moment when you start to recede.

Yeah that's exactly how I've been feeling, really hard to tell when my hairline has been pretty high my whole life. My hair is also extremely thick and wavy, I don't know if that counts for anything? How did you identify the recession at 24?

Anyone else have an opinion?