+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Cheers Spex. Enjoying your e-book at the mo . I'd highly recommend it for guys just starting their research on hair loss options.

All good Folly - Glad you have found my project of use.

Take your time with it so you understand everything much better.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I was in surgery for 15-16 hours in total. I mentioned this to my HT surgeon and he said that the grafts were placed in a special solution, so this is not the reason for the grafts shedding.

My HT surgeon is pretty well known in Europe and has been accredited quite a few times on this forum. Won't be naming him for the time being....sorry !!
    I'm not asking you to explicitly name the doc but I can't think of too many well known FUE docs in Europe so re this 'special solution,' was it Acell or some kind of 'fertiliser'? Also is he a member of the IAHRS? I've got a short list of 4 European docs that do FUE in my head that might have been the guy so I might have a better clue as to who the doc was if you can answer those two questions. No need to answer them if you feel you can't.

I wish you all the very best and hopefully Spex can help you out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I'm not asking you to explicitly name the doc but I can't think of too many well known FUE docs in Europe so re this 'special solution,' was it Acell or some kind of 'fertiliser'? Also is he a member of the IAHRS? I've got a short list of 4 European docs that do FUE in my head that might have been the guy so I might have a better clue as to who the doc was if you can answer those two questions. No need to answer them if you feel you can't.

I wish you all the very best and hopefully Spex can help you out in the future.
    What exactly is the problem about him naming his doctor? At the end of the day we are only trying to help

this 'special solution,' was it Acell or some kind of 'fertiliser'?
    It was HypoThermosol.

No need to answer them if you feel you can't.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    DepressedByHairLoss:

Don't take this the wrong way man, we're all here because we feel down or even sad by our hairloss. It's completely out of our control and we wish we had it otherwise. We see people who are self-confident or even arrogant, they act like total jerks, they take what they have for granted and we feel we might've deserved to keep our hair more than they did.

But you know what? When I read your post about "the enormous burden of baldness", "prayers not being answered" and "injustice" I really wanna slap some sense in you. Seriously man you're 32 years-old.

80-85 % of the people in the world (both bald and full of hair) are born in poverty, hunger, war or enviroments which give them absolutely no chances for the future. Other people are born with - or get the 'enormous burden' on a later stage in life - some terrible physical or mental handicap/disease which excludes them completely of starting a normal family or social life. Neither one of their prayers will ever by answered.

Yes, it's sad we lost a big part of our identity and our good looks, but you know what? Put your money where your mouth is and go run those 10 miles a day, go work out in the gym and be mindful of your clothes and half the chicks won't even care if you're bald.

We're all here because we hope one day to see (even just a small part) of our hair back. But if you're depressed because you can't be billionaire or bang tons of hot chicks you need to get real or man up.
    Man, I just noticed this reply because it was posted more than a month after I made my original post. I don't know if you mean any offense or not, but don't ****in tell me you wanna slap some sense into me or I need to "man up". That is total bullshit, especially since you don't know me at all. You're frankly full of shit when you make comments like that.
    I never wanted to be a billionaire or bang tons of hot chicks; I was simply trying to make the point that good things happen to bad people and vice versa with no rhyme or reason whatsoever. And guess what, I go to the gym all the time (I'm lifelong power-lifter currently at 240 pounds) and I'm always mindful or how I dress and shit like that, but attractive women really do look down upon baldness. If this wasn't the case, then hair restoration would not be a 3 billion dollar industry. Hair plays a huge part in a person's attractiveness, confidence, quality of life, and overall well-being.
    Sure people have other burdens in life like being born into hunger, poverty, etc. and no one ever argued that these were less serious than hair loss. But that does not mean that hair loss is not a huge emotional burden as well. Sure it may not be as extreme as being physically disabled, but it's still an emotional burden and "a silent epidemic of biblical proportions", as Spencer so aptly puts it. I think that's why Spencer even created the American Hair Loss Association, this message board, and devoted his life to helping people with hair loss: because hair loss IS so emotionally devastating and is a "disease of the spirit".
    I'm even looking at your hair loss situation right now and it is not that bad and does not even fall into a Norwood category. I'm wondering if you would feel the same way if you were a Norwood 5 or so (thankfully I'm not close to being there yet). Hell, when I was still a Norwood 2 or so, I still felt that I looked good and I could disguise my hair loss pretty well. Back then I wasn't nearly as depressed as I am with my hair loss, and I certainly didn't view it as a disease at all. But when I lost even more hair, I started to feel much differently. I really think you'd feel differently too if your hair loss continued past the point that you're already at.

There are only three IAHRS surgeons in Europe:

Feriduni, Mwamba & Dr Farjo.

Dr Farjo doesn't do FUE, so that leaves Feriduni & Mwamba.

I believe Feriduni uses a 0.9mm punch wheras Mwamba uses a 1mm, so I think this was Dr Feriduni.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalObserver View Post
    There are only three IAHRS surgeons in Europe:

Feriduni, Mwamba & Dr Farjo.

Dr Farjo doesn't do FUE, so that leaves Feriduni & Mwamba.

I believe Feriduni uses a 0.9mm punch wheras Mwamba uses a 1mm, so I think this was Dr Feriduni.
    Oh man I hope not. If so it just goes to show that even the top guys have cases that don't work out.

I hope not too - I plan on undergoing FUE with Feriduni.

I could be wrong, of course, it could be Mwamba - just guesswork.

:-)

So either Dr Feriduni or Dr Muamba screwed this guys hair over?

This is not good news.