The difference of minoxidil? March > August (PHOTOS)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazoid
    • Sep 2012

Awesome Chris. You must be very happy with the results.

I know you are against taking Fin again - have you considered Saw Palmetto?

Comment

• chrisis
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Lazoid
      Awesome Chris. You must be very happy with the results.

I know you are against taking Fin again - have you considered Saw Palmetto?
      I have but I'm worried about side effects with that too :/

Comment

• MrBlonde
        • Jul 2012

Hi Chrisis, good results for 6 months. I too am thinking of using Rogaine 5%. Can you answer a few questions for me

How long before the initial shed started and how bad was it? How many hairs would you loose because of it?

How long before the initial shed stopped?

Would you recommend using the liquid or the foam?

Did it cause or stop any itching you may have had? Any other sides such as damaged to the skin, dizziness, headaches or dark circles under the eyes?

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MrBlonde
          Hi Chrisis, good results for 6 months. I too am thinking of using Rogaine 5%. Can you answer a few questions for me

How long before the initial shed started and how bad was it? How many hairs would you loose because of it?

How long before the initial shed stopped?

Would you recommend using the liquid or the foam?

Did it cause or stop any itching you may have had? Any other sides such as damaged to the skin, dizziness, headaches or dark circles under the eyes?
          Thanks MrBlonde!

The shed started within a few months and was really bad. I started frantically researching my options and was obsessed with this forum and researching. I've scaled down somewhat, but still want a hair transplant.

I started noticing improvement within 4-5 months. The hairs that fell out seemed to regrow and I think I gained territory. Never thought that would happen, but looking at these pics it's quite clear. I was actually a bit shocked seeing this post and how bad it was, even as recently as April.

I used both liquid and foam. Foam is the best if you can afford it; it's much easier to apply.

I had a bit of itchiness with the liquid, but haven't noticed it with the foam. I was using Nizoral for awhile also, so maybe that had an effect.

Hope this helps. Uploading some new pics.

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

New update showing minoxidil results with a more recent pic. I have dyed my hair darker in the recent photo and noticed it helps add depth and volume to my hair, so can recommend this for anyone in a similar position.

March

August

October(almost)

How I have my hair now usually

Comment

• dex89
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
              New update showing minoxidil results with a more recent pic. I have dyed my hair darker in the recent photo and noticed it helps add depth and volume to my hair, so can recommend this for anyone in a similar position.

March

August

October(almost)

How I have my hair now usually

lol who's that Stunning young lad? hair is improving but doesn't your hair get worst if you dye it?

Comment

• chrisis
                • Feb 2012

Nah it's not too bad for it. I think a heavy bleach going light might be bad for it. Plus I follow with a good conditioning treatment. Thanks for the compliment

Comment

• frankieteardrop
                  • Sep 2012

those results are encouraging! I'm actually about to start minox, but I'm concerned about the initial shed. Would you say your hairline was noticeably thinner? I ask because my hairline is at about the same point as yours was when you started, but definitely not as thick.

Comment

• BigThinker
                    • Oct 2012

Looks like you've seen a major improvement in the density at the line. This is where I have about a quarter inch of low density (where pulled back), and certainly where I'm most concerned, along with temples.

Was the first heavy shed bad? Looks like the results I need.

Comment

• KeepTheHair
                      • Mar 2010

Did the same for me. Only using it once every ***2*** days now and I keep my results while saving a ton of money... expensive to use this stuff twice a day for years.

Comment

• aim4hair
                        • Aug 2011

do you only use half cap per application or you use more ?

Comment

• chrisis
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by frankieteardrop
                          those results are encouraging! I'm actually about to start minox, but I'm concerned about the initial shed. Would you say your hairline was noticeably thinner? I ask because my hairline is at about the same point as yours was when you started, but definitely not as thick.
                          Yes, my hair line shed big time. It was a very worrying time.

Originally posted by BigThinker
                          Looks like you've seen a major improvement in the density at the line. This is where I have about a quarter inch of low density (where pulled back), and certainly where I'm most concerned, along with temples.

Was the first heavy shed bad? Looks like the results I need.
                          I got a very heavy shed which lasted a few months. I would lose hair in the shower and styling on a daily basis.

Originally posted by KeepTheHair
                          Did the same for me. Only using it once every ***2*** days now and I keep my results while saving a ton of money... expensive to use this stuff twice a day for years.
                          It's not too expensive compared to other options and I don't hear much about side effects. I believe minoxidil is the first line of defence before drugs and surgery.

Originally posted by aim4hair
                          do you only use half cap per application or you use more ?
                          I use half a cap per application, and I only use it once before bed.

Comment

• MrBlonde
                            • Jul 2012

Chrisis did you find that Minox shed only the weak thin hairs that were due to go anyway or did it also effect the healthy thick hairs it came in contact with? such as those at the centre of the hairline.

Were you not shedding before Minox? or was it an increased shed you noticed once you started?

I am thinking about starting Minox also but dreading anymore shedding than I am currently going through.

Has the shedding now stopped all together? no hairs in the shower or lost when styling etc?

Comment

• chrisis
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MrBlonde
                              Chrisis did you find that Minox shed only the weak thin hairs that were due to go anyway or did it also effect the healthy thick hairs it came in contact with? such as those at the centre of the hairline.

Were you not shedding before Minox? or was it an increased shed you noticed once you started?

I am thinking about starting Minox also but dreading anymore shedding than I am currently going through.

Has the shedding now stopped all together? no hairs in the shower or lost when styling etc?
                              I think it shed some hairs that may have gone and has reestablished my hairline, thicker than it was before. I was not noticeably shedding before minoxidil. The shed has stopped now.

Comment

• ohwell
                                • Oct 2012

Hi Chrisis,

How long was it before you started seeing results?
                                I've been applying it once daily for 5 weeks now and I think my thinning area is increasing even in pictures I have been taking?

Did you ever use the liquid version at all?

Thanks

Comment

Working...