Hairloss Battle Story -3 Years Pics - Q's need answering - Fin time - 24 years old - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nickmas View Post
    To be honest you don't look that bald man. I'm 27 and even at 24 I was worse off than this. If you cut your hair shorter it'll be virtually unnoticeable for a while. That's what I do right now I just have to make sure it's cut once a week.
    It's ok for now, but the crown is definitely thin, if I comb over my hair you can't really tell from the font, but the crown you can definitely see. It's just that over the three years, there has been so much hair lost, who knows how much more i'll loose in the next 1-2years... I want to give this a proper fight and then if it doesn't go well then its a buzz cut for me I suppose or maybe transplant in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Dude you're way, way, WAY overcompensating for this.

I'll make it simple,

0.25mg ED (it's 85% as effective at reducing DHT as 1mg)
    Lipogaine 5% SENSITIVE minoxidil
    Regenepure DR alternated with Pura D'or Gold (Better alternative to nizoral 2% which dried my scalp and made it flake every time I used it)
    128 diode lllt helmet (find cheap hong kong made)

On the supp front you are way over thinking it, chances are you will have no negative effects on the finasteride 0.25mg and it will work well for you. I was like you, waited a year and talked to about 6 doctors in my state, and they all said that about 1/10 had issues, and they seemed a little nuts and hyperchondriac to begin with. Stay calm, and you'll be fine with it.

I would simply go:

Krill Oil
    Multivitamin with 25mg of Zinc
    5g of collagen for the minox

Thank God you're a diffuse thinner, because this regime will work miracles on you. Do what I said for 6 months and post the pics up. Wouldn't be surprised if you completely regrow your losses.
    Ok once I do bloods/get fin prescription, i'll just start with 0.25mg EOD for first 2weeks and then just move onto 0.25mg ED.

Is there much difference between Lipogaine and rogaine?

With regards to Regenpure DR (220ml) bottle - how long does this last you if you use it EOD?. I need to weight up also whether to get pura d'or for normal shampoo or go for regenepure NT. What you think?

I think i'll pass on the helmets.

Thanks for your help so far, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by wannamyhairback View Post
    i am diffuser too, and here is my Regimen

Rogaine Foam twice a day full cap(twice of recommended) for 2 and half month already seen slight difference on the vertex but no improvement on the top
    Propecia first 1mg everyday (for 3 month) then 1 mg every other day due to financial sit and little brain fog , no sexual sides so far.
    Supplement (Itreallyworks once a day ) and biotin 10000mcg once a day
    Shampoo Nizoral2% at first then switched it to Regenepure.

should i go for lipogaine liquid minoxidil for my TOP?
    Thats lucky, no sides!

Also that supplement, itreallyworks, seems alright, I think i'll just buy some individual pills though. I think thats too much biotin tbh, people recommend like 5000mcg max a day.

I'm thinking of switching to regenepure DR shampoo too

Quote Originally Posted by pkgr33n View Post
    It's ok for now, but the crown is definitely thin, if I comb over my hair you can't really tell from the font, but the crown you can definitely see. It's just that over the three years, there has been so much hair lost, who knows how much more i'll loose in the next 1-2years... I want to give this a proper fight and then if it doesn't go well then its a buzz cut for me I suppose or maybe transplant in the future.

Ok once I do bloods/get fin prescription, i'll just start with 0.25mg EOD for first 2weeks and then just move onto 0.25mg ED.

Is there much difference between Lipogaine and rogaine?

With regards to Regenpure DR (220ml) bottle - how long does this last you if you use it EOD?. I need to weight up also whether to get pura d'or for normal shampoo or go for regenepure NT. What you think?

I think i'll pass on the helmets.

Thanks for your help so far, appreciate it!

Thats lucky, no sides!

Also that supplement, itreallyworks, seems alright, I think i'll just buy some individual pills though. I think thats too much biotin tbh, people recommend like 5000mcg max a day.

I'm thinking of switching to regenepure DR shampoo too
    Lipogaine sensitive for me has the benefit that unlike Rogaine it does not cause flaking or dryness of the scalp and also dries very quickly. It has azelaic acid which is a studied and proven antagonist to DHT, as well as a bunch of general hair health ingredients like biotin and saw palmetto which likely makes a very minor difference to scalp DHT but isn't proven.

To be honest, you should do propecia ED at 0.25mg, EOD is basically going to lower your DHT to the same level on the days you take it and then let it rise on the off day, so you're still experiencing life without the DHT to the full extent on the days you take it, and making it a little less effective by letting it rise. Either you will get sides on the days you take it or you won't, just do 0.25mg every day.

I bought Regenepure DR, NT, Pura D'or Gold and Nizoral at once 4 months ago and still have half the bottle remaining for each and I have pretty long hair. I'm guessing 220ml goes for at least 2 months. I do DR then one day of Pura then one day of NT and so on. Hard to say but I think DR makes it look the fullest while NT makes it look the softest and nicely textured. Pura sort of in between. NT and Pura both moisturise it quite well unlike the DR which I can't handle too often because of the drying effect.

http://au.iherb.com/pr/country-life-...0-tablets/1714

This hair supplement seems very good and doesn't have saw palmetto so it won't mess further with your DHT on top of propecia. Also quite cheap. I wouldn't go more than 2000mcg of biotin in addition to that you get with food.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanlucBergman View Post
    Lipogaine sensitive for me has the benefit that unlike Rogaine it does not cause flaking or dryness of the scalp and also dries very quickly. It has azelaic acid which is a studied and proven antagonist to DHT, as well as a bunch of general hair health ingredients like biotin and saw palmetto which likely makes a very minor difference to scalp DHT but isn't proven.

To be honest, you should do propecia ED at 0.25mg, EOD is basically going to lower your DHT to the same level on the days you take it and then let it rise on the off day, so you're still experiencing life without the DHT to the full extent on the days you take it, and making it a little less effective by letting it rise. Either you will get sides on the days you take it or you won't, just do 0.25mg every day.

I bought Regenepure DR, NT, Pura D'or Gold and Nizoral at once 4 months ago and still have half the bottle remaining for each and I have pretty long hair. I'm guessing 220ml goes for at least 2 months. I do DR then one day of Pura then one day of NT and so on. Hard to say but I think DR makes it look the fullest while NT makes it look the softest and nicely textured. Pura sort of in between. NT and Pura both moisturise it quite well unlike the DR which I can't handle too often because of the drying effect.

http://au.iherb.com/pr/country-life-...0-tablets/1714

This hair supplement seems very good and doesn't have saw palmetto so it won't mess further with your DHT on top of propecia. Also quite cheap. I wouldn't go more than 2000mcg of biotin in addition to that you get with food.
    Oh right, Rogaine/Regaine works fine for me, does not casuse any flakes. I will stick to it.

Alright man, I will just start 0.25mg ED and continue with that.

I've purchased Regenepure DR and NT, I will shampoo everyday and just alternate the two.

I see that supp is fairly decent, but low dose in some vitamins. I've brought the following supps:
    Multi vitamin - http://nz.iherb.com/pr/p/68548
    L-Arginine - http://nz.iherb.com/pr/p/411
    Vit B-6 + b-12 mix - http://nz.iherb.com/pr/p/395
    Zinc (50mg) - http://nz.iherb.com/pr/p/878
    Biotin (5,000mcg) - http://nz.iherb.com/pr/p/3319

I couldn't see a lower dose biotin, but i'll see how I react to this, it was cheap anyways.

Update - Got finasteride prescription and ordered 84 1mg tabs from the pharmacy, will be cutting them into 1/4 and having that daily very soon, wish me luck guys!

Update - Got finasteride prescription and ordered 84 1mg tabs from the pharmacy, will be cutting them into 1/4 and having that daily very soon, wish me luck guys!
    Enjoy mate

Also to add be careful switching brands, as this can cause shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    Also to add be careful switching brands, as this can cause shedding.
    Oh right, yes I've heard similar stories, i'll stick to just the one.

I'm going to take the plunge real soon, the pills have arrived!

Hi all,

UPDATE 06 September 2018

Just an update, I never ended up doing anything and continued with minoxidil 1-2x daily (more the 1x) and ended up getting lazy and have not used nizoral in over a year.

I have lost a whole lot of ground, but am now ready to hop on finasteride.

My routine will be

THE BIG THREE:
    Finasteride 0.25mg daily (I have gone for microdose, studies show this is almost as effective as the 1mg dose)
    Minoxidil Topical Foam 5%.(Regaine)
    Nizoral shampoo EOD
    Regenepure NT EOD (possibly could use another everyday shampoo but unsure - pura seems to be popular?)

VITAMINS:
    Omega 3 Fish oil (2000mg 2xdaily)
    Biotin (5000mcg daily)
    Zinc (50mg daily-night)
    B-12 complex - b6 100mcg, b12 100mcg(1 a day)

Is there anything I am missing or should replace/add in?

Also when is the best time in the day to take the Finasteride pill?

I will post another topic next week when all my supplements arrive and take some basliene pics and keep a log with updates.

Hi all,

UPDATE 06 September 2018

Just an update, I never ended up doing anything and continued with minoxidil 1-2x daily (more the 1x) and ended up getting lazy and have not used nizoral in over a year.

I have lost a whole lot of ground, but am now ready to hop on finasteride.

My routine will be

THE BIG THREE:
    Finasteride 0.25mg daily (I have gone for microdose, studies show this is almost as effective as the 1mg dose)
    Minoxidil Topical Foam 5%.(Regaine)
    Nizoral shampoo EOD
    Regenepure NT EOD (possibly could use another everyday shampoo but unsure - pura seems to be popular?)

VITAMINS:
    Omega 3 Fish oil (2000mg 2xdaily)
    Biotin (5000mcg daily)
    Zinc (50mg daily-night)
    B-12 complex - b6 100mcg, b12 100mcg(1 a day)

Is there anything I am missing or should replace/add in?

Also when is the best time in the day to take the Finasteride pill?

I will post another topic next week when all my supplements arrive and take some basliene pics and keep a log with updates.
    Update on results?