Closed Thread
Page 18 of 187 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

sdsurfin, Just ignore him man.
    In every forum there's "that guy", and this time it's him.
    Me and many others are really thankful for everything you've done.
    It's just words coming out of a keyboard in a really sad room of a very sad man.

Oh and follicept, thank you too. You're a really genuine guy, appreciate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam1523 View Post
    Bro just ignore him... 90% of the time if I see his name I just skip over it, because generally when a thread is longer than two pages his comments are really just insults... Thanks for getting in touch with these guys though!
    This. We've all appreciated your hard work and more positive than the average viewpoint. Keep up the good work and stick around. If it weren't for you I know I wouldn't know shit about OC or have asked questions regarding Seti. Don't take some of the shit some people say on here to heart. Not worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    It's not one of the papers that was retracted. Boosting free IGF isn't the point either. Capsaicin is supposed to stimulate the sensory nerve. The isoflavone is then used by the sensory nerve to increase CGRP production which helps the hair follicles to produce IGF-1.

http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html
    Ok yeah I doubt it'll hurt, but just wanted to inform you that the other Japanese studies about soy and capsaicin were fudged.

The more I research the more I'm thinking that the main culprit in hair loss is DHT shutting down the gene called p-cadherin

If you read up on it, p-cadherin basically allows the WNT and beta catenin pathway to work and grow hair. Dht blocks cadherin. I have no idea how one could go about fixing this problem but it seems to be the lynchpin. It makes sense that dht acts to turn a gene on or off and this cascade all kinds of apoptosis. I think that as long as there is no fix for this were screwed, unless we implant brand new cells. Even if we block pgd2 , the WNT pathway is still gonna be all messed up. Maybe with a combo of a pgd2 blocker, a WNT booster, an IGF booster, and a safe anti androgen we can hold onto what we have til engineered hair comes out haha. It's all too much, so much easier to just shave the done and forget it

Yeah but doesnt dut or something like RU prevent MPB then by never allowing any of that to happen by stopping DHT in the very beginning? Thats why we cant give up completely on stuff like CB its still one of the most proven approaches so far. Once all those downstream events start happening though I can see how DHT becomes less important as other things take over.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah but doesnt dut or something like RU prevent MPB then by never allowing any of that to happen by stopping DHT in the very beginning? Thats why we cant give up completely on stuff like CB its still one of the most proven approaches so far. Once all those downstream events start happening though I can see how DHT becomes less important as other things take over.
    Yup. A topical and safe anti androgen would be great. But I also have a feeling that androgens are not the only pathway that triggers a collapse. Would make sense because females and non x-linked baldness might depend on different triggers. I think the follicle degrades in the same way for the most part, but different genetics probably have different triggers. Dht is def a common one. I really hope that replacement with new follicles works out and overrides other problems in scalp cells. Hair transplants working are a good sign.

So if it releases properly with a brand or seller like XYZ in lets say january 2016 and the same company is IN INDIA, how long will it take to reach common public??

Quote Originally Posted by paulie72785 View Post
    So if it releases properly with a brand or seller like XYZ in lets say january 2016 and the same company is IN INDIA, how long will it take to reach common public??
    Their plan is to get this to market in a matter of months, not years.

Im not very science literate but this IGF-1 is really interesting since i can't take finasteride.
    I would really appreciate it if someone correct me when i say that:-
    1. It will act like an ANTI-ANDROGEN as well as an ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST by blocking testosterone from getting into the hair follicles thereby no more Dihydrotestosterone is produced anymore.
    2. It will NOT cause cancer or something as its in so low doses if it goes systemic

Also could you guys at follicept do the same with a transdermal lotion/cream with Spironolactone if it is possible. No more systemic absoprtion is good enough to bet my left ball on.

Also when you guys say "Price it same as to Rogaine"
    you mean Generic minoxidil right or are you guys gonna rate it like the branded one?? Coz if it gets to India, it won't be that affordable. PLEASE anser this question follicept