+ Reply to Thread

Default New to the forum -

Hello all - glad to come across this site.
    Want to lob my scenario out to see what the pro's think I should do.
    Just turned 40 and will post pix later tonight.
    I've always had a receding hairline - as far back as I can remember. Never really bothered me - always kept my hair tight on sides (#2) and short on top. In fact , I still do and it looks OK.
    Recently (started late 30's but seems to have taken off in the last few months), I started to gray on sides first over the last few years and now top seems to be graying fast. To think point where comments are coming in.
    My "v" shape receding line perhaps has gotten a bit more narrow over the years but nothing noticeably alarming (it's a fairly sizable receding line but something I've just lived with)
    I am wondering if filling in the receded area (not fully , just fattening up the v some more) would help offset the graying , etc. Plus , since the receded area hasn't had hair there for geez, I don't know - 20 years (if it even did - I swear I've always had the V so I am not even sure where the real receding begins if that makes sense) , will it be a good recipient area? In other words, does previous hair have needed to be there for HT to be effective?
    I am in NJ/NYC - don't even know where to start / who to see , etc.
    I also like my hair tight on the sides (#2) and not sure the strip would work but hear FUE is dicey in reliable transplants? so much info! Do I just wait for more advanced tech! ?
    I don't know - will get pix up - but any feedback from the players here would certainly be appreciated.

You think that filling in some of the front would offset the aging effects of the grey hair? It would to an extent, but couldn't you dye your hair if it's the colour more than the hairline shape that bothers you?

Surgeons can plant grafts in area that never had hair. The grafts don't need to be placed into dormant follicles to grow - they just need a blood supply.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks Matt : here are some photos. How's the coloring term effects?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	top2.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	15387   Click image for larger version

Name:	top.jpg

Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	15388  

Your hair looks great to me, but with your age and level of loss I think you are a prime candidate for transplant if it bothers you. I think you said you are in NYC, go see Dr. Feller or Dr. True & Dorin both clinics are top notch and extremely ethical, you can't go wrong with either one of them , they will give it to you straight.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Your hair looks great to me, but with your age and level of loss I think you are a prime candidate for transplant if it bothers you. I think you said you are in NYC, go see Dr. Feller or Dr. True & Dorin both clinics are top notch and extremely ethical, you can't go wrong with either one of them , they will give it to you straight.

Thanks for the names! Yep NYC. I'll check them out.

Can't say I see any grey hairs in those photos! You seem like a solid 3 on the Norwood scale and considering your age and very slow rate of loss I think most surgeons would say you're an excellent candidate.

It looks like you'd benefit from having your temple points restored. Those are the bits that jut out at the sides of the forehead. Keep that in mind and mention it to any doctors you contact as it will effect the graft quote.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Can't say I see any grey hairs in those photos! You seem like a solid 3 on the Norwood scale and considering your age and very slow rate of loss I think most surgeons would say you're an excellent candidate.

It looks like you'd benefit from having your temple points restored. Those are the bits that jut out at the sides of the forehead. Keep that in mind and mention it to any doctors you contact as it will effect the graft quote.
    Thanks again Matt. Yeah, that and the 'Mohawk' look is why I really started looking into this. Appreciate your feedback.