+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I definitely think they should try AAPE in their vehicle and AAPE is already FDA approved from what I understand. That would be awesome.
    Literally ANYTHING would be better than IGF-1 ! Minox, Fina, AAPE or other growthfactors. Anything would be better than the growth factor LEAST associated with hair growth: http://i.imgur.com/ouAGMWB.png

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    I definitely think they should try AAPE in their vehicle and AAPE is already FDA approved from what I understand. That would be awesome.
    Hmm..if they used it in the vehicle would they still be able to register as homeopathic? It is a good idea, I think after IGF-1 results, if they feel like they will have to improve, AAPE is definitely the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Literally ANYTHING would be better than IGF-1 ! Minox, Fina, AAPE or other growthfactors. Anything would be better than the growth factor LEAST associated with hair growth: http://i.imgur.com/ouAGMWB.png
    Which paper is this from? I saw this from Baldy's post, but looking at again, I need exact context. Maybe Baldy sees this and responds, if Arashi does not know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    What's the point man? They're testing it now.

If it doesn't work, no harm done. You can go back to being a miserable bald jerk.

I for one am thankful that somebody is testing this. I really don't see the downside to them testing this....it's much more interesting than the typical garbage at-home "testing" (really a stretch to even call it that) we see done by forum members.

If they put out really ambiguous results and try to sell bottles for $100, then you can piss and moan and come in the save the day. Until then, go outside and get some fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    Which paper is this from? I saw this from Baldy's post, but looking at again, I need exact context. Maybe Baldy sees this and responds, if Arashi does not know.
    Dude, this is completely irrelevant and a waste of your time. Whether you (or anyone else) reads this paper or spends another minute researching IGF-1 does not matter--- because they are testing this RIGHT NOW..... so you can read this paper 100 times (or not) and they're still going to release the ACTUAL RESULTS OF THE SPECIFIC HYPOTHESIS WE ARE DEBATING in the next 2-4 weeks.

so sit back, relax, and lets see what they come up with (or don't come up with).

wasting time desperately trying to debate this while they're still a window for debate is-- beyond a waste of time.

Oh man, why is the same thing that happened with the last post happening with this post?

If the results are clearly ambiguous
    I just love this phrase, BTW.

Run a half-azzed trial, using concentrations so low the FDA will turn a blind eye to them and generate results that are ambiguous at best. Trial feedback will be something to this effect: "wow, my shedding completely stopped", "my hair feels so much fuller", "i'm maintaining and no side effects!". Young desperate guys will come running with their wallets out and hopes up.
    This is precisely what I'm afraid will happen with Follicept. We've seen the exact same thing before. Just read the testimonials on the website for TRX2. "It totally stopped my hair fall (almost)!" Also, a lot of scammers say they'll eventually perform a real trial with all due scientific rigor. In fact, Nigam even promised he would publish an article in a respected peer-reviewed journal. We're still waiting on that one. You just have to wonder about the ethics of people who make bold statements and try to build hype over a treatment that is not yet proven, let alone contemplate selling it. Scammers thrive on people who want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Again, the fact that you are comparing a doctor from India to a company funded by the University of Florida is plain ignorance. The beautiful thing about America is that if it were to be a scam, they wouldn't post false pictures because that would get them in trouble. The FTC would be all over them. Most snake oil companies only have false testimonies backing them up, false pictures will land some good money in the hands of those who are hurt. Please understand the claims you are making are false, and if you are really that offended by this call a lawyer to call in the FTC!
    "Young desperate guys will come running with their wallets out and hopes up." Their wallets would be opened to receive the money that the FTC sends them for being butt hurt.

It’s amazing how naive you guys are! The FTC is not going to spend the time or resources to go after a small time company like this. LOL. That’s what these companies rely on. Now, if enough complaints are filed, they might be contacted by the state, but even then they will most likely be instructed to change their marketing language and maybe get a stern warning letter and that’s a big maybe, especially if they market as a cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by hairisbeautiful View Post
    Again, the fact that you are comparing a doctor from India to a company funded by the University of Florida is plain ignorance. The beautiful thing about America is that if it were to be a scam, they wouldn't post false pictures because that would get them in trouble. The FTC would be all over them. Most snake oil companies only have false testimonies backing them up, false pictures will land some good money in the hands of those who are hurt. Please understand the claims you are making are false, and if you are really that offended by this call a lawyer to call in the FTC!
    "Young desperate guys will come running with their wallets out and hopes up." Their wallets would be opened to receive the money that the FTC sends them for being butt hurt.

Wow! This is so hopelessly naive, I don't even know where to begin with it.

Silly me! Unlike in India, American MDs and PhDs would never get away with peddling dubious and unproven treatments <cough> Oz. And obviously in America we have no hair loss scams thanks to the FTC. Ah well, I'm off to go buy some more Provillus, Capixyl, Doo Grow, Bioregenerative Sciences Hair Serum, and Spectral F7. Maybe I'll pick up a new laser helmet while I'm at it. I'll skip the TRX2 this time though--I don't want my hair to get too thick. Besides, they're from third world England where consumer protection is a joke. Who knows if their photos or testimonials are legit? And anyway, it's my patriotic duty to buy American when it comes to hair loss products!