+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

I have no idea Lukey. Ive been asking the same thing and nobody has really given me a definitive answer. I just ordered some FOOD GRADE pg, so hope it works.

I just read some study saying the heart has two androgen receptors one for T and one for DHT. Its pretty risky IMO to take a chance that you could alter receptors in heart cells long term. Maybe that cant happen or makes no difference but its scary to think about in a drug with little safety information. I am probably gonna go fin if my doc gives prescription but RU sounds so good in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I just read some study saying the heart has two androgen receptors one for T and one for DHT. Its pretty risky IMO to take a chance that you could alter receptors in heart cells long term. Maybe that cant happen or makes no difference but its scary to think about in a drug with little safety information. I am probably gonna go fin if my doc gives prescription but RU sounds so good in theory.
    Cheers for ruining my Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Do more reading. At least get the correct information. You're running in circles. Do you have a problem committing to things in all areas of life? At some point, calculated risk must be taken.

The Guevedoces of the Dominican, whom are pseudohermaphrodites, lack the DHT enzyme. They are born as females and with the testosterone surge during puberty, turn into functioning males. There is no difference health wise, heart wise between them and men with DHT surging through their veins. The only difference? They have no hairline recession and can't grow beards worth a damn.

Two quick RU questions:

I ordered a batch from Kane around 6-8 months ago, then put it in the freezer and forgot about it. Is it still good?

Also, I know I read advice somewhere about whether to apply RU before or after minox (I used foam). Can anyone remind me how to stack these treatments?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Two quick RU questions:

I ordered a batch from Kane around 6-8 months ago, then put it in the freezer and forgot about it. Is it still good?
    Yeah. Forms from Kane say "Date of EXP one year." Also, the last batch I got (in January) came with forms identifying it as "ROS RU" and said that it would stay good for a year even at room temperature. Not sure which you have but if you had it frozen the whole time, it should be fine.

Also, I know I read advice somewhere about whether to apply RU before or after minox (I used foam). Can anyone remind me how to stack these treatments?
    Documentation for (liquid) minoxidil says to keep the hair and scalp dry for 4 hours after applying. RU solution usually dries in seconds, so you'd think RU then minoxidil afterward. Not sure what vehicle you're using for your RU though, if it's K&B that has like a film to it that maybe could interfere with the minoxidil, but that's just speculation.

Personally I use the minoxidil early, take a shower later and wash my scalp, then use the RU afterward because I'm just not sure.

Can someone tell me if I did something wrong. Just applied my first RU batch tonight. Afterward my hair felt slightly sticky and coarse. It almost looked like it had a white tint to it as well. Is this just residue from the RU solution sticking to my hair or could there be something else wrong with what I did?
    Thanks for any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    Can someone tell me if I did something wrong. Just applied my first RU batch tonight. Afterward my hair felt slightly sticky and coarse. It almost looked like it had a white tint to it as well. Is this just residue from the RU solution sticking to my hair or could there be something else wrong with what I did?
    Thanks for any suggestions
    That sounds consistent with how it is for me, so I don't think you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Seuxin View Post
    If you don't want systemic effect use RUM instead of RU !
    Sorry but could you (or anyone else) elaborate on that? I know RUM is RU myristate which I've read is the "prodrug" version of RU but I have no idea what that means.

Everything else I've read is that there's no good vehicle for it. Plus it doesn't seem like anyone sells it so perhaps it's all a moot point.

few random questions... if you discontinue using RU will you lose any progress you made on it (is it similar in that way to rogaine/finasteride)? Also, is there generally a shedding period with it?