My Finasteride Story so far... - Page 19 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Hi Desmond!

Fellow Australian. Just a quick question: did you have to get a prescription for Propecia / Finastride?

hey des- when you get a chance i'd like to know your thoughts on making a hybrid topical with black cumin seed, like you rec'd, pumpkin seed oil and perhaps some other supplements thrown in. i know this is your specialty so your input would be much appreciated, always eager to hear from you, thanks.

Hey guys. i made a break from the forum. but Desmond inspired me to try a low dose of fin 0.25mg EoD since
    late august 2015 (i was scared and made almost two years research about sides etc) i will post pictures in the next days.
    before i was on nizoral and minox(only in the temples once daily) started november 2014.

NO sides! ( why i can say this? because some member scared the shit out of me and i observed my whole body over a year long before fin . you will be surprised how many differences you will spot daily. every time you notice a difference i would say FIN is the reason.... if i observed my body not enough before... make a record about if you dont trust...
    i was very depressed with my hairloss and i dont worry more and live!

i made it from a Norwood 3 to a 2-2.5 and my whole hair is thicker... i start to notice a small amount of regrowt

i loose only about 5 hairs daily

delete pls. double post

Bloody hell! Incredible results. Really encouraging thread, so thank-you.

Quick question: I have been using fin for about I think four months now. Stabilised my hair etc. I think I'm at about a Norwood 3. I have been taking a 1mg per day dose. Would it be risky for me now to reduce it to your recommended twice a week 0.25mg? Should I reduce my dose slowly starting with EOD and so on?

twice a week also work for desmond. but EoD is a little bigger dose and not easy to forget routine..
    thats your decision. i started so and i will not change my routine because i have great results with no sides... I never tried the full dose 1mg, but in my opinion why i would risk and take more of a drug when the small dose also work... with lower chance of sides...
    start slowly reduceing your dose and look if this dose work for you
    good luck!

For the topical Finasteride, why not just add Finasteride into Minoxidil solution to use?

Default back on super mico dosing again.

I tried my own version of this years ago thanks to Desmond. It really worked but 3 years ago I went off of it when I got a new girlfriend.

~9 months later crown came back and eventually got really bad so back in summer I decided I needed to get back on it or give up trying to fight it.

So on July 5 I took my first dose. 1mg split 4 ways. 1 quarter every 2 weeks.

I waited till November and honestly couldn't tell if it was working or not. I thought about waiting longer but went ahead and upped it to once a week

This amount seems to be working good enough that the balding has stopped.
    No more hair found in the bathroom like before. To early so say I have regrowth but I feel soft hair on crown and last time that was a sign.

Maybe this super low dose will help someone else...

Hi mpb47,

Are you currently taking 0.25mg per week?

I was on 0.5mg/day and got sides after 8 days, I actually got dry eyes and mouth and decided to stop (also had ball ache but nothing major). I was actually quite upset that I had I stop due to the dry eyes and mouth. My libido actually went down after I stopped, not sure if it was 100% Fin related as a lot of things were happening in my life at the time.

Thinking of giving it another try and micro dosing to see if I can ease my body into it. I think 0.5mg was just the same as taking 1mg which I could not tolerate. All the sides went away in about 11 days after stopping fin.

I personally think having 1mg everyday is way too much as a single does already binds and kills off your 5ar enzymes to a large degree, and the combination of consistent high dosage and slow regeneration of 5ar enzymes is not a good combination as I believe it fin also binds to other 5ar types i.e type 1 and 3, but just to a very small extent compared to type 2.

Default Thinking about micro dosing

Hi mpb47,

Are you currently taking 0.25mg per week?

I was on 0.5mg/day and got sides after 8 days, I actually got dry eyes and mouth and decided to stop (also had ball ache but nothing major). I was actually quite upset that I had I stop due to the dry eyes and mouth. My libido actually went down after I stopped, not sure if it was 100% Fin related as a lot of things were happening in my life at the time.

Thinking of giving it another try and micro dosing to see if I can ease my body into it. I think 0.5mg was just the same as taking 1mg which I could not tolerate. All the sides went away in about 11 days after stopping fin.

I personally think having 1mg everyday is way too much as a single does already binds and kills off your 5ar enzymes to a large degree, and the combination of consistent high dosage and slow regeneration of 5ar enzymes is not a good combination as I believe it fin also binds to other 5ar types i.e type 1 and 3, but just to a very small extent compared to type 2.