+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Natural Herbal Hair Remedy

Hi all,

I am new here and this is my first posting. Currently, 26, male. At age 23, I saw my receding hair line and dermatologist gave me Propecia. It was alright, used it for a year, and didn't see any gains, it probably just maintained what I had. The dermatologist said my hair is fine and that if I go bald by 30, then I should seek transplants.

Now, I am worrying a lot and someone told me about Neetas Herbal Ointment/Hair Tonic Cream, it's a herbal remedy, does anyone know if this is efficient and helps grow hair on parts like the frontal zone? Or does it just thicken the hairs we currently have?

Does anyone know of any other natural herbal remedy I can try out?

The only ones that have been aproved by the FDA are Propecia and Regain (minoxil), nizoral shampoo is also good when used with regain but aside from that I don't think these quack herbal remedies really look very promising. I would not waste my money on them, saying that taking vitamins is supposed to help but that hasnt been proven.

If Propecia was maintaining what you had and you didnt get any signs why'd you go off it? Why don;t you try it in conjuction with Minox and Nizoral. I hear these are known as "The Big Three" for hairloss.

Nizoral hasnt been FDA approved for hairloss but alot of people have have results with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    The only ones that have been aproved by the FDA are Propecia and Regain (minoxil), nizoral shampoo is also good when used with regain but aside from that I don't think these quack herbal remedies really look very promising. I would not waste my money on them, saying that taking vitamins is supposed to help but that hasnt been proven.

If Propecia was maintaining what you had and you didnt get any signs why'd you go off it? Why don;t you try it in conjuction with Minox and Nizoral. I hear these are known as "The Big Three" for hairloss.

Nizoral hasnt been FDA approved for hairloss but alot of people have have results with it.
    Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I stopped Propecia because of the side effects. I was reading an article where a man took it and he couldn't do it anymore! What's the point of losing hair and not being able to do it?

Although, I didn't face side effects, you still never know, the human body can change instantly.

Please tell me more about this nizoral shampoo. What ingredients does it have? Why do you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by FineHair View Post
    I stopped Propecia because of the side effects. I was reading an article where a man took it and he couldn't do it anymore!
    The internet fear mongering concerning Propecia and Minoxidil (The only proven medications for treating hair loss currently) are out of control and do not reflect the experiences of the majority of those who use them. If you are not willing or not able to use the proven medications for treating hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with the fact that you are going to lose your hair and move on with your life.

Whether you waste your money on these herbal remedy scams is entirely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The internet fear mongering concerning Propecia and Minoxidil (The only proven medications for treating hair loss currently) are out of control and do not reflect the experiences of the majority of those who use them. If you are not willing or not able to use the proven medications for treating hereditary hair loss, you need to come to terms with the fact that you are going to lose your hair and move on with your life.

Whether you waste your money on these herbal remedy scams is entirely up to you.

Do hair transplants stay for a lifetime? Is it recommended to get a hair transplant by the time I turn 30, that way the surgeon can work on it in one session rather than seeing me back years later (in case I lose hair in other parts).

Do hair transplants stay for a lifetime?
    Transplanted hair typically does last for the rest of your life. However, hair transplants do not prevent the rest of your hair from thinning and/or falling out. The hair around the transplants will continue be attacked and damaged by DHT.

Hair transplants are not a "final solution". Consult with a well qualified hair restoration doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Transplanted hair typically does last for the rest of your life. However, hair transplants do not prevent the rest of your hair from thinning and/or falling out. The hair around the transplants will continue be attacked and damaged by DHT.

Hair transplants are not a "final solution". Consult with a well qualified hair restoration doctor.
    So people with hair transplants most likely take propecia for the rest of ther lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post

Are you talking about Rogaine? Could not find anything called "minoxil" for hair.

Are you talking about Rogaine? Could not find anything called "minoxil" for hair.
    I am sure that was a typo and he meant Rogaine (Regaine in the UK). The active ingredient in Rogaine/Regaine is Minoxidil.

So does Minoxidil really work? Like I am not completely bald, just a receding hair loss and I would like to strengthen my entire head so my hair can thicken.

Also, in the future, if I do go bald, how much is like the maximum hair transplants would cost with like the top 2 surgeons in the world? Like $30,000? $10,000?