Closed Thread
Page 71 of 187 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast

Already reached out. The usual problem, research grade but not clinical grade. But they'll get back to me tomorrow about longer term supply.

Balding dermal papilla's secrete less of all growth factors than non-balding. They are also smaller and produce finer and shorter hairs, so this is expected. Supplementing them with IGF-1 is not supported by studies right now, only theorized. I would bet they put IGF-1 in histogen along with the other growth factors.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Exp Dermatol. 2014 Mar;23

Insulin-like growth factor-1: roles in androgenetic alopecia.
    Panchaprateep R1, Asawanonda P.
    Author information

Abstract
    Of all the cytokines or growth factors that have been postulated to play a role in hair follicle, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is known to be regulated by androgens. However, how IGF-1 is altered in the balding scalp has not yet been investigated. In this study, expressions of IGF-1 and its binding proteins by dermal papilla (DP) cells obtained from balding versus non-balding hair follicles were quantified using growth factor array. DP cells from balding scalp follicles were found to secrete significantly less IGF-1, IGFBP-2 and IGFBP-4 (P < 0.05) than their non-balding counterparts. Our data confirmed that the downregulation of IGF-1 may be one of the important mechanisms contributing to male pattern baldness.

© 2014 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    +1.

If you want to go one step further and qualify leads for us, here is what you can ask them:

"Hello, a University-affiliated company is seeking seeking FDA cGMP compliant clinical grade recombinant IGF-1 from microbial fermentation for research use. Do you manufacture this, and/or do you have a process developed to do so? If so, do you have a minimum order/batch size, what are the approximate startup costs, and what is your maximum capacity? Thank you!"

Most companies don't manufacture clinical grade, or aren't cGMP compliant. Other companies can manufacture, but they don't have a process developed. The ones with a process already developed are the most likely to be able to start producing most quickly (though not guaranteed).

If you find anything, certainly let us know and we will follow up! Really appreciate the help.

Devon
    Guys now is the time to take this and run with it. Let's try to provide Devon/follicept with whatever assistance they require. If you have any leads, contacts or hunches about any possible company which manufacture igf-1 please postel it here. Or take the initiative to ask them what devon has stated up top. let's get this ball rolling and see if we can provide any help.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhairNOlife View Post
    Guys now is the time to take this and run with it. Let's try to provide Devon/follicept with whatever assistance they require. If you have any leads, contacts or hunches about any possible company which manufacture igf-1 please postel it here. Or take the initiative to ask them what devon has stated up top. let's get this ball rolling and see if we can provide any help.
    So, is it REALLY feasible??

Is IGF-1 LR3 the one? And is "Pharmaceutical grade" acceptable or not?

Come on! A company can't find a supplier of igf1 and needs help from ignorant posters. That's weird and all those crazy posts in here.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    That would be a huge violation of FDA regulations. Plus, the rats were growing hair from the injections. Their systems work very differently (hence many peoples' skepticism) and it was the abundance of insulin that made them grow hair. If it were that easy, the hundreds of millions of people with diabetes in this world would be hairy. Likely, the amount of insulin we would have to deliver could kill them. Not a viable option.
    I didn't know that rats were growing hair from the injections. I thought that it was your gel/patch that made the difference and you can just translate that to humans with either insulin or IGF-1.
    Of course that injecting insulin doesn't grow hair, I just hoped that insulin+your gel might.

I understand it better now.
    Thank you for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS View Post
    Is IGF-1 LR3 the one? And is "Pharmaceutical grade" acceptable or not?
    I think LR3 might be usable, and pharmaceutical grade should be ok. Pretty sure that's the same as clinical. If you have something let me know and I'll have the science team confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    I didn't know that rats were growing hair from the injections. I thought that it was your gel/patch that made the difference and you can just translate that to humans with either insulin or IGF-1.
    Of course that injecting insulin doesn't grow hair, I just hoped that insulin+your gel might.

I understand it better now.
    Thank you for your answer.
    No problem!

Getting igf-1 for human use is extremely hard indeed, there are few drugs out in the market/experimental treatment which involve igf-1 for human and they are costantly out of supply/discontinued and we are talking about few hundreads of patients in the world, like kids with hormon deficency and sla, if we need that specific expensive hard to produce igf-1 (like increlex or iplex[for sla]) a mass production is nearly impossible, they have really hard time to supply few people....

What i'm doing is a reverse research, read every trial which involved igf-1 and try to find out the supplier (be careful, the igf used on rats is useless, you have to find out if they injected it on humans), it's really hard and when you succeed is usually the same 2-3 company that tried the experimntal stuff for very serious diseases, think about getting RU used here by some users for human use, yeah, good luck.....

Interesting enough the only products were i find some igf-1 like we wish to use (cosmetic) is the first link i found days ago (the pharmacy used by H&W for their topical fina) http://www.farmaciaparati.it/en/growth.html they use igf-1, i don't know where they get it...

Well i spent only 2-3 hours, and this evening i have no time, let's see if someone else find something interesting, i don't want to think the igf-1 we need is that one...