+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast

New video:

Dr Claire Higgins: Reprogramming Human DP Cells by Spheroid Culture Restores Hair Inductivity

From her presentation she showed this, a microscopic image of scalp skin:

Does anyone know how thick the epidermis, dermis and the dermal adipose tissue layers are for BALDING scalps? Is the dermal adipose tissue thinner in balding scalp? I ask in regards to fat grafting and similarly to what swooping is looking into with adipose derived cell injections.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    just seems like a commercial for his employer to me... every comment in every thread is an opportunity to talk about Dr. Cole
    Agreed. Always trying to link ACell to areas it is not relevant with far out theories lacking evidence.

Almost all these future products would be QUITE expensive. People went lucky wih Proscar because Propecia was REALLY expensive at first (10-13 years) and sill is expensive. So, even when some of these new products hit the market, a lot of people will keep taking finasteride/minoxidil.

The hair follicles grown in lab and implanted on the scalp or even injections for "sleeping" follicles to "wake up" will cost a lot of money, probably like today's HTs.

Maye in 40 years or so things will be different and body modifications will be cheap.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Agreed. Always trying to link ACell to areas it is not relevant with far out theories lacking evidence.
    ACell is a regenerative product that may have some new competition from AmnioFix. A slide from Claire Higgins video presentation above, represents a topic of her discussion:

"Potential use of papilla cells in regenerative medicine.

Hair follicle regeneration
    Treatment of androgenic alopecia
    Establishment of follicles in skin grafts
    Making a functional skin"

How is a product cleared by the FDA for sale as a regenerative medicine "ACell" not relevant?

Do you believe that the field of regenerative medicine is nothing more than a "far out theory"?

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    ACell is a regenerative product that may have some new competition from AmnioFix. A slide from Claire Higgins video presentation above, represents a topic of her discussion:

"Potential use of papilla cells in regenerative medicine.

Hair follicle regeneration
    Treatment of androgenic alopecia
    Establishment of follicles in skin grafts
    Making a functional skin"

How is a product cleared by the FDA for sale as a regenerative medicine "ACell" not relevant?

Do you believe that the field of regenerative medicine is nothing more than a "far out theory"?
    And thats the problem right there. 'Potential'. This sensationalist reporting is getting tiresome.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    And thats the problem right there. 'Potential'. This sensationalist reporting is getting tiresome.
    So the studies and research covered in this thread aren't about potential? What are they about then?

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    So the studies and research covered in this thread aren't about potential? What are they about then?

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Acell is not what we're talking about here, stop playing coy, you know that very well. If you were only mentioning Acell and Dr. Cole every once in a while we might even give you credit, but every thread and topic here is a chance for you to create some kind of tangent and talk about your office. I don't think it really works for you.

New video:

Dr Claire Higgins: Reprogramming Human DP Cells by Spheroid Culture Restores Hair Inductivity

From her presentation she showed this, a microscopic image of scalp skin:

Does anyone know how thick the epidermis, dermis and the dermal adipose tissue layers are for BALDING scalps? Is the dermal adipose tissue thinner in balding scalp? I ask in regards to fat grafting and similarly to what swooping is looking into with adipose derived cell injections.
    the video shows once more that DP spheroids alone are capable of inducing de novo hair follicle formation. the contact to the surrounding cells is established, if everything goes well, somehow automatically, and nerves, sebaceuos gland etc. is formed as well. but the problem is that the cells have not retained their full inductivity and gene expression, therefore the results are very limited so far. so with different tricks the researchers are trying to enhance this, e.g. by coating with epithelial cells like Dr. Gardner said.

if the DP cells would have their full inductive capability and gene expression within this spheroid, it wouldn't be necessary to do those culturing tricks, right? so a perfect DP spheroid (without coating with other cells) alone would induce a new follicle... in most cases at least. or let's be pessimistic instead and say only 1 of 5 from such perfect DP spheroids would form a follicle.

so am i the only one who thinks that an unlimited amount of perfect DP cells (full inductivity and full gene expression) is THE cure? even if only 1 of 5 spheroids induces a new follicle you could repeat the treatment anytime.

why do i summarize it this way?
    we already know that isolated and expanded cells in a dish lose all those required properties.
    but we also know that there's another way to create brand new DP cells (hopefully fully inductive and full gene expression). i'm talking about creating DP cells from iPS cells (pluripotent stemcells), which is actually the approach from Dr. Xu.
    if he manages to create those cells, then we have an unlimited amount of DP cells.
    in theory, this freshly converted cells should be fully inductive and have 100% gene expression, because this conversion is the natural way how human body's form out of an embryo. that's the reason why all this regenerative stem cell science is fascinating the whole world. it's the key to so many biological problems and diseases.

so i just realized today that the iPS cell approach is probably a big deal.
    and also i think that this way (letting DP spheroids induce complete follicles from scratch) will result in relative natural growth angles. i just can't imagine that the angles will be completely different, so that it's cosmetically total bullshit. i assume there is something that guides the angle of the induced hair (let it be the skin structure, or the structure of the nerves, or whatever).

what do you think, guys? (desmond, am i right with my conclusion?)

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    if the DP cells would have their full inductive capability and gene expression within this spheroid, it wouldn't be necessary to do those culturing tricks, right? so a perfect DP spheroid (without coating with other cells) alone would induce a new follicle... in most cases at least. or let's be pessimistic instead and say only 1 of 5 from such perfect DP spheroids would form a follicle.

so am i the only one who thinks that an unlimited amount of perfect DP cells (full inductivity and full gene expression) is THE cure? even if only 1 of 5 spheroids induces a new follicle you could repeat the treatment anytime.
    Screw that. Just culure and inject MORE DP cells to make up for the lost ones. Case closed, cure found.

Why the hell are we still on this forum and not conducting trials?

Screw that. Just culure and inject MORE DP cells to make up for the lost ones. Case closed, cure found.

Why the hell are we still on this forum and not conducting trials?
    Not conducting trials... in Asia