+ Reply to Thread

Default serious shock loss after HT--how long?

for all of you who look at these, you can tell there has been quite a bit of shock loss to the existing hairs as my ability to "cover" it up has become, well very difficult to say the least. I would say impossible at this juncture.

I would take the new, transplanted hairs' growth as a bit of solace as it continues to seemingly grow strong, but I know this will be short lived. It seems to me that this is going to end up looking as though I am 50 years old within the next 2 months. scary to me, but I'm not sure if i'm wrong on this.

if i can even keep 25% of these newly growing suckers, that will be enough to stave off the look of near complete baldness on the top of my head.

Add to this the fear of what its going to look like when I start minox and propecia. seems like this road may get a bit darker before it gets brighter.

Can anyone give me their experiences?

Pictures would help. Shock loss can return within a few months, but if your hair was long it will take many months to return to it’s original length and coverage. Were you informed about the shock loss before you had your transplant?

yes, but i was told it would quite likely be very light... have you seen the pictures on my profile?

Well, it doesn't seem like the shock loss is too bad. You still have some coverage. You should post the pictures in the thread. I didn’t think of looking in your profile.

Default recover?

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    for all of you who look at these, you can tell there has been quite a bit of shock loss to the existing hairs as my ability to "cover" it up has become, well very difficult to say the least. I would say impossible at this juncture.

I would take the new, transplanted hairs' growth as a bit of solace as it continues to seemingly grow strong, but I know this will be short lived. It seems to me that this is going to end up looking as though I am 50 years old within the next 2 months. scary to me, but I'm not sure if i'm wrong on this.

if i can even keep 25% of these newly growing suckers, that will be enough to stave off the look of near complete baldness on the top of my head.

Add to this the fear of what its going to look like when I start minox and propecia. seems like this road may get a bit darker before it gets brighter.

Can anyone give me their experiences?
    Fuzzy,

I am experiencing terrible shock loss 3.5 months out. Really having a hard time. Did your shock loss recover? If so how long? Would be great to hear from you as I am having a rough time!