Closed Thread
Page 58 of 187 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    It's easy to get funding. Just take extremely good before and after video / pictures and if it can be proven to work, make a first batch and go on kickstarter and start selling or just asking for contributions.

In my opinion, success or fail at least it's another gain of knowledge in what works and what doesn't. MPB is a finite puzzle is it not?

Anyway I don't think Follicept is intending to scam us because... well I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't destroy my reputation for a few thousand bucks....even tens of thousands. cheers
    This. If the trials are successful and go as planned getting funded would be the least of their worries. They could even release an early small batch to the community so we can test it ourselves and have us vouch for it.

Right now its a waiting game.

Their supplier seems to be slacking at the moment and I just wish they would hurry up and do what they're supposed to.

Hmmmm, surely there must be other options

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Emailed the CEO today of the company who makes the IGF-1. If I don't get a response soon, I will ask you all to rain hell on all of them with (friendly and positive but persuasive) emails and calls. Not quite there yet. Hang tight.
    Dude they are not professional, they should respond in minutes not weeks, if you want help i think the community can find a list of professional supplier in one day

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    It's easy to get funding. Just take extremely good before and after video / pictures and if it can be proven to work, make a first batch and go on kickstarter and start selling or just asking for contributions.

In my opinion, success or fail at least it's another gain of knowledge in what works and what doesn't. MPB is a finite puzzle is it not?

Anyway I don't think Follicept is intending to scam us because... well I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't destroy my reputation for a few thousand bucks....even tens of thousands. cheers
    There's a lot you don't know about raising capital. Most crowdfunding sites don't allow medical devices or treatments. Last I checked, Kickstarter doesn't. Besides, Follicept is probably looking for investors, not crowdfunders, at this stage. And investing and crowdfunding are two very different things.

Besides, doesn't this thread tell you something about the irrationality, hubris and maliciousness of the MPB community a bit? Plus, MPB isn't the market you all seem to think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    Dude they are not professional, they should respond in minutes not weeks, if you want help i think the community can find a list of professional supplier in one day
    Based on your experience working in the medical industry? They are looking for scalable producers; this isn't something you can settle on in just a few days. Get a grip folks.

Hi Devon,

Just 2 questions, apols if you already answered before:

-assuming it all goes to plan, when would this product be available for those in the EU ?

-have you discussed this product at all with Spencer Kobren? There will be many who will be less sceptic if he vouches for this product (or at least your sincerity).

Cheers.

p.s. +1 for coming on the forums like you do. It's rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    Based on your experience working in the medical industry? They are looking for scalable producers; this isn't something you can settle on in just a few days. Get a grip folks.
    I don't need experience in medical industry to see they are unprofessional and not a reliable supplier if they don't call back or answer their client for weeks, if i need the active ingr. i would contact this company or a similar big one, and start the trials, i think the priority is to know if the product works or not

Devon, I never questioned your integrity by the way. I do think you are a honest person. To me you are just a dreamer though that's all. If you have a business degree or are entrepreneurial grounded you should know best of all that results count in the real world not loose talking. You can expect to be ridiculed upon in the until you prove yourself. Your time to prove it now, simple as that.

Now a valid question;

How are you going to cope with the stability of IGF-1? Mecasermin (INCRELEX) is also IGF-1 produced by recombinant DNA technology from e.coli (most likely same thing as you guys will be getting) but must be refrigerated upon and after opening the vials it isn't stable for too long (oxidation etc). I quote;

Before Opening - Vials of INCRELEX™ are stable when refrigerated [2º to 8ºC (35º to 46ºF)]. Avoid freezing the vials of INCRELEX™. Protect from direct light. Expiration dates are stated on the labels.

After Opening – Vials of INCRELEX™ are stable for 30 days after initial vial entry when stored at 2º to 8ºC (35º to 46ºF). Avoid freezing the vials of INCRELEX™. Protect from direct light.

Vial contents should be clear without particulate matter. If the solution is cloudy or contains particulate matter, the contents must not be injected. INCRELEX™ should not be used after its expiration date. Keep refrigerated and use within 30 days of initial vial entry. Remaining unused material should be discarded.

Store unopened and opened vials in refrigerator (36° to 46°F). Protect from freezing and direct light. Discard any unused solution remaining after 30 days following initial vial entry.
    Mind you that this is a sterile solution with a preservative and specially packed. Please elaborate how you guys are going to cope with this and if you guys are going to do stability tests. Repeated opening with no refrigeration is going to be possibly highly detrimental to the stability of IGF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    All producers are "scalable". How do you think they make their money, selling small aliquots of product? No, they're in the business of mass production. Finding a supplier is going to be one of the easiest steps they have to go through in the entire process. If it causes them a great deal of difficulty then it doesn't bode well for them bringing this to market, IF it works.

Furthermore, at this point they don't have to worry about being scalable. They first need to worry about having a product that actually grows hair and doesn't have negative cosmetic effects. They don't need a huge supply to conduct a small human trial. So, lets go! Put that stuff on your head and start shooting high def video and lets see what happens. If you demonstrate growth, then it's time to start worrying about scaling up. Until then, you're just putting the cart before the horse. There is no reason follicept shouldn't be able to start putting this on his head in a very short amount of time. Certainly they have product in their lab. And I'm looking through a Sigma catalog right now and IGF is available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post
    All producers are "scalable". How do you think they make their money, selling small aliquots of product? No, they're in the business of mass production. Finding a supplier is going to be one of the easiest steps they have to go through in the entire process. If it causes them a great deal of difficulty then it doesn't bode well for them bringing this to market, IF it works.

Furthermore, at this point they don't have to worry about being scalable. They first need to worry about having a product that actually grows hair and doesn't have negative cosmetic effects. They don't need a huge supply to conduct a small human trial. So, lets go! Put that stuff on your head and start shooting high def video and lets see what happens. If you demonstrate growth, then it's time to start worrying about scaling up. Until then, you're just putting the cart before the horse. There is no reason follicept shouldn't be able to start putting this on his head in a very short amount of time. Certainly they have product in their lab. And I'm looking through a Sigma catalog right now and IGF is available for purchase.

Not true. Finding a partner is not that easy.

Ideally, they would find their long-term partner right now, and use him for the trial run. However, I would urge devon just to find ANY igf-1, do the tests, and then look for a long-term partner who can scale.

Good trials results will get you guys (follicept) funding, and will also convince mfg partners to devout more time and resources to your igf-1 needs-- rather than trying to strike a long-term partnership before you know if you have anything (ie viable human results). From the partner mfg perspective, they may devout time and money to working with you (devon), without knowing if you (follicept) will end up scaling.

Much easier to get your "ammo" together (ie. trial results), then look for partners and funding.

Couldn't a lab at University provide it? At least enough to do a trial? I think you guys just need to get these trials done ASAP. That proof of concept is going to make your life much better, and give significantly more leverage in negotiations with outside parties (whether its funders or partners).

Quote Originally Posted by RGPHILPA View Post

My god, I don't know how Devon is able to handle responding to more than two or three follow ups. First, not all producers are "scalable". Many, in fact, are not. Second, finding a producer is extremely difficult - you need a company that can offer competitive pricing at scale. These are for profit businesses, not researchers.

And at this point, THEY DO have to worry about scaling. They are trying to go to market in the next few months and it would be disastrous to not be prepared to sell at scale. They aren't trying to be a boutique offering.