• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 35YrsAfter
    Doctor Representative
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dan26
    ^^i see what ur sayin brothah

BUT, the reality is WOMAN are brutally realistic and they really really really do care about things like security and lifestyle..so yes that will attract woman and they will see you more as a long term partner.
    Here is an old classic (about 20 minutes) that illustrates two male personality types and a brutal female. The boss is the hard driving successful leader and the younger man brought career misery upon himself to please his demanding wife.

Chuck

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

Lol I've seen this!

Twilight zone is one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time

next stop willoughby!!!!!

Comment

• moore
        • Jun 2012

Sorry if this is not the most appropriate thread.

Peter Ormerod: Scientists may be making great strides in baldness reversal, but I've had enough of the whole 'hair equals confidence' con

Guys like this one are so in denial.
        This is one of the reasons why a cure is not more actively researched.
        It just adds more sadness to the sadness of being robbed of one's hair.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by moore
          Sorry if this is not the most appropriate thread.

Peter Ormerod: Scientists may be making great strides in baldness reversal, but I've had enough of the whole 'hair equals confidence' con

Guys like this one are so in denial.
          This is one of the reasons why a cure is not more actively researched.
          It just adds more sadness to the sadness of being robbed of one's hair.

Shame you think he is in denial just because he has finally accepted it dont mean he is in denial *sigh*

Comment

• moore
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DannyBoyy7
            Shame you think he is in denial just because he has finally accepted it dont mean he is in denial *sigh*
            Maybe you're right.
            But I still think that he would definitely use an effective cure, if there was one. As we all would.
            So, accepting baldness just because you have no choice is denial to me.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
              • Sep 2012

Maybe you're right.
              But I still think that he would definitely use an effective cure, if there was one. As we all would.
              So, accepting baldness just because you have no choice is denial to me.

I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.

Comment

• moore
                • Jun 2012

I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.
                I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
                  • Sep 2012

I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.

That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.

Comment

• Exodus
                    • Nov 2012

That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.
                    Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.

Comment

• DannyBoyy7
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
                      Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.

I probably be NW7 by the time im 24 lol sometimes you just gotta laugh at these sort of things (looks like you already started so good on you)...nothing worse then worrying as we all know.

Comment

• Stevedawg18
                        • Jun 2016

I think in some cases with more women in positions of power a mans looks can make a difference. It also depends if your job is people facing, if you just code on computers all day I'm not sure how much it matters.

Comment

Working...