+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

James98

It would be very GOOD to hear back from you.
    Especially after you had read and possibly considered the good advice given to you.

Dear
    You will need hair transplant to get back your confidence and believe me it affect your life in negative way if you like your appearance as some men do not. I lost my hair and then I did transplant and now feel better and back on track. I do not know in which age it is good to do it but you need to consult with Doctor, who has reputation and the number of patient and also the process and his knowledge tells you that it is the right person to do my hair transplant. check out your local Doctors and be careful do not trust even to pictures and videos , if you travel to another countries before than gain repetition of the country Doctors and see what is the number of patients goes there also which Doctors have good feed-backs, for example Israel has very good eye surgeons. Good luck

Artista and BaldingEagle,
    I don't know what to say to you guys. You guys are like family to me. Thank you brothers!! Thank you for your advice. Hair loss is something someone might deal with mentally but whenever you go out and if other people find out (which they will) you will be made fun of. In my school/locality/everywhere else no one else has hair loss at my age.. no one to stand with me, me and me only....

I can consider buying minoxidil foam and nizoral shampoo, but only if they are available online since I already mentioned that I belong to a small town. Also, I don't really think there is any dermatologist in my town, is it ok if I start using them right away?
    My father earns like $1000 per month, so buying expensive things is not really a choice for me.. but I can still spend a few it is assures me.. I don't really think there is any dermatologist and if I don't visit, I might saw a few...
    so do you guys have any link for: minoxidil foam, nizoral shampoo and biotin? Where cna i find them online?? And is it okay if do not go to a doctor?

Aligem: Man, I respect your opinion but I am not financially strong. I've barely been out of my town. Leaving the country for a hair transplant is out of my hand, and yes it does bring confidence, I concur, but not a choice for me to go to another country. My dad earns like $1000 as I said before...

cheers guys, sorry for the late reply i was not getting a chance to write..

Quote Originally Posted by Aligem View Post
    Dear
    You will need hair transplant to get back your confidence and believe me it affect your life in negative way if you like your appearance as some men do not. I lost my hair and then I did transplant and now feel better and back on track. I do not know in which age it is good to do it but you need to consult with Doctor, who has reputation and the number of patient and also the process and his knowledge tells you that it is the right person to do my hair transplant. check out your local Doctors and be careful do not trust even to pictures and videos , if you travel to another countries before than gain repetition of the country Doctors and see what is the number of patients goes there also which Doctors have good feed-backs, for example Israel has very good eye surgeons. Good luck
    Wow that was some really bad advice for a teenager who just started to struggle with his hair loss.

James, I would still recommend to go to a doctor (dermatologist if possible) so that he can take a closer look at the causes. Minoxidil and Biotin could be taken without consulting with your doctor first. Nizoral shampoo is rather something for those who really suffer from male pattern baldness. In your case it is not so clear to me if you suffer from male pattern baldness so better to check that up with your doctor.

Artista, Balding Eagle? What you guys think please..

Quote Originally Posted by Aligem View Post
    Dear
    James, DO NOT listen to this dude. This is horrible, reckless advice and this guy is a complete A#SHOLE.

Minoxidil and nizoral are safe enough to start alone. They're over the counter.

Stick with those and at 18 look into finasteride or perhaps a new treatment will be out, probably setipriprant.

Absolutely do not even think about a transplant! No ethical doctor would work on you with that much hair left and being so young.

When you start minoxidil foam you will lose some hair for the first 1-3 months. DO NOT STOP. Those hairs will come back thicker.

Your loss is recent so it's possible minoxidil and nizoral give you quite a lot of hair back.

Stay positive man, you caught this early enough to be okay.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Hello James98 !!!
    First of all, how have you been doing recently brother?!?
    You must always stay positive.
    When you get a bit older, more than likely, you will look back on your life and realize that worry and stress was not necessary.
    That applies to every young guy out here.
    (young women too)
    So what is your update James98?

I have not been on the forum much recently... I've been so busy.

hey bro! I just wanted to ask whether I could start using the minoxidl and nizoral shampoo alongwith biotin without consulting to any dermatologist as I am sure there will not be any as I belong to a small town. Can I start using them right away? Can I buy this from any online store? I can't probably find it in my town ..

Quote Originally Posted by James98 View Post
    hey bro! I just wanted to ask whether I could start using the minoxidl and nizoral shampoo alongwith biotin without consulting to any dermatologist as I am sure there will not be any as I belong to a small town. Can I start using them right away? Can I buy this from any online store? I can't probably find it in my town ..
    Yes you can start without a dermatologist. Those aren't prescriptions. It's over the counter like Advil or Tylenol.