The MOST important fact to remember!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Yes 25, it's true. There is supposed to be one accredited surgeon not too far from me, but I've seen his photos and I've not seen anything as impressive as Dr Rahal and Feller's handiwork.

I suppose it might be something to do with our NHS and the lack of people willing to pay much money when it comes to health, and vanity especially.

Comment

• adam2525
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
      it seems like there should be at least a handful of reputable UK surgeons?
      There's only one. Dr Farjo.

I'm also in the UK, and I've been looking at surgeons in the US and Belguim.
      Just by looking at videos and photos, Dr Farjo is good, but I believe that surgeons such as Dr Feller, Dr Shapiro, in the US and Dr Feriduni and Dr Bisanga in Belguim are better.

Comment

• chrisis
        • Feb 2012

I'm also in the UK adam.

I haven't seen much work by the doctors in Belgium, but that trip would be a lot easier for me... What has led you to consider those docs?

So far my wish list is Rahal or Feller!

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

I too cut out a bald area on paper and cut a strip and it covered about a quarter. Basically for total top head baldness you need your strip divided by about 5.

So your hair on top will be 5x thinner than it is on the side.

Comment

• adam2525
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by chrisis
            I'm also in the UK adam.

I haven't seen much work by the doctors in Belgium, but that trip would be a lot easier for me... What has led you to consider those docs?

So far my wish list is Rahal or Feller!
            I found out about the doctors from Belguim on this forum. Dr. Feriduni is acknowledged as one of the best FUE surgeons, he is also pretty handy with FUT. He is also a IAHRS member.

Dr. Bisanga, though not a IAHRS member also has an outstanding reputation. I believe he is not a member of IAHRS through his choice. He doesn't seem to join many organizations. So he is probably the only surgeon who isn't a member of IAHRS i would have no hesitation in using.

Its worth googling them both and checking them out. Below are their websites to get you started.
            Bijan Feriduni
            BHR Clinic - Dr. Bisanga

For such a small country Belguim is a hotbed of HT surgeons. I think they are as good as the top US surgeons.

Regarding your choice of Dr's Feller and Rahal. Both great choices. I'm seeing Dr. Feller when he is over here in the UK in May. If I was going to consider Canada I would also add Hasson & Wong to my list as well as Dr. Rahal.

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Thanks for the info!

I'm also seeing Dr Feller in May! Might see you there haha would actually be cool to meet some other guys and share thoughts.

I'm counting the days down to May. Can't wait to get this done and get on with my life.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                • May 2011

Think Spencer was saying he might well accept Dr. Bisanga if he applies a few weeks back on the show. Stephen's restoration is crazy good.

Comment

• ejj
                  • Dec 2010

yeah and no scar !

ej

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by ejj
                    yeah and no scar !

ej
                    Can't wait to see Still Researching's result with Dr. Feriduni too. He has a ridiculous number in his donor by FUE should he ever need them.

Comment

• nh 610 a
                      • Feb 2012

So is it fair to say that it is better for some to start balding in the frontal zone and hairline
                      Than it is in the crown.

That way you can give the appearance of fullness in the hairline when you look at somebody in profile by using more grafts up front so to speak .

Comment

• ejj
                        • Dec 2010

I would plan for balding in both areas , thats why I would hit the frontal area the egg shape first and see how it goes ,growth ,healing, on the diagramme this is zone 2 and 3 , you can build on this later , donor and finances permitting, and it takes away the traditional balding look

regards

ejj

Comment

• topcat
                          • May 2009

My opinion is that it is best you go with a age appropriate hairline that is completely natural looking with concentration on some density right behind it in the next 1 or 2 zones to avoid the see through effect and then let it thin to the crown. That is the most sensible way to use the grafts regardless of which procedure you prefer.

I don’t like to cheerlead much and personally I know only a handful of people that are actually really good at what they do are honest and ethical and that I could recommend with a clear conscience. Unfortunately this is very hard to find in a world that is so greedy and corrupt. But I will say without a doubt that Dr. Bisanga is the absolute best in the world at what he does. He is totally 100% complete along with the clinic. Not only does he have the skill and the natural artistic talent but he has the human qualities required to be a doctor. A very soft spoken man with a tremendous amount of patience.

The fact is not everybody needs to be on a list and it’s better to do your own thinking sometimes. Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso, Botticelli these types of talents only come around every so often in life and they don’t need to be on any list, their name says it all.

I suggest those actually considering a procedure to actually meet this man and see his work in person. Then compare it to everything else you see.

Don't believe me or anyone else but find out for yourself.

Sometimes a person just gets tired of incompetency and dishonesty and I have plenty of stories to tell as I’m sure many others can do the same regardless of which specific industry we are speaking about and it is evident in our attitudes. But when someone comes around that does not fit that mold we do have a moral duty to tell others in hopes of bringing some balance back to the world.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Thanks topcat. I'm not familiar with Bisanga's work, but it's responsible and good of you to recommend researching it first-hand instead of taking your word for it.

The fact is that the hair loss industry is disgraceful, besides a handful of effective products and skillful doctors. Most hair transplant businesses are mediocre at best... many are pure butcher shops.
                            It still horrifies me to think that the majority of hair restoration surgeries ever performed have been nothing short of head mutilations (punch grafts, Brandy lifts, scalp reductions, hair flaps, etc.)
                            The best we can do is help guide each other in the right directions, through forums like these, and of course in the end we all need to do our own due diligence. If only the internet was around before Orentreich!

Sorry, I guess I felt like ranting.

Comment

• gillenator
                              • Dec 2008

topcat,

I agree that Dr. Bisanga is one of multiple choices in getting a talented and ethical HT surgeon. But he is one of many IMHO.

You appear to be cheerleading for him because "you only mention him" and no others.

Why is that?

It's just that I always get very suspect of someone who mentions one doctor and presents him as the only right choice?

Now I happen to know Bisanga as we even used to work togethor, but again why only mention him as the one to go to?

Arte you planning a procedure with him yourself?
                              "Gillenator"
                              Independent Patient Advocate
                              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• chrisis
                                • Feb 2012

gillenator, how come you used to work with Dr. Bisanga? Are you a surgeon yourself or supporting staff?

Curious who you would list amongst your top surgeons?

I'm in the UK, so location is a factor, as is affordability.

Thanks for any info!

Comment

Working...