Can they look real?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tazz
    • Apr 2010

By the way I just wanted to mention that I really hate these Toplace guys...

They banned me from their forums one time based on an error (said they were trying to ban someone else), and then the second time they banned me because they assumed I was a "competitor posing as a curious customer" - I tried to figure out what in the hell they were talking about (considering I merely had 5 posts on their forum) and I noticed it was because this one sentence I had where it read (something along the lines of) "thanks again for the advice, heard lots of great things, just curious how your pieces compared to coolpiece"

Talk about an inferiority complex there Toplace...nonetheless I did want to say that almost everyone has said good things about their products and it's quality, just don't think the higher-ups are prone to comparing themselves to the competition.

Comment

• Toplace
      • Sep 2009

Tazz,
      I'm really sorry to hear that. The issue is not the mention of a competitor. It's something else that I prefer not to discuss on a forum. We just need to make sure of your identity. If you call me on the toll free number (888-986-7522) I'm sure we'll be able to get things straightened out.
      Regards,
      John

Comment

• krauss
        • Apr 2010

New to all this

Hi guys...

I'm very new here and thinking of different options, HT's, now i am reading about "pieces." I am real active with sports and i dont know if i would be totally cool (no pun intended!) with a piece. Im just trying to look into all avenues...

Originally posted by BaldBob
        Amadeus: I'm an old fart - I'm 56. I started wearing many, many years ago when hairpieces were heavy, uncomfortable, way too dense and not very realistic. I gave up after a few months and tried again about 15 years ago. Same story - they really hadn't changed. BUT...

The pieces available now are amazingly realistic. I don't display my pics for personal reasons, but you can achieve almost any look you want without anyone being suspicious at all.

I notice you've been a member here for a year. I'm guessing you have been going back and forth for that long trying to decide whether or not to order a hair system. I think it's time for you to give it a try...even if your first piece isn't perfect, you'll know whether wearing hair is right for you or not.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
          • Dec 2008

How bald are you? If you’re not too bad Propecia might be the way to go.

Comment

• Gusto
            • Apr 2010

I've been looking around. I might get myself a hair system shortly.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
              • Mar 2010

Surely it gets to the point though where when everyone knows you're bald, there's no point having a realistic looking hair system because everyone knows it's fake?

Comment

• Gusto
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Fixed by 35
                Surely it gets to the point though where when everyone knows you're bald, there's no point having a realistic looking hair system because everyone knows it's fake?
                I've worn a hat for 10 years. Nobody I know now knows I am bald, but no doubt they have suspected.

I also used to do a lot of TV extra work, which is something I'd like to return to, IF I can get a hair system that looks moderately okay.

Comment

• Fixed by 35
                  • Mar 2010

I don't think there should be any shame in actors wearing wigs, yet there is. What I've noticed is that actors are allowed to wear wigs to portray characters, but only if they have their own hair underneath (with the exception of period dramas).

Bald men, inexplicably, only seem to be allowed to perform bald roles (generally, action roles, side kicks to bad guys, or the comic relief).

Why they're not allowed to don a wig to extend their range I do not know.

Comment

• Gusto
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Fixed by 35
                    I don't think there should be any shame in actors wearing wigs, yet there is. What I've noticed is that actors are allowed to wear wigs to portray characters, but only if they have their own hair underneath (with the exception of period dramas).

Bald men, inexplicably, only seem to be allowed to perform bald roles (generally, action roles, side kicks to bad guys, or the comic relief).

Why they're not allowed to don a wig to extend their range I do not know.

In the past when I did TV extra work, I often wore a wig. Partly to make myself look different, but it also gave me a good excuse to turn up on set with hair.

Comment

• CIT_Girl
                      • Mar 2010

We've had a number of patients show up for consults with hairpieces and I generally have no clue until they mention it. I've heard complaints about how you become a slave to your hairpiece, as well as men who have experienced constant low-level anxiety at the fear of being 'discovered'. However, I believe that the best ones can truly be undetectable, can restore confidence and are a great option for men who are poor candidates for hair transplantation or just don't want to go the surgical route.

Comment

• krauss
                        • Apr 2010

norwood 5

Originally posted by J_B_Davis
                        How bald are you? If you’re not too bad Propecia might be the way to go.
                        im about a norwood 5. right now i just shave everything off, much less noticable but ut still bothers me.

Comment

Working...