Spencer Kobren Speak With Dr. Coen Gho - Is Hair Stem Cell Transplantation(HST) The

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisdav
    • Oct 2011

I have always been skeptical about this, even though I am interested and I sincerely hope it is a success.

But I must admit, I find it very strange that someone can claim to have 5000happy patients, but yet has not produced any formal proof to back up this claim.

If the clinic had put out hundreds of before and afters of high documentation with clear pictures & videos of the progress like some of the leading clinics do,it would remove a lot of the questions we have been asking for a while. I have not really been impressed with any of the results I have seen, but this maybe due to his conservative approach.

I think the hypothetical 13000 grafts in the hands of one of the leading surgeons would definitely aid results significantly. But for a surgeon who states he is conservative, and my added opinion that he is not as technically gifted as a large number of surgeons at creating the illusion of density by strategically placing the grafts, it will leave patients unhappy.

The USP is the regeneration of donor supply. Without that, it is just an average clinic.

Comment

• The Alchemist
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
      I don't act like a conceited jerk. I don't even think like a conceited jerk.
      You're pathetic.

Comment

• didi
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by chrisdav
        I have always been skeptical about this, even though I am interested and I sincerely hope it is a success.

But I must admit, I find it very strange that someone can claim to have 5000happy patients, but yet has not produced any formal proof to back up this claim.

If the clinic had put out hundreds of before and afters of high documentation with clear pictures & videos of the progress like some of the leading clinics do,it would remove a lot of the questions we have been asking for a while. I have not really been impressed with any of the results I have seen, but this maybe due to his conservative approach.

I think the hypothetical 13000 grafts in the hands of one of the leading surgeons would definitely aid results significantly. But for a surgeon who states he is conservative, and my added opinion that he is not as technically gifted as a large number of surgeons at creating the illusion of density by strategically placing the grafts, it will leave patients unhappy.

The USP is the regeneration of donor supply. Without that, it is just an average clinic.

I m guessing there would be guys out there who had 9,10,11k grafts done by hasci

when you think 5 000 patients is a big number and only a few came on forum to share their results.

why Gho thinks photos are not important?

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Artista

I am having a hard time understanding is the first of his 4 reasons that this method is not being brought to the USA.

To paraphrase ,
          Dr Gho said that 'some materials and instruments have a special (?) medium that cant be used in USA'

I could not understand what the (?) word was.
          Further more whatever it is, why would it not be allowed by the FDA?
          This is actually easy to explain – because between Dr. Gho’s “fertilizer solution” and for example Histogen’s “Hair Stimulating Complex” or any other NEW and unknown “solution” on the medical market, there is basically no difference from the FDA’s point of view and their regulations.

In detail …
          For example, one (and just ONE!!) of Dr. Gho’s main components/ingredients for his “miracle storage solution” (aka fertilizer) is human serum albumin (HSA).
          HSA is (in general) widely used in clinical and cell culture applications all over the world. But simply “HSA” as such doesn’t exist – at least not for any health authorities like the FDA. That means, if someone is talking about “human serum albumin”, for clinical applications it always depends on WHO, in fact, is the approved producer/manufacture of "HSA"…

Human serum albumin is basically a sterile, liquid preparation of albumin, derived from large pools of human plasma. All units of this human plasma used in the manufacture of human albumin by any pharma company, MUST be provided by FDA-approved blood establishments only. For the manufacture of “HSA”, the latter is priority #1 – the usage of human plasma from FDA-approved blood establishments only. But this is still not enough for the FDA …
          The final product of “HSA” produced by such a manufacture/pharma company must be approved by health authorities, like the FDA, IN ADDITION!

For example...

In this case, the manufacture of “HSA” is a pharma company in Austria – they got approval for their "HSA" product from the American FDA. But this doesn’t mean that they got approval for their product not even in Austria (I don’t know). So I think you guys understand now how complicated all this is – just due to 1 component/ingredient of a final product.
          But what exactly is the “final product” where one of its components is e.g. HSA?
          How about all the other components? Are they also already FDA cleared?
          How about the “final product” as such? Is it safe?

Fictitious example:

1 component of a final product is WATER;
          1 component of a final product is CEMENT;

If you mix these two components – what will be the final product? Is it possible that the MIXTURE of these 2 components (= final product) can harm more than just water or cement alone? You will know it if you drive with 100 mph’s against it …

Anyway, concerning Dr. Gho’s fertilizer solution, the FDA doesn’t have all the answers to all mentioned questions in this post. The same counts for evey other new or unknown "solution" or "complex" on the market.

Comment

• ccmethinning
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
            And also, Spencer confirmed what I suspected to be true with Gho's method: that after you pluck a follicle, the follicle that supposedly regenerates in its place is a degraded version of the original follicle.
            Nothing like this was confirmed.

It's funny how people on both sides only heard what they wanted to hear with this interview.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by 534623

In detail …
              For example, one (and just ONE!!) of Dr. Gho’s main components/ingredients for his “miracle storage solution” (aka fertilizer) is human serum albumin (HSA).
              btw - here are the MAIN components of Dr. Gho's fertilizer solution:

The medium is composed of the following ingredients:

- sodium chloride,
              - potassium chloride,
              - magnesium sulphate,
              - sodium phosphate,
              - calcium chloride,
              - glucose,
              - sodium bicarbonate,
              - sodium lactate,
              - sodium pyruvate,
              - human serum albumin,
              - insulin,
              - bis(maltolato)oxovanadium (BMOV)
              - and a-tocopherol (vitamin E)

Again, all these component are just the MAIN components.
              That means, that there are also other components involved.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by ccmethinning

It's funny how people on both sides only heard what they wanted to hear with this interview.
                Could you PLEASE post - word-for word - what exactly Dr. Gho, in fact, said concerning this issue? THANKS in advance!

Comment

• Oct 2011

Could you PLEASE post - word-for word - what exactly Dr. Gho, in fact, said concerning this issue? THANKS in advance!
                  This part/question starts around 07:40 in the video ...

Comment

• JJJJrS
                    • Apr 2012

On re-using the same follicle:

"We tried, we tried to have the same follicle for the consecutive treatment, of course. And what we discovered is, for the first time it is no problem. But the second time, of course, the hair follicle is already a little modified. So you can actually, you can use the same follicle again and we have succeeded in that two, twice, three times. But of course, the hair root itself, it's already a little bit modified, so you have to be very careful, if you have sufficient tissue to extract, to regenerate somewhere else the same type and characteristic hair."

On density:

"...we are not able to copy mother nature. The density which mother nature gave us is very, very high. Look at the donor area. We cannot place the grafts that close to each other. So, the maximum density you can achieve is around 50 to 60, sometimes 70, depending on the, of course, on the type of hair that you have."

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                      You're pathetic.
                      Imagine being married to her, god, she will boss you around.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Actually, it was.

Originally posted by The Alchemist
                        You're pathetic.
                        No. I'm not.

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                        Imagine being married to her, god, she will boss you around.
                        To be painfully honest about it, there is no way I would even date someone like you or The Alchemist. Much less marry either of you. I would not get involved with a guy who needed bossing around. My standards are much higher than that. Any partner of mine needs to be at least as smart as me.

Comment

• didi
                          • Nov 2011

Please folks stop these stupid personal attacs,
                          Focus on the topic and have civilized debate

Isnt 70 grafts/cm2 something close to 90% of original density(80g/cm2)?

Comment

• ccmethinning
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by didi
                            Please folks stop these stupid personal attacs,
                            Focus on the topic and have civilized debate

Isnt 70 grafts/cm2 something close to 90% of original density(80g/cm2)?
                            Yes it is. And you only need 50% density to appear normal in dry conditions.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                              • Nov 2011

Yes it is. And you only need 50% density to appear normal in dry conditions.
                              Then why does Gerard Joling look thin without topix on?

Comment

• ccmethinning
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
                                Then why does Gerard Joling look thin without topix on?
                                Because I believe on the first go around Gho only does 35 grafts/cm2.

Also, his procedure was very recent.

Comment

Working...