Close to moving into Norwood 4 territory. I can't help but laugh.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJacobs152
    • May 2011

Close to moving into Norwood 4 territory. I can't help but laugh.

Maybe I'm just so busy and stressed study for my board exams, I just don't seem to care for some reason right now. Currently just using minox foam on my head. Last pic, just poofed my hair up. As you can see, there is diffuse thinning going on.

I would like to get a HT done by the end of the year as a graduation gift, but don't know if I'm a good candidate or not.

• coolio
    • Sep 2012

Buzz it off. you'll look good.

Comment

• JJacobs152
      • May 2011

Originally posted by coolio
      Buzz it off. you'll look good.
      Not sure about this to be honest with you. Does it look bad the way it is now? Keep in mind, this is from being out all day. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow when I look more sophisticated, lol.

Comment

• Benzzro
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
        Not sure about this to be honest with you. Does it look bad the way it is now? Keep in mind, this is from being out all day. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow when I look more sophisticated, lol.
        Honestly from the pics you gave, your hair looks pretty bad. I agree with buzzing it

Comment

• JJacobs152
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Benzzro
          Honestly from the pics you gave, your hair looks pretty bad. I agree with buzzing it
          Really? I feel like I still have a good amount, it's just receded heavily.

There are people with worse hair loss, that still haven't shaved their heads off. Damn...

Comment

• coolio
            • Sep 2012

Really? I feel like I still have a good amount, it's just receded heavily.

There are people with worse hair loss, that still haven't shaved their heads off. Damn...
            it's not about hair, man. it's about what makes you look better right?

Shave it off. you will look better.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coolio
              it's not about hair, man. it's about what makes you look better right?

Shave it off. you will look better.
              I wouldn't just say "look better" alone I'd say "feel better"

Comment

• Kevin85
                • Aug 2012

We would need a front pic also to really help tell how it looks... just blur out face if you want to keep privacy.

For me personally, I keep mine at a 1 on top and .5 on sides and people tell me I look much better than before. Also I just started using rogaine and found it easier to apply instead of having the hair I do have being in the way.

Comment

• StuckInARut
                  • Aug 2012

Not sure why everyone suggests to "buzz" it off as not everyone can pull off that look. OP if it doesn't bother you that much I wouldn't bother cutting but before a hair transplant have you tried any treatments (ie: Finasteride, Minoxidil, etc)?

Comment

• Morbo
                    • Jan 2012

I don't even think it's about "pulling off the look".

The more hair you have the more it's noticeable and the more you're expressing 'the defect', and to be frank; atm it does look bad. But granted, it's indeed not about what others think about it, but how he feels about it and what makes him the most self-secure. If he thinks this looks better than the short buzz, he should keep it by all means.

Comment

• J_B_Davis
                      • Dec 2008

If you look at yourself and feel fine with the way you are currently wearing your hair, than just keep doing what you're doing. From the looks of it you have coarse hair with a darker complexion which makes for the best hair transplant candidates.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by Morbo
                        I don't even think it's about "pulling off the look".

The more hair you have the more it's noticeable and the more you're expressing 'the defect', and to be frank; atm it does look bad. But granted, it's indeed not about what others think about it, but how he feels about it and what makes him the most self-secure. If he thinks this looks better than the short buzz, he should keep it by all means.
                        Originally posted by J_B_Davis
                        If you look at yourself and feel fine with the way you are currently wearing your hair, than just keep doing what you're doing. From the looks of it you have coarse hair with a darker complexion which makes for the best hair transplant candidates.
                        Yeah, I think just my current situation and obligation to school - I just don't really care. I've been using minox 5% foam since the beginning of the year. I did use Nizoral 2% everyday, but then stopped last month. I'm going to get back onto it. I'll start using a spirono cream to help.

I would like to get a HT done during my rotation years, but we'll see. Here are other pics that people requested. First 3 are straight out of the shower. Already forgot, if I applied the foam or not. Last 3 are after a while, and the hair is dry.

NATURALLY DRIED

BONUS CROWN PIC:

Came out blurry, can see thinning occurring there. Hard to tell from the pic.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                          • May 2011

Just the other day I had a uni lecture and some guy was NW7 and had a shaved head. I felt bad for him. It was like everything he was doing. All this study, the way he tried to dress well, everything was just him making up for his follicular disadvantage. It's a place I never want to be in, and a place I never will be in - whether or stop my hairloss or not I swear on my life I'll never let myself live as a bald loser.[/QUOTE]

reading > you. I said the crown picture isn't good, but there is thinning. If I take a clear picture you'll be able to see it.

As for your second comment, I can't help but laugh, because I do the exact same. I feel like all I do is look at people that have better hair lines then me, and envy them OR see people that have shaved heads and wonder "how they build the courage and accept their hair loss".
                          Last edited by Winston; 10-05-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Kevin85
                            • Aug 2012

reading > you. I said the crown picture isn't good, but there is thinning. If I take a clear picture you'll be able to see it.

As for your second comment, I can't help but laugh, because I do the exact same. I feel like all I do is look at people that have better hair lines then me, and envy them OR see people that have shaved heads and wonder "how they build the courage and accept their hair loss".
                            Your hair honestly isn't as bad as I was expecting.. You have the receding hairline, that part does suck... but overall you still have plenty of hair. Look into Caboki or a concealment like it and see if you can fix your hairline a little.

Comment

• JJacobs152
                              • May 2011

Bump to get info from Dr. Charles.

Comment

Working...