Info. about Minoxidil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • May 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
    1. Decent, I started it around 18, it definitely slowed my hairloss but did not stop it, I knew it slowed it as when i would go off it for say a week I would shed much more. Overall no growth though, just what I would call artificial slowing.

2.No serious sides however I do get heavy dandruff but that can be attributed to the brand i'm using, I get less dandruff on different brands but even with Nizoral/dandruff shampoos my dandruff is somewhat consistently around.

3. I believe generic at walmart is the cheapest. Overall it's not an expensive treatment in the first place.

Side note- I'd reccomend looking into propecia as well as of the two FDA approved drugs it's the only one that I can say actually inhibits or helps to inhibit what is causing your hairloss.(it doesnt necessarily regrow but if you have no sides it can almost permanently halt your loss.).
    thankyou! but im not daring to try propecia as of yet because im going to get married soon.

Comment

• May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
      This is largely fear mongering. The real possibility of this happening to any one is so unlikely it is is only just barely worth mentioning.

Many women use Minoxidil. If Minoxidil actually did age skin in a statistically significant number of people, women would not go anywhere near the stuff.

This is also largely fear mongering.

You need to talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. This is especially true if your only concern is your hair line. If you do not have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior areas, neither Finasteride or Minoxidil are appropriate for you. The risks of possible side effects greatly outweighs your perceived benefit - and neither are likely to do anything for your hair line anyway.

One last thing. You always have the option to do nothing about your hereditary hair loss and simply allow nature to take it's course. There are only two medications that are proven to work and FDA approved for treating hereditary hair loss. As with all other medications, they both have possible side effects. Again, you always have the option of doing nothing to treat your hereditary hair loss. There is no shame is choosing that option.
      Finally i presume Tracy is right with minoxidil had to do something with aging the skin, girls would have been concerned more with that rather just hairloss... so i think i should give minoxidil a try!!

Comment

• May 2012

Originally posted by Spex
        I have found over the years the foam to be the best Minox product personally and use it 1x a day

No real significant sides other than shedding that i have been aware of. Use it in small amounts and not overkill. Less is more.

3. what is the cheapest brand around? since i can not afford expensive treatments.

You can get the foam version cheap from reliable sites such as www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk - this site has been going a long time and is where i get mine. They also sell the Kirkland liquid version cheap however i found that hard to get on with as very greasy.

Best
        S
        thats right!! thankyou. if there are no significant sides for so many of among us than its worth trying. i hope it will keep the hair i have

Comment

• May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
          Very very few experience the possible side effects of these two medications. Though some actually do, many of those few who do are actually experiencing a psychosomatic response. This is much more common than the fear mongers are will to accept or admit.

However, if your only concern is your hair line, neither of these medications are appropriate for you. It is very important for you to know and realize that.
          Tracy one thing i like about your posts is, you write so positive and it really helps!! thankyou buddy!

Comment

• Spex
            Dr Representative
            • Nov 2008

Best of luck with it
            Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Spex
              I have found over the years the foam to be the best Minox product personally and use it 1x a day

No real significant sides other than shedding that i have been aware of. Use it in small amounts and not overkill. Less is more.

3. what is the cheapest brand around? since i can not afford expensive treatments.

You can get the foam version cheap from reliable sites such as www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk - this site has been going a long time and is where i get mine. They also sell the Kirkland liquid version cheap however i found that hard to get on with as very greasy.

Best
              S
              Spex why do you feel that 'less is more' with regards to minox? Out of interest, thanks.

Comment

• Lazoid
                • Sep 2012

Tracy,

I have been using minox on my hairline for years

Have u seen chrisis thread? He is getting great results on his hairline?

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Lazoid
                  Have u seen chrisis thread? He is getting great results on his hairline?
                  Most males will not get results like Chrisis. It just is what it is. If it is working for you in your hair line, good for you, but that is not the norm.

Comment

• pafc66
                    • Jan 2013

Tracy? I respect your opinions but your only saying its not the norm because on the FDA findings it didnt work at the front however it helps if you apply it there which no1 on that study did.

Comment

Working...