My MPB hypothesis.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by youngin
    You look down a tunnel. I can adequately answer all of your questions, and you could too if you stopped being such a know it all.
    how am I know it all? I can provide sources for every one of my claims which actually makes them facts. What's your problem? Go one by one and tell me where I'm wrong.

I wont be responding to anymore of your comments.
    classic excuse from someone who is losing... you should go into politics

Comment

• gmonasco
      Inactive
      • Apr 2010

All of this reading got me wondering why in all of the cures and studies, no one has addressed why the side of our head never go bald. To me it seems very simplistic.. what does the top of our head get that the rest of our head doesn't, A LOT OF SUNLIGHT.
      But many people who spend most of their lives outdoors and get a good deal of sun on their heads don't develop MPB, while many other people who spend very little time in the sun at all develop MPB nonetheless.

Comment

• Dazza
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by 2020
        classic excuse from someone who is losing... you should go into politics
        Lol'd.

That's a point tho, how come those people that were balding then became castrated stopped balding? The sunlight didn't just stop attacking there scalps because the sun felt bad he lost his balls.

Comment

• youngin
          • Nov 2010

I thought of that also, but if you think about it.. someone with dense hair would have their scalp protected by the hair itself blocking the sun, than someone with thinner hair. Hair style would also account for some of that. There's so many variables its hard to make an accurate statement.

We know that most cell mutation (cancer) is due to immune system, diet, environment. These would all be critical factors. Not to say that baldness is cancer, but the study did show that some DNA damage was done by UV rays. Maybe we don't get exposed to the EXACT UV intensity as the study, but we are exposed to UV rays for thousands of hours in our life.

Comment

• youngin
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dazza
            That's a point tho, how come those people that were balding then became castrated stopped balding? The sunlight didn't just stop attacking there scalps because the sun felt bad he lost his balls.
            Testosterone has a large impact on sebaceous glands. Maybe its needed for their growth also? Just a guess, haven't researched that. Testosterone was removed from the equation, its no longer overdosing the follicle. What I'm suggesting isn't outrageous, its just to say that maybe this is how our follicles get to the condition they are in. It wouldn't discredit any other method of medication or study.

Comment

• youngin
              • Nov 2010

Testosterone does increase the size of sebaceous glands: http://dev.biologists.org/content/5/1/74.full.pdf

Comment

• Jan 2012

still, removing androgens stops MPB forever. Without androgens, MPB cannot continue.

you're concerned that enlarged sebaceous glands due to sunshine exposure increase androgen uptake thus accelerating balding? Is this your whole argument or do you dismiss the whole DHT theory altogether?

Comment

• youngin
                  • Nov 2010

It would be nice to find the study that is quoted here "Recently, a group of Japanese researcher reported a correlation between excessive sebum in the scalp and hair loss. Excessive sebum often accompanying thinning hair is attributed to an enlargement of the sebaceous gland. They believed excessive sebum causes an high level of 5-alpha reductase and pore clogging, thus malnutrition of the hair root."

Comment

• DotheDewNorwood2
                    • Mar 2010

Um......

Youngin, I've been a lurker on here for 5 years now, occasionally commenting or posting my own questions. But what you've posted regarding this sunlight theory has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum in years. Almost as ridiculous as the whole skull expansion theory. 2020 hit the nail on the head with his very first response to you in this thread.

But then again, he raises several other great points about why some cultures that experience direct sunlight to their heads year round don't develop MPB, yet northern Euro's balding like crazy, and your retort is based on how they style their hair.

Medical research has made tremendous strides in determining the root cause of hair loss and there are many pieces to this puzzle because of the anatomical makeup of a hair follicle and how it is effected by our hormonal system. Very complex science. Thank you for setting us back 5 years on this thread. Lets try to stick to peer reviewed studies and not anecdotal books that cost $29.95.

Comment

• youngin
                      • Nov 2010

I posted several studies? Whats your argument? Read the links.

Comment

• youngin
                        • Nov 2010

Its just sooooooo ridiculous to say the sun causes it! Even though science has obviously shown UV rays damage our DNA and follicles, and increase sebaceous glands. IM SO CRAZY THOUGH! Just because its on the top of our heads only, the part of our body the most UV rays hit through our lives, IT CANT BE THAT. IT MUST BE THAT DHT ONLY ATTACK THE TOP OF OUR HEAD, THATS MUCH MORE EXPLAINABLE!

LOL. You people are hilarious. Try thinking outside the box instead of regurgitating information you read.

Comment

• Jan 2012

first study claimed that high sebaceous gland activity may cause higher uptake of androgens. Fine, but I don't agree about ALL androgens being able to cause baldness because those early studies about 5AR deficient people with normal T levels prove that it's all about DHT.

second study:
                          We are aware that it is rather unlikely that normal human hair bulbs are exposed to UVB doses as high as 20 or 50 mJ cm−2 in situ. Therefore, we do not claim that our model imitates the actual in vivo situation.
                          you have nothing but "hypothesies" from just another $29.99 "cure book"

Vitamin A regulates sebaceous glands(that's why accutane works) so start a thread about that and not some sunshine theory...

Comment

• youngin
                            • Nov 2010

All of the other hypothesis fail with one simple fact. WHY does the back and side of the head not bald also? Such a simple thing no one can answer cause doctors are looking for just a treatment, so they tell you to throw some drugs in your body that stops DHT conversion. Stupidity. DHT may very well be part of the process, but its definitely not the cause.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Its just sooooooo ridiculous to say the sun causes it! Even though science has obviously shown UV rays damage our DNA and follicles, and increase sebaceous glands. IM SO CRAZY THOUGH! Just because its on the top of our heads only, the part of our body the most UV rays hit through our lives, IT CANT BE THAT. IT MUST BE THAT DHT ONLY ATTACK THE TOP OF OUR HEAD, THATS MUCH MORE EXPLAINABLE!

LOL. You people are hilarious. Try thinking outside the box instead of regurgitating information you read.
                              so you're dismissing DHT altogether? Is it just a coincidence that DHT blockers stop MPB completely and that steroids and DHT analogs accelerate MPB?

Comment

• Jan 2012

All of the other hypothesis fail with one simple fact. WHY does the back and side of the head not bald also?
                                I ALREADY TOLD YOU!! MPB zones have a higher 5AR activity that's a fact and that's why MPB zones go bald so fast. DONOR ZONES lose density too but much slower. What don't you understand about it?

Such a simple thing no one can answer cause doctors are looking for just a treatment, so they tell you to throw some drugs in your body that stops DHT conversion. Stupidity. DHT may very well be part of the process, but its definitely not the cause.
                                DHT is the sole "messenger" that starts this balding process. I don't care what happens afterwards. It's known fact that without DHT you would never go bald

Comment

Working...