Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khan
    • Aug 2011

Offensive hairloss commercial.

Don't know if you guys have already seen this commerical. I am dissapointed with Merk. This commerical is kind of offensive and just sad.

I always thought it was snake oil that preyed on insecurities.

Its kind of hurtful too.

• dex89
    • Jul 2012

BWHAHAHAAHA this commercial is pretty ****ed up.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

omfg lol I love marketing people!!!! They are what make the world the wonderful utopia it really is!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• khan
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by dex89
        They are basically trying to into everyones head that bald men are unattractive. Thats just nasty.

There might be a little truth to it, but did you really have to put it this way?

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by khan
          They are basically trying to into everyones head that bald men are unattractive. Thats just nasty.

There might be a little truth to it, but did you really have to put it this way?
          I apologize good sir, but that was my first reaction when I saw this clip.

Comment

• UK_
            • Feb 2011

LOLOL Try going on the website on the video you get this message:

"Merck: Thank you for visiting our site, which is currently unavailable."

Obviously something to do with all the law suits they're getting. And this video is over 2 years old.

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
              • Jul 2012

Return of the Merck

Originally posted by dex89
              Amen to that, just plane crazy. Maybe they could make a sequel, where the guy meets a smoking hot girl, and when they wants to get freaky, and she drop the pant's, she is an eunuch, and then state: "she thinks the same about your when the artificial hormones f..... you up" :-)

Comment

• Morbo
                • Jan 2012

This commercial is actually quite sickening.

TBH I find it repulsive how this advertisement tries to fool (insecure) balding people that a man with a receding hairline or going bald is the same and just as ugly as a bald or balding woman. Which is false.

Even though I grant you that men going bald will make them less attractive, a woman going bald is basically the end of her social life. There is absolutely no culture or society that accepts bald women. Orthodox Jews and Islamic women even have to hide their hair because according to them it's the essence of attractiveness and beauty.

These advertisers deserve a punch in the kidneys.

Comment

• chrisis
                  • Feb 2012

And we trust this company to trial and report accurately on the safety of their drugs.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
                    How can you "fool" people that it's ugly? It is. When you go bald or are balding you lose all your looks. As far as women are concerned you're all washed up past that point. If you ever wanted to get that 10/10 trophy wife you can just about forget it unless you have a one-in-a-billion personality, confidence, and wealth.
                    Depends on the man.

Pierce brosnan looks good,

Comment

• UK_
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
                      And we trust this company to trial and report accurately on the safety of their drugs.
                      lol mega thumbs up.

Comment

• UK_
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
                        How can you "fool" people that it's ugly? It is. When you go bald or are balding you lose all your looks. As far as women are concerned you're all washed up past that point. If you ever wanted to get that 10/10 trophy wife you can just about forget it unless you have a one-in-a-billion personality, confidence, and wealth.
                        Trophy wives are for older men in their 40's - you're not even old, or maybe you are, either way quit your whining will you.

Comment

• khan
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Morbo
                          This commercial is actually quite sickening.

TBH I find it repulsive how this advertisement tries to fool (insecure) balding people that a man with a receding hairline or going bald is the same and just as ugly as a bald or balding woman. Which is false.

Even though I grant you that men going bald will make them less attractive, a woman going bald is basically the end of her social life. There is absolutely no culture or society that accepts bald women. Orthodox Jews and Islamic women even have to hide their hair because according to them it's the essence of attractiveness and beauty.

These advertisers deserve a punch in the kidneys.
                          I think a bald women may have a certain appeal. But a balding guy is just so sad and depressing.

There is a little truth to this commercial. But did they have to put it this way. They could have easily focused on something else like looking youthful. I mean the positive aspects of having hair rather than the negative if loosing them.

Originally posted by chrisis
                          But there is the FDA, and the drug has been around for 20yrs. This commercial is really bad but your comparison is a little off.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                            • Jan 2011

I actually found it funny, and wasn't hurt by it. I think you guys are upset that it's Propecia doing this, otherwise you probably wouldn't have cared if it was just a random Beer commercial.

Comment

• MackJames
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                              I actually found it funny, and wasn't hurt by it. I think you guys are upset that it's Propecia doing this, otherwise you probably wouldn't have cared if it was just a random Beer commercial.
                              People on here are hyper sensitive while also being extremely aggressive. Well, that's pretty much how it is on most Internet forums.

Comment

Working...