Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WarLord
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
    In males, Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. If you currently do not have a problem in these areas, you should not use Minoxidil.

Many males buy Minoxidil to use on there temples and hair lines. This is usually a waste of money and effort because males, especially caucasion males, are genetically programmed to loose their temple hair and develop an adult male hair line. Some males can regrow some of their temple hair with medicine but most males cannot. If your temples are completely void of hair, Minoxidil is not going to help you no matter what concentration you use. If you have at least some vellus hair in your temples, Minoxidil might be able to help you to some degree but the odds are against you.
    Dear Tracy, I appreciate that you want to show your wisdom to the whole world, but you lack enough personal experience and your theoretical knowledge of the topic is also very limited. Your pieces of advice are incredibly silly and I would wish that nobody followed them. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by WarLord
      ...but you lack enough personal experience and your theoretical knowledge of the topic is also very limited.
      No, I don't lack personal experience and I do have quite a bit of knowledge on this subject. Obviously a great deal more than you. You have no idea who you are talking to.

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by WarLord
        And did you use it really regularly, every day? Remember that minoxidil doesn't excuse any interruptions of treatment. YOU DIDN'T UNDERTAKE ANYTHING, WHEN YOU STARTED TO LOSE THE REGROWN HAIR? Judging from the fact that you stopped using finasteride, I would say that you don't take your hair therapy much seriously.

If I didn't read the claptrap in the internet, it would never occur to me that the treatment should stop working. I have been on minoxidil for nearly 16 years already and it doesn't seem that it would lose its effectiveness anytime soon. In fact, I start to believe that I could use it indefinitely.

One man called BEACH MAN, who has been using minoxidil for 24 years, summed it up on another forum: [I]"Those for whom Minoxidil actually works to grow mature hair don't want anyone to know that they are using it, just as they don't want anyone to know how much hair they have lost underneath the adjusted (e.g., comb-over) hairstyle designed specifically to conceal the hairloss. Thus not only do they have no need to post on a hairloss website like t

We see the same with finasteride, after all. Not a long time ago, the hairloss communities spread mythologies that it works only for five years. Now we know that it is effective in 86% people for 10+ years. It's always those hopeless souls, who are whining on internet forums, creating an impression that any hairloss therapy is a lost battle. Some of them even passionately infect people's minds with poisonous crap like the famous "offset regrowth theory" in minoxidil. LOL
        Yes I used it every day like I should. I think you misunderstand what I was saying. Hairline recession is like a male secondary trait and it's just hard as hell to stop it.

Minox still works good for me in the back but it's still going to need some help from Fin. And oh I had great results from FIN, better than minox. I stopped because the sides got so bad.

But recently bought more and trying to get back on it slowly.

I know who the 5 year minox guy is. Thing is there was a study saying that and he is just parroting it. I was taught to question everything , so I try to prove what the study says for myself - as long as it's safe.

As far as fin goes, everyone is different but I have alway heard 10 years as a general rule. Some go much longer some less.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mpb47
          Hairline recession is like a male secondary trait and it's just hard as hell to stop it.
          Not like, it is a male secondary trait. Males and females have different hair lines when they become adults. This is a natural and normal physical difference like facial hair, bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, stronger muscles, ungodly body odor and such and so forth. This is especially visible in caucasion males. Of course not all males develop a male hair line, some do retain an adolescent/feminine hair line - but most males develop an adult mature male hair line.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

Not like, it is a male secondary trait. Males and females have different hair lines when they become adults. This is a natural and normal physical difference like facial hair, bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, stronger muscles, ungodly body odor and such and so forth. This is especially visible in caucasion males. Of course not all males develop a male hair line, some do retain an adolescent/feminine hair line - but most males develop an adult mature male hair line.
            Yeah, he must be a woman:

Comment

• Tracy C
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
              She is right, take a look at him for example:
              You are absolutely not paying attention. If you are not going to pay attention and read what I right, don't respond. You are making yourself look like a complete idiot.

Pay attention.

Comment

• Tracy C
                • Sep 2011

You highlander need therapy very badly. The fool who posted this pic simply doesn't pay attention - but you need serious therapy.

Comment

• mpb47
                  • Apr 2012

Hey - in case you have not noticed, I agree with you - cept for smell part

Comment

• mpb47
                    • Apr 2012

Hormonally speaking, he might be. I have a good friend who still has as much hair as he had as he was 12. His hair is very thick and his hairline has not moved at all - it is very girl like.

But the catch is he has problem with his pituitary gland and produces very little testosterone. He has weekly injections and even with that he has to take a pill for sex.
                    He can't grow a beard, only fuzz, though I am completely opposite in that respect and wouldn't mind trading places shaving wise.

He also gets sick a lot.
                    So yea some people are luckier than us hair wise but you don't know what is going on behind the scenes health wise. My friend is always telling me how lucky I am to have my health.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                      • Nov 2011

Hormonally speaking, he might be. I have a good friend who still has as much hair as he had as he was 12. His hair is very thick and his hairline has not moved at all - it is very girl like.

But the catch is he has problem with his pituitary gland and produces very little testosterone. He has weekly injections and even with that he has to take a pill for sex.
                      He can't grow a beard, only fuzz, though I am completely opposite in that respect and wouldn't mind trading places shaving wise.

He also gets sick a lot.
                      So yea some people are luckier than us hair wise but you don't know what is going on behind the scenes health wise. My friend is always telling me how lucky I am to have my health.
                      I have 2 cousins who are male and in their 30s and have zero hairloss. They dont seem to have health problems.

It's all genetics, "mature hairline" is a term to signify early recession. In other words, it is hairloss.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Hey - in case you have not noticed, I agree with you - cept for smell part
                        I did notice. Anyone and everyone who bothers to get out into the real world and look around with their eyes open can't deny it.

So yea some people are luckier than us hair wise but you don't know what is going on behind the scenes health wise.
                        It is very rare but some males do not develop a male hair line. Some males do in fact retain an adolescent/feminine hair line. I have said that more than a few times before. If yeahyeahyeah were paying attention, he would have known that. They are the anomaly - not the norm. Media distortion is messing with everyone's idea of what is actually normal. Women have been a victim of this media distortion of normality for decades.

It's all genetics, "mature hairline" is a term to signify early recession. In other words, it is hairloss.
                        You are still not paying attention. The "mature hairline" refers to normal masculine recession associated with natural and normal virilization of males as they become adults. Yes it is hair loss - but it is not MPB.

Now if you are not going to pay attention, go away and go do something else.

Comment

• mpb47
                          • Apr 2012

I have 2 cousins who are male and in their 30s and have zero hairloss. They dont seem to have health problems.

Well my understanding from one of the hair docs, Dr. Proctor, is there is a subtle difference between the mature hairline and regular mpb. It is hairloss and he said that more often than not it later becomes mpb. Go to google groups and search "mature hairline Dr. P" and you will see people talking about this same issue back in 2000-2002 era, if not before.

Yes a few men never lose their hair. Also others don't till later in life. My dad did not bald till after he turned 70.

Comment

• nick9278
                            • Feb 2012

Hey ducking... seems your thread has gotten a bit off topic. I've seen anecdotal evidence of great responders who had no noticeable shed and those who had horrific sheds. Shedding is usually a good thing, but I wouldn't consider it a immediate determination of non-response to not shed. Just keep applying it and see what happens. I'm guessing you bought a 4 month supply anyway.

Personally, I've been using it 2 weeks and have just begun to shed, after finasteride had slowed my shed considerably. Its so bittersweet.

Comment

• Lounk61
                              • May 2012

What about using minoxidil on new transplanted hairs? On the temples or other areas of the scalp? Doe it help the hair grow in thicker?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                                • Oct 2011

I'm sure both Pitt and Cruise have had work done or are doing something to halt it.

Comment

Working...