X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CallumVaughan94
    • Feb 2012

Receding at 17!? PICTURES (Update)

The older thread an be found here:

Recently I've become very self-conscious about receding. The hair on the side of my head has always been much lighter and thinner since I was born. And I've never had a straight hairline from birth. My Dad who's now 55 has the same parts on his head where the hair goes back. And he's only now just losing his hair on the top of

Basically, has it got worse? Looks the same to me but I keep thinking about it so naturally am getting self conscious about it again. So was wondering what you think?

Also, my hair is a lot shorter in these pictures
    Thanks, Callum
    Attached Files
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Lol, I can't really tell, maybe matured hairline? You're hair looks good, Johnny Bravo.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CallumVaughan94

Recently I've become very self-conscious about receding. The hair on the side of my head has always been much lighter and thinner since I was born. And I've never had a straight hairline from birth. My Dad who's now 55 has the same parts on his head where the hair goes back. And he's only now just losing his hair on the top of

Basically, has it got worse? Looks the same to me but I keep thinking about it so naturally am getting self conscious about it again. So was wondering what you think?

Thanks, Callum
      Your hairstyle is amazing, how do you do it like that?

Comment

• alex82
        • Feb 2012

Your hair looks good man. I was like that for most of my 20s. receeded but still very thick. I'd say stay away from finasteride and other meds for now unless you start seeing thinning at the crown and top /mid scalp.

I started on fin 7 months ago mainly to try and stop further recession but since starting my hair has become extremely thin and way worse than before. Ironically I now have a very thin crown and front part/hairline. So stay away unless you are sure you have/are getting crown and mid scalp thinning.

All the best

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by alex82
          Your hair looks good man. I was like that for most of my 20s. receeded but still very thick. I'd say stay away from finasteride and other meds for now unless you start seeing thinning at the crown and top /mid scalp.

I started on fin 7 months ago mainly to try and stop further recession but since starting my hair has become extremely thin and way worse than before. Ironically I now have a very thin crown and front part/hairline. So stay away unless you are sure you have/are getting crown and mid scalp thinning.

All the best
          Looks like you are not alone alex, read this here:

http://www.****************/interact...p?f=11&t=75356

OP look into adding toco 8 and regenpure into your regime. I have noticed less shedding with toco 8 for sure.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
            Looks like you are not alone alex, read this here:

http://www.****************/interact...p?f=11&t=75356

OP look into adding toco 8 and regenpure into your regime. I have noticed less shedding with toco 8 for sure.
            I was looking in to Toco 8 before, but i'm not sold on it. I google Toco 8 results, and have looked for toco 8 before and after pics, and find nothing. All I do is read, read, and read, anecdotal here anecdotal there. Can't just go by word of mouth, have to see some results for myself, and have yet to see that.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
              I was looking in to Toco 8 before, but i'm not sold on it. I google Toco 8 results, and have looked for toco 8 before and after pics, and find nothing. All I do is read, read, and read, anecdotal here anecdotal there. Can't just go by word of mouth, have to see some results for myself, and have yet to see that.
              My shedding has definently decreased on it. Must be doing something.

You are probably right - does **** all. But worth a try. I wouldnt expect regrowth on it.

Comment

• Maradona
                • Nov 2011

Thanks, Callum
                Get on RU or just let it flow, it won't get worse for a big while especially if you are not shedding.

Stay away from FIN at least until you're +21.

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                  Get on RU...
                  Very bad advise right there.

Comment

• Maradona
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                    Very bad advise right there.
                    Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.

Mature hairlines is BALDING, it is CAUSED by DHT. It's not about broad shoulders and whatever you say all the time. It simply stops there EITHER indefinitely or for some time.

Mature hairline and the "very mature" you point are a great indicator of future balding.

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                      Very good in my opinon. You're the one giving bad advice to everyone with your mature hairlines and get on fin.
                      You are ignoring reality. RU has not been approved by the FDA. It's safety and efficacy have not yet been determined - and it is not available in the U.S. through legitimate channels. Recommending it is unethical and immoral.

I do not advise people to get on fin. I advise people to talk to their doctor about it. Finasteride has helped many many males. I personally know many males who are taking Finasteride and it has helped each and every one of them. I do not know a single person in real life who has had a problem with the medicine.

The mature adult male hair line is real. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out into the real world, open your blind eyes and look around you. This persistent denial is foolish nonsense equal to insisting that the sky is not blue. It doesn't hurt to consistently refuse to accept reality on this matter - but it certainly does not help you.

You just planted yourself very firmly on the very top of my poo list. Don't you even think of talking to me.

Comment

• CallumVaughan94
                        • Feb 2012

So am I receding or not people! Apparently it looks the same as it did a couple of months ago but I'm getting VERY different replies than I did last time in my other thread!

Give me the truth -
                        1) Does it look bad?
                        2) Is it a receding hairline?
                        3) Will it get worse?
                        4) Is there nothing wrong and I'm just over-thinking

Comment

• Tracy C
                          • Sep 2011

So am I receding or not people!
                          It looks exactly the same as it did before to me. No it does not look bad. It looks normal.

It looks like normal masculinization to me. You are not a little boy any more. You are becoming a man. Men and women have different hair lines, especially in caucasions. This is one of those normal physical traits that differ between males and females like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice and so on. You now have a male hair line.

No one can tell you if it will get worse or not. The best you can do is look to your older male relatives from both sides of you family and attempt to predict what you might look like. You can also start taking good quality pictures of your hair every six months to allow you to more accurately tell if it is getting worse. Those pictures need to include your vertex and mid-anterior. If you are only taking pictures of your hair line you are wasting your time.

It does not look like there is anything wrong at this time. You now know how to keep an eye on it. What you do with that information is entirely up to you.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                            • Nov 2011

So am I receding or not people! Apparently it looks the same as it did a couple of months ago but I'm getting VERY different replies than I did last time in my other thread!

Give me the truth -
                            1) Does it look bad?
                            2) Is it a receding hairline?
                            3) Will it get worse?
                            4) Is there nothing wrong and I'm just over-thinking

You have MPB - recession

The good news is, it may stabalize.

The bad news is; nobody knows. But given your age, that the severe recession has hit you chances are it wont.

My hairline went back at about 25/26 for example, and it is not as receeded.

Comment

• Maradona
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                              You are ignoring reality. RU has not been approved by the FDA. It's safety and efficacy have not yet been determined - and it is not available in the U.S. through legitimate channels. Recommending it is unethical and immoral.

I do not advise people to get on fin. I advise people to talk to their doctor about it. Finasteride has helped many many males. I personally know many males who are taking Finasteride and it has helped each and every one of them. I do not know a single person in real life who has had a problem with the medicine.

The mature adult male hair line is real. Get off your butt, away from the computer, out into the real world, open your blind eyes and look around you. This persistent denial is foolish nonsense equal to insisting that the sky is not blue. It doesn't hurt to consistently refuse to accept reality on this matter - but it certainly does not help you.

You just planted yourself very firmly on the very top of my poo list. Don't you even think of talking to me.
                              Hair transplants are not FDA aproved either that's not a good example but there are many things that aren't FDA approved and are SAFE and sometimes EFFECTIVE for some.

You are the most ignorant person on baldtruth, you can't see anything beyond mature hairlines and fin. Can't you understand that RU is simply an ANTI-ADROGEN?

its all about cutting the DHT from attaching to your AR receptors or destroying the AR receptors. Anything that can do that is called an DHT blocker and therefore can help in hairloss, is that so hard to understand for your old monkey brain? You are too old to be here and don't contribute anything else than it's on the books or what people already know.

Of course finasteride works it blocks DHT, but blocking DHT altogether from your body is VERY dangerous there are countless of papers proving this, not for everyone of course. I don't think he wants to play russian roulette when there are other treatments before jumping the gun.

There is recently a family protesting that their son committed suicide from propecia. It is understandable I suffer from permanent sides but they are not too bad thank god.

There hasn't been a single complaint for 5 years of people using RU ON THE INTERNET. I can't say that about FIN.

ANTI-ANDROGEN = MORE HAIR.

ANYTHING APPLIED TOPICALLY = SAFER THAN INTERNALLY.

I hope your monkey brain can understand that.

I am not saying Mature hairlines don't exist, of course they do some people's hair are supcetible to DHT only at the temples and some of them LIKE ME started at THE TEMPLES and bought the mature hairline myth for a long time.

There are scientific studies confirming it is a great indicator of future balding.
                              Mature hairline = partial balding = WATCH OUT.

Your HAIR gone at the temples = those hair WERE supcetible to DHT = high chance that you will BALD in the future =/ BROAD shoulders.

Yes I won't bother replying to you anymore because you are not worth it, you don't bring a SINGLE INTELLIGENT statement all YOU DO BABBLE the same stuff. Save your energy because those people already know or will know that without you telling them.

Oh about my poo list, you've been on it for a long time.

I like to call it POO LIST for ignorants. You've been on the top for a long time and I think you will be there till the end of times. I'm pretty sure your on the IGNORANT POO list for many people on this site too although nobody has the BALLS to tell you that.

People simply see your name and go to the next post because you repeat the same bullcrap.

OP for your own sake and safety do what everyone else on this site does: ignore Tracy, maybe me as well but listen to the others.

Comment

Working...