Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sausage
    • Jan 2012

I'm back: latest

Yo guys, I have not been on here for a while.

I have now been taking:

Propecia, Toco-8, and Minoxidil daily for 3 months now.

I just received my next 3 month course of Propecia yesterday.

-I have had zero side effects.

-I have had zero shedding.

I really cannot tell if these medications are working for me, unfortunately as I have not got much hair on the top of my head and the fact I wear it at grade 1 means it is hard to see any positives.

When you have long hair you see the hairs falling out when you shower, as I do not have long hair I cannot do a count test to see if my hairloss has reduced. My hairloss is also relatively slow so after a 3 month period I cannot tell if it has got worse.

I am fairly sure it has not got better, As far as I can see, no significant growth of hair has occurred if at all.

I will only be able to tell in the long run, when I start noticing that my hair is continuing to fall by simply looking in the mirror and seeing more scalp.

I am hitting the 3-6 months mark now, Propecia's instructions states that it should work in this time period. So maybe something significant will happen in the next 3 months.

As I have always said, I do not really believe in these medications whatsoever, I gave in to them as I did not want to lose my final strands of hair on top and have no other option, many people in here big up Propecia and guess what they convinced me to give it ago.

It is supposed to work for 9/10 people so it should by chance work for me, I remain sceptical, if after another 3 months on this stuff I see no difference then I will definitely be anti-hair-loss-drugs.
  • spectrum
    • Apr 2011

Good you had no initial side effects from taking Propecia. Stay on it and be hopeful! I strongly suggest you take Biotin that may help with hair growth and also may prevent hair loss.

Comment

• sausage
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by spectrum
      Good you had no initial side effects from taking Propecia. Stay on it and be hopeful! I strongly suggest you take Biotin that may help with hair growth and also may prevent hair loss.
      I use Nizoral once a week, I may be wrong but does that have some Biotin in it?

Comment

• spectrum
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by sausage
        I use Nizoral once a week, I may be wrong but does that have some Biotin in it?
        I meant Biotin 5 mg Caps. Nizoral is a shampoo, huh?

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by spectrum
          I meant Biotin 5 mg Caps. Nizoral is a shampoo, huh?
          yeah, cheers for the tip.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

I take Biotin 5,000 mcg every day, twice a day.

It does not stop hair loss, it does not promote new hair growth/regrow hair.

Biotin however, makes your current hair grow faster. It's good if you're trying to grow out your existing hair. Biotin has no effect on MPB.

Comment

• worried
              • Mar 2012

Yo guys, I have not been on here for a while.

I have now been taking:

Propecia, Toco-8, and Minoxidil daily for 3 months now.
              Why do you use Toco 8 when you are already taking propecia ?

Comment

• goldbondmafia
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
                I take Biotin 5,000 mcg every day, twice a day.

It does not stop hair loss, it does not promote new hair growth/regrow hair.

Biotin however, makes your current hair grow faster. It's good if you're trying to grow out your existing hair. Biotin has no effect on MPB.
                Exactly, biotin doesn't do anything in terms of hair loss, it just speeds up hair growth.

Ive taken it in high doses whenever Ive gotten shit haircuts. You can also tell biotin works as youll notice your nails growing at a fast rate as well

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by goldbondmafia
                  Exactly, biotin doesn't do anything in terms of hair loss, it just speeds up hair growth.

Ive taken it in high doses whenever Ive gotten shit haircuts. You can also tell biotin works as youll notice your nails growing at a fast rate as well
                  Yep, I clip my nails every week when i'm on Biotin.

And that's exactly what I use it for too, to grow out my hair after haircuts.

It's a hair, skin and nail vitamin, but when it mentions hair, it means hair growth, not hair loss prevention or that it thickens your thinning hair.

Still good to use it for those other reasons, mainly skin and hair. And the other good side of it is that it doesn't make your hair loss any worse either. So it's safe to use for MPB sufferers, another good one is MSM.

Comment

• WashedOut
                    • Dec 2011

Maybe if you had started finasteride earlier you would have better results.

Comment

• sausage
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by WashedOut
                      Maybe if you had started finasteride earlier you would have better results.
                      well obviously (if it works that is) that goes without saying, thats the same for every balding person.

Comment

• sausage
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by worried
                        Why do you use Toco 8 when you are already taking propecia ?
                        Is Toco-8 the same as Propecia?

(BTW this post is sarcastic)

Comment

• worried
                          • Mar 2012

Is Toco-8 the same as Propecia?

(BTW this post is sarcastic)
                          this post wasnt meant to be sarcastic ...Sorry if you feel like that

Comment

• sausage
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by worried
                            this post wasnt meant to be sarcastic ...Sorry if you feel like that
                            I mean't my post was sarcastic.

I didn't mean it in a nasty way, I just was trying to say Toco-8 and Propecia are totally different 'medications' 'drugs' whatever you want to call them so whats wrong with taking them both?

I do not expect Toco-8 to work at all, its not got any strength in its backing as a hairloss cure. As for Propecia a lot of people on here claim it works, I am sceptical as to whether it works at all and feel some people on here are paid to promote and therefore influence us baldies to take it.

I mean if I owned Propecia I would employ people to talk up the drug on forums as there is a huge market for on here alone.

I have yet to see any sign that it works, it is supposed to work for something like 95% of people, so I expect it to work for me.

Whatever the outcome I will either be shouting out that this drug is a load of bollox or that it is awesome, only 3 months left before I am supposed to see a sign its working.

Comment

Working...