Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khan
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by jayth
    As far as sides go they are real but mild. Within the first 3 days I noticed erection difficulty and I had a pain in my balls (on night 3) that was almost unbearable. It went away after that night however and never returned. It felt like blue balls x 10. The crazy thing is I wake up now almost every morning with a raging boner but when I try to get one myself (masterbate) it seems way herder than it used to be. I dont have any trouble (getting it up) when i'm with my gf though but my erections seem a little less hard. Now after 2 years on this med it can be a completely different story. I'm way to early in treatment to be making any claims. This is just a check-in. I'm gonna try and report every 2 mos and evaluate my sides again.
    Thats great to hear man! I mean that the sides are mild. I had nut pain too, but in my case it lasted 2 months but it was occasional and off thing.

Hope you stay postive

Remember alot of things can go wrong in life, but that doesn't mean they will.

Comment

• jayth
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by khan
      Thats great to hear man! I mean that the sides are mild. I had nut pain too, but in my case it lasted 2 months but it was occasional and off thing.

Hope you stay postive

Remember alot of things can go wrong in life, but that doesn't mean they will.
      Thanks Khan. It's nice to get a positive reply on this forum. Yeah, I am hoping for the best. Time will tell.

May I ask if you are still on Fin and if so hows your sides?

Comment

• khan
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by jayth
        Thanks Khan. It's nice to get a positive reply on this forum. Yeah, I am hoping for the best. Time will tell.

May I ask if you are still on Fin and if so hows your sides?
        Yup I am still on Fin. Been on the 0.5mg for 11months (never went on the full does). I recently starting taking 1mg only Mondays, and 0.5 the rest of the week. I have no sides to report so far. Except for the ocassional nut ache the first 2 months which cleared out. I really hope and pray it stays that way.

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
          • Apr 2011

Hhhhhhhh. Lots of men here think with their other heads. What's good for that head is good. What's bad -or maybe bad- for it is BAD.

Doctor : Mr. Dick, unfortunately your heart, liver, kidneys are failing and the only drug that might reverse that is a drug that MIGHT, MIGHT have some sexual side effects but chances it won't.

Dick : What !! Sexual side effects ?? No way. Not my other head.

Doctor : Calm down, Dick. You worry too much about your other head that it's clouding your judgement and creating unnecessary and unreasonable fear. But I'm warning you. You're facing a real danger of dying if you don't take the drug.

Dick : No way. I'll take my chances. Everything but my other head. My heart, my lungs, my liver....let them all fail but not my other head.

Side note - Mr Dick claims to be an "optimistic" person who likes to "think positive" because he claims thinking positive will bring about positive things. BUT for some reason, Mr . Dick's optimism is out the window when it comes to his other precious head. Suddenly he feels 2% of possibility of having side effects is too much of a risk. Suddenly, the 2% is too scary of a number for him that he's shaking in his pants.
          I'm sure if there were a drug that gave Mr. Dick lots of energy in his little head but at the same time had 98% chance of killing him, Mr. Dick would've been more than happy to take that drug. I'm sure he would've said hey, there's 2% chance I won't die. He would've said you need to think positive....

Yup. "Only two things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

Comment

• chrisis
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by VictimOfDHT
            Hhhhhhhh. Lots of men here think with their other heads. What's good for that head is good. What's bad -or maybe bad- for it is BAD.

Doctor : Mr. Dick, unfortunately your heart, liver, kidneys are failing and the only drug that might reverse that is a drug that MIGHT, MIGHT have some sexual side effects but chances it won't.

Dick : What !! Sexual side effects ?? No way. Not my other head.

Doctor : Calm down, Dick. You worry too much about your other head that it's clouding your judgement and creating unnecessary and unreasonable fear. But I'm warning you. You're facing a real danger of dying if you don't take the drug.

Dick : No way. I'll take my chances. Everything but my other head. My heart, my lungs, my liver....let them all fail but not my other head.

Side note - Mr Dick claims to be an "optimistic" person who likes to "think positive" because he claims thinking positive will bring about positive things. BUT for some reason, Mr . Dick's optimism is out the window when it comes to his other precious head. Suddenly he feels 2% of possibility of having side effects is too much of a risk. Suddenly, the 2% is too scary of a number for him that he's shaking in his pants.
            I'm sure if there were a drug that gave Mr. Dick lots of energy in his little head but at the same time had 98% chance of killing him, Mr. Dick would've been more than happy to take that drug. I'm sure he would've said hey, there's 2% chance I won't die. He would've said you need to think positive....

Yup. "Only two things are infinite- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".
            wut?

Comment

• chattabob
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
              I'd say sensitivity is about 75% of how it should be but I'm still feeling other side effects that bother me. I don't have the same forceful orgasms and they're just harder to achieve with less pleasure. It's like just "getting there" is a battle and accomplishment. I used to be able to toy with reaching climax but now I just want to get over it. I know this is graphic but it needs to be for people to understand... I used to get a lot of precum and my load would sometimes shoot over my head if I was feeling really horny. Those days seem to be long gone and I blame finasteride entirely. I realise some of my posts on this topic have been on the angry side but I can't tolerate people implying that this might be in my head. They're so damn clueless and their "advice" is dangerous.
              I'm the same buddy, but mine was caused by a nasty high dose anxiety drug my GP put me on which In hindsight I dont think I needed... one day for no particular reason I just started pulling strands of hair out until I had none left on my crown...

I hear you on the shooting over your head thing and I'm gutted I dont have that now and it just dribbles out My sensitivity has never fully come back either and my dick goes so hard now I can only manage a few positions without being in pain.

I think its so wrong that they list this side affect and make a fortune on this drug that they should legally have to fund a drug to counter the long term or irreversable side affects.

I was going to order some propecia but I've suddenly changed my mind.

Hope the affects go soon

Comment

• Jan 2012

holy shit no one here has a problem popping "anti-depression" pills (no such thing btw, I think Simpsons made a joke about it when a doctor said something like "the only effective cure for this is daily exercise" ), but when it comes to finasteride everyone is so god damn cautious...

Comment

• chattabob
                  • Apr 2012

I was young and stupid and thought Dr's knew best I have since learned a valuable lesson now hence why I research everything now

Comment

• khan
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by 2020
                    holy shit no one here has a problem popping "anti-depression" pills (no such thing btw, I think Simpsons made a joke about it when a doctor said something like "the only effective cure for this is daily exercise" ), but when it comes to finasteride everyone is so god damn cautious...
                    Thats because worrying about or treating hairloss is generally considered silly and outright ridiculous. I have been told several times that men shouldn't care about their appearance.
                    I hate this school of thought. If they weren't my family memeber, I would have let them have it.

But anyways I think that partially the answer that question. Anxiety is considered a much more serious issue.

Comment

• Jcm800
                      • Jan 2011

@chattabob-so you have a rock hard boner that hurts?! That's an unusual Finasteride side effect? I thought it made a lot of guys 'limp'?

Comment

• chattabob
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Jcm800
                        @chattabob-so you have a rock hard boner that hurts?! That's an unusual Finasteride side effect? I thought it made a lot of guys 'limp'?
                        It was caused by another drug buddy for anxiety

Comment

• khan
                          • Aug 2011

I don't know if you guys have had a look, but Propecia's website is back.

Our health solutions, biosimilars and established brands are helping women to live better, healthier lives.

It doesn't look that much different to me. I wonder if it was shut down because of the lawsuits, or some kind of an upgrade.

Any thought?

Comment

Working...