Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • storm
    • Nov 2008

Is Provillus a Scam?

Has anyone tried provillus? They claim it is an FDA approved product. Is it dangerous to take?
  • Laserhead
    • Nov 2008

Great, another scam. I can't believe that they would stoop that low to steel that girls photos and claim that she grew her hair back using their crap product. This is really a shame! How is this allowed to go on?

Comment

• jjo229
      • Dec 2009

Provillus company should be shut down!!! For real.

Provillus should be sued and reported to the better business bureau. I am working on it.

Comment

• jjo229
        • Dec 2009

Don't buy, use, refer or think of PROVILLUS!!!

Originally posted by storm
        Has anyone tried provillus? They claim it is an FDA approved product. Is it dangerous to take?
        How many times do you need to hear it? Provillus will damage your hair. I took it and my hair came out in lumpy chunks. I gave it to my mom who has a beatiful short hair to take as dietary supplement. The poor lady's hair started ripping off. I had to take her to her doctor to check her bone density to make sure there is no cancer of any kind. When her test came back, the doctor said she has just introduced something new to her body that is clearly ripping her hair out. It was freaking "hair killer PROVILLUS". This is a woman that her hair hardly breaks or shed on any comb. They came out in chunks in the tub. You cannot imagine the stress this caused. DO NOT BUY PROVILLUS!!!!

Comment

• KeepTheHair
          • Mar 2010

Yeah. What I don't understand is this thread: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1392

Kevin Nalts posting a blog. In this blog he advertises for Provillus.

Provillus is just a load of crap. Expensive crap. Unlike propecia this crap is way more effective in...giving you side effects since it's just a bunch of crap thrown together.

Provillus is a scam, and a ripoff. And I bet people go on that Nalts blog and think hey im gonna try this for a few months.

Shesh. Atleast make him remove the blog link on this forums if he doesn't want to remove the ads from his site.

People are just money hungry.

Comment

• kostasgreece
            • Feb 2011

I have tried Provillus for six months

Originally posted by storm
            I have ordered and used Provillus for six months... Since I am from Europe, I only got the pills, which I have to say did not work at all... I have stopped my Rogaine treatment just to see the effects of Provillus and after six months I can say I am disappointed.. Not only I didn't have any improvement, the situation got even worst. I am sharing this with you so you can all know... I guess now we should be looking for stem cell treatments as they will be introduced hopefully in the not so far future.

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by jjo229
              How many times do you need to hear it? Provillus will damage your hair. I took it and my hair came out in lumpy chunks. I gave it to my mom who has a beatiful short hair to take as dietary supplement. The poor lady's hair started ripping off. I had to take her to her doctor to check her bone density to make sure there is no cancer of any kind. When her test came back, the doctor said she has just introduced something new to her body that is clearly ripping her hair out. It was freaking "hair killer PROVILLUS". This is a woman that her hair hardly breaks or shed on any comb. They came out in chunks in the tub. You cannot imagine the stress this caused. DO NOT BUY PROVILLUS!!!!
              Isnt Provillus just Saw Palmetto and some vitamins? It works on the basis of Saw Palmettos ability to block the 5AR enzyme which converts testosterone to DHT, obviously no such studies have been done regarding its effectiveness in the treatment of MPB. Its action however is very similiar to that of Proscar, which in turn may take up to 12 months to view the full benefits, that said I believe the product is seriously overpriced as its ingredients can be purchased stand-alone for a fraction of the cost of Provillus.

Comment

• crowningglory
                Inactive
                • Feb 2011

Wow these are a lot of testimonials against Provillus, doesn't sound too good for them!

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Provillus is nothing more than over priced vitamins and herbs that might be helpful and generic Minoxidil. So yes, Provillus is a scam.

Comment

• Jcm800
                    • Jan 2011

And so is TRX2 - steer clear.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2012

The very same industry also includes the 'proven 2'..
                      Proven in the sense that they : 1.) can cause serious and permanent side effects 2.) do not work with everyone 3.) take lifetime usage + costs etc.

There are natural DHT blocking alternatives. The fact that FDA doesn't regulate natural DHT blockers doesn't mean that they do not work. There are a number of positive studies. These studies are unpopular with doctors, promoters and manufacturers of 'proven 2' who earn billions each year.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
                        There are natural DHT blocking alternatives.
                        For the benefit of everyone reading this, do not waste your time listening to this person. This person is too blinded with misinformation to take seriously.

Natural DHT blocking does not work to treat hereditary hair loss. It never has and it likely never will. No one has ever been able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural treatments. It is not at all likely that anyone ever will be able to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss with natural treatments. Hereditary hair loss is a natural thing. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss is not natural.

The very same industry also includes the 'proven 2'..
                        Proven in the sense that they : 1.) can cause serious and permanent side effects.
                        The frequency of occurrence for the possible side effects is very rare. There is no evidence that they are permanent. There is strong evidence that for many the possibility of experiencing these possible side effects is the result of fear mongering. There is strong evidence that the persistence of these possible side effects are also the result of fear mongering.

2.) do not work with everyone.
                        Nothing works for everyone. These proven treatment work for most people who use them. Most people who use them do not experience any side effects at all.

3.) take lifetime usage + costs etc.
                        This is a moot point made by a person who obviously does not have the wealth of knowledge he thinks he has. He doesn't even have a reasonable understanding of what he is talking about. Hereditary hair loss is a progressive condition that continues throughout ones life. It does not stop. Therefore it should be obvious that any treatment used to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss would need to be continued for the rest of ones life. This is the way it is going to be any and all hair loss treatments until medical science figures out how to immunize hair follicles from the effects of DHT.

Hereditary hair loss is a natural thing. Attempting to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss is not natural.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Nothin' like a good ol' post for quote argument eh?

Comment

• khan
                            • Aug 2011

The thing that bothers me most is when people claim Natural DHT blockers, stop hair loss using the same mechanism as Finasteride (i.e they block DHT), but they have no sides.
                            If this natural works in the same way as Finasteride, how can it not have side similar to Finasteride?
                            I wasted 9months of my life on this stuff. Went all the way up till 640mg of Saw Palmetto extract and some other random natural stuff. To the point where I was nauseous and had terrible headaches from time to time.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                              Inactive
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by khan
                              The thing that bothers me most is when people claim Natural DHT blockers, stop hair loss using the same mechanism as Finasteride (i.e they block DHT), but they have no sides.
                              If this natural works in the same way as Finasteride, how can it not have side similar to Finasteride?
                              I wasted 9months of my life on this stuff. Went all the way up till 640mg of Saw Palmetto extract and some other random natural stuff. To the point where I was nauseous and had terrible headaches from time to time.
                              Although there are descriptions with beta sitosterol and saw palmetto, naming the very similar side effects as with finasteride, in reality these are natural compounds and also the studies performed compared the side effects of these natural inhibitors vs. finasteride - and no serious side effects were shown with natural inhibitors.

While natural inhibitors work against DHT, I wouldn't bet that the mechanisms are exactly the same as with finasteride and I believe finasteride is more dangerous because it might block DHT in a different way or do something else besides blocking DHT.

It is reported that beta sitosterol is 1k to 3k times more potent than saw palmetto. I have no side effects whatsoever. I also use saw palmetto 300mg daily. The only 'side effect' I had in the past was when I was using saw palmetto in tea form, as it was for some reason leaving bad breath.

Comment

Working...