Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldbondmafia
    • Oct 2011

Quick Nizoral question

Do you condition your hair after Nizoral usage? On my bottle it doesnt say anything about conditioning it after I use nizoral (2%)...

Ive noticed a tiny bit of dandruff lately, very very small flakes after i brush and rub my buzzed cut over a black counter and Im starting to think its because Ive also started conditioning my hair after i use it were as before i never did. Could it be losing its effectivness this way?

Although its very minor dandruff im only worried as when I started thinning i had bad dandruff and to me it reminds me of losing hair...

Thanks in advance!
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

Are you using the 2% Nizoral more than once per week?

I use the 1% Nizoral and I condition after I use it.

Comment

• born
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
      Are you using the 2% Nizoral more than once per week?

I use the 1% Nizoral and I condition after I use it.
      is it bad if i use ketokonazole shampoo 2% twice a weak?

Comment

• goldbondmafia
        • Oct 2011

Yup I am using the 2% on Mondays and Thursday. And Born, I asked my dermatologist if you can use the 2% twice per week he said its fine.

I used to fire up the nizoral on monday and thursday mornings then condition my hair before bed. Maybe i always had very minor dandruff and never noticed? I just find it weird since i started using nizoral at nights (last monday) then conditioning it directly after and ive noticed the flakes..

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by born
          is it bad if i use ketokonazole shampoo 2% twice a weak?
          Nizoral helps a lot of people but over using Nizoral can make hair loss worse. Nizoral can dry out your hair and scalp. For this reason 2% Nizoral should only be used once per week unless a doctor has specifically told you to use it more often than that. 1% Nizoral can be used up to twice per week.

Comment

• goldbondmafia
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
            Nizoral helps a lot of people but over using Nizoral can make hair loss worse. Nizoral can dry out your hair and scalp. For this reason 2% Nizoral should only be used once per week unless a doctor has specifically told you to use it more often than that. 1% Nizoral can be used up to twice per week.
            Ill start using the nizoral 2% once per week for a few weeks then to see if my dandruff goes away...maybe the over usage is true! (not saying i dont trust you Tracey as ive heard its bad to use more than once per week while others say it can be used 2x per week)

Comment

Working...