Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luzianaman
    • Aug 2011

Would You Consider This Early Balding?

Ok, so I'm 38 years old and I'm looking for feedback.

Does this look like I have a problem?
    Attached Files
  • Dr James DeYarman
    • Nov 2008

FUE correction

The way you comb your hair there does not seem to be a problem. It is only when you pull the hair back is there evidence of hair loss in the recessions.
    This would be a small case and if you elect to correct this you should consider FUE for this. Good luck. Dr DeYarman

Comment

• Luzianaman
      • Aug 2011

Thanks for Your Response!

Originally posted by Dr James DeYarman
      The way you comb your hair there does not seem to be a problem. It is only when you pull the hair back is there evidence of hair loss in the recessions.
      This would be a small case and if you elect to correct this you should consider FUE for this. Good luck. Dr DeYarman
      Thanks Dr. I'm not worried TOO much about what I have now, but more down the road.

Was wondering if there is any way to know based on my age if the problem will get worse and/ how fast?

And wondering if my situation is enough to warrant being on rogain or propecia.

I'm already on medication for allergies, depression and adhd.

Not crazy about adding another med to my daily diet, but I would if it looked like I had potential for more severe balding.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much again for the reply.

Comment

• AgainstThis
        • Jan 2011

Man you have KILLER hair for your age!

You just have a mature hairline and unless something catastrophic happens or if you're already experiencing massive sheds -which I doubt- you'll keep it to the end of your days.

Most people destined for a NW7 go bald in their early 20's anyhow. If by 35 and beyond you have what you have, you keep it and get the hell out of this depressive site

Comment

• LarryDavid
          • Feb 2011

He is 38 Years old. This is a mature Hairline. In my opinion it would look ridiculous if he had the hairline of a 17 years old boy.

Comment

• Luzianaman
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by AgainstThis
            Man you have KILLER hair for your age!

You just have a mature hairline and unless something catastrophic happens or if you're already experiencing massive sheds -which I doubt- you'll keep it to the end of your days.

Most people destined for a NW7 go bald in their early 20's anyhow. If by 35 and beyond you have what you have, you keep it and get the hell out of this depressive site
            Thanks for the compliment and I'm sorry if my post seemed unnecessary. I don't want to offend anybody.

I will admit a certain level of paranoia.

For years, I didn't do much to my hair in the way of styling.

I've started combing it back and using pomade, and when I saw a recent picture I kinda freaked out by how pronounced my forehead was.

I started wondering, "was it always like that?"

The answer is, well... probably. But I didn't notice I guess until I started combing my hair differently.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Dr James DeYarman
              • Nov 2008

All of us lose hair as we age. As the other posters have stated you most likely will not have severe hair loss over your life time.
              I would do nothing at this stage and repeat the photos in 6 months. If it seems to be getting worse then you can consider starting a medical treatment.
              In the end it is your decesion and I have learned over 31 years of treating hair loss that everyone has a different opinion on what they think their hairline should look like. I think what you were seeing when you combed you hair back was the result of your recession hair loss and not actual hair loss of the frontal hair line in the middle. Good luck Dr DeYarman

Comment

• Luzianaman
                • Aug 2011

Many Thanks

All of us lose hair as we age. As the other posters have stated you most likely will not have severe hair loss over your life time.
                I would do nothing at this stage and repeat the photos in 6 months. If it seems to be getting worse then you can consider starting a medical treatment.
                In the end it is your decesion and I have learned over 31 years of treating hair loss that everyone has a different opinion on what they think their hairline should look like. I think what you were seeing when you combed you hair back was the result of your recession hair loss and not actual hair loss of the frontal hair line in the middle. Good luck Dr DeYarman

Thanks for all of the feedback. Your prompt response is very kind and much appreciated.

Comment

Working...