Does Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy really work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • t-bone
    • Aug 2010

IT stopped my hairloss but it is a treatment not a cure! i do it every six months.It will make your scalp healthy and it did bring back some new growth.I will continue to do to keep hair.I do not take propecia and I am satisfied.

Comment

• level
      • Apr 2010

T-bone:

Your mission is obvious: you are trying to promote prp and acell. We get it. If the treatment has improved your hair, like you claim, post some pics! Several members have asked you to and you keep dodging the request. Also, stop commenting on a thread you created in order to come out on "new posts." No one has addressed you in over 3 months, but you pop out of no where with a rant that has no useful information.

Comment

• t-bone
        • Aug 2010

level:

I have no mission but to tell the truth in an industry full of lies!Yes Acell & PRP are things I do believe in.I will comment on anything i feel will help somebody!Maybe you don't like my posts but others do.

Comment

• hdude46
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by t-bone
          level:

I have no mission but to tell the truth in an industry full of lies!Yes Acell & PRP are things I do believe in.I will comment on anything i feel will help somebody!Maybe you don't like my posts but others do.
          lets see some pics then. people have been asking you for months for pics and you keep saying dr y has them or that you will post them soon. how about today? enough stalling...

Comment

• level
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by t-bone
            level:

ok... So where are the pics??? I know you want us to take your word but without pics it's hard to believe you. Others might like your posts, but I see them for what they are: a bunch of information that is not backed up by verifiable evidence.

BTW... I levitated last night and teleported myself to Germany and had an amazing doner kebab. I can teach you this skill but you have to pay me $1500. I can't provide you any evidence but my word should be enough. Ha!! :::sarcasm:::

Comment

• matlondon
              • Sep 2010

so does it work?

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                • Feb 2011

I found this place in Vancouver, BC that offers PRP treatment and the results in the photos look great. I don't know if it's b.s. or not but here's a link to the facility: http://www.mcmedgroup.com/mcprphair.html

Comment

• Flowers
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
                  I found this place in Vancouver, BC that offers PRP treatment and the results in the photos look great. I don't know if it's b.s. or not but here's a link to the facility: http://www.mcmedgroup.com/mcprphair.html
                  Well that seems kind of interesting... And for only $600..?

Comment

• fitness-man
                    • May 2011

remember its not for bald heads or where the hair follicle is lost.

nor am i sure if it helps to protect those hairs that are in the crown from getting lost?

Comment

• Flowers
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by fitness-man
                      remember its not for bald heads or where the hair follicle is lost.

nor am i sure if it helps to protect those hairs that are in the crown from getting lost?
                      If it's legit then it's a good start

Comment

• matlondon
                        • Sep 2010

Ok but is there proof that it works yes or no, can people stop going round the question. If yes how does it help and at what stage or hair loss has it a better chance of working.

Comment

• petewete
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by matlondon
                          Ok but is there proof that it works yes or no, can people stop going round the question. If yes how does it help and at what stage or hair loss has it a better chance of working.
                          I tried finding out if PRP works too and there doesnt seem to be a clear answer anywhere. So yesterday I called up a clinic near where i live in southern california, they said they had plenty of customers who were VERY happy with their results but when i asked them what it actually did she was really hesitant to say anything. According to the rep "It doesnt grow new hair, it doesnt stop hair loss" but their customers are really happy. When i pressed on what exactly they were happy if she sounded dumbfounded and told me to come in for a consultation with the Dr for $125. What I learnt from the convo was that these dr's and their clinics have no confidence in this, at least not yet, even tho this thing has been around since 2009-10 and there should be some sort of proof by now.

I feel they should be ashamed of charging us $1000 for a product they cannot even stand behind. Thats alot of money for most of us but i guess thats what the hair loss industry is, sell shit regardless of whether a product works or not

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                            • Jul 2011

I don't put too much faith in PRP... I have seen a couple pictures that looked good.... resembled pictures of rogaine results.. but I've read forum reviews that said it was worthless

Comment

• painfreeme
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Krangstein
                              Does Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy really work? Can it be used instead of Finasteride? How often would one have to go for PRP?
                              Hi,
                              I know of someone with a very similar problem who was successfully treated by a medical office in New York. You can call them at 718-544-1444 or 845-425-7997. We were really amazed with the results.

Comment

• slickster
                                • Apr 2012

Any pics anyone?? i know level posted some on another thread.

I was thinking of this treatment too

Comment

Working...