Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichardDawkins
    Inactive
    • Jan 2011

ok am i the only one who thinks grey hair is attractive?

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
      ok am i the only one who thinks grey hair is attractive?
      I'm 26 years old. I've always thought white was attractive, even a touch of grey hair. Nothing wrong with grey hair, at all.

Comment

• UK Boy
        • Apr 2011

I agree...

I agree with you guys, I don't have a problem with grey/white hair although white hair does sometimes look thin due to being void of colour.

I'd give anything to be greying rather than balding, I think eveyone on here would.

However I do think that balding and greying at the two main issues people have regarding hair. You just have to look at the huge range of hair dyes for both men and women whenever you go to the supermarket.

Therefore I believe there will be a real interest in producing a product that will raise WNT levels and be a solution to both greying and hair loss. It will appeal to a huge range of people - basically all adult men and women who want to hold off the signs of aging.

Comment

• Flowers
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK Boy
          These researchers are confirming that WNT is involved in stimulating hair growth and the production of new follicles. It's good to see that it will also help with greying of hair.
          Where did they confirm the production of new follicles?

Comment

• UK Boy
            • Apr 2011

"In a series of experiments they discovered that this protein is key to hair retaining its colour and it also stimulates hair growth and produces new hair follicles."

It states it in the article.

Comment

• Flowers
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK Boy
              "In a series of experiments they discovered that this protein is key to hair retaining its colour and it also stimulates hair growth and produces new hair follicles."

It states it in the article.
              Oh nice. My bad. So now what, they start researching and doing trials for a product?

Comment

• Sogeking
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Flowers
                Oh nice. My bad. So now what, they start researching and doing trials for a product?
                Maybe who knows. But still it will be a product which will prevent the hair to go gray. What is important to us is the fact there was an independent study, unrelated to Histogen which says that new hair follicles grow when introduced with wnt proteins.
                And HSC of Histogen is based on wnt proteins. I'm slightly more optimistic now.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                  • Feb 2011

Scientists have known for like 20 years that WNT proteins lead to increased hair growth yet all they've been doing is dicking around with mice experiments. And they get paid very handsomely for it!!

Comment

• BaldingBackwards
                    Inactive
                    • Jun 2011

Actually the technolgoy that they use were they simulate an embryonic condition was not out till recently. There knowledge was ahead of computers. Science driven by mass experiments and would not be halted by "dicking around". Your hair follicle is clogged with DHT which is why it does not get the natural WNT proteins however with Histogen they inject your hair with those proeteins at the follicle level allowing your hair to grow which from what I understand is 6 year life cycle once begging the growth phaze. This would explain why histogen has seen growth still at the two year mark.

Comment

• CVAZBAR
                      • Dec 2010

Imagine Histogen turns out better than expected? Like Doc Ziering said, this shit is making me drool ha.

Comment

• Flowers
                        • Feb 2011

Well hey I'm sure it'll be here in 5 years

Comment

• BoSox
                          • Jun 2010

I'll be wearing a hair piece in 5 years. That way in 5 years when it's 5 years away, I wouldn't care to wait under 5 years.

Comment

• CAlex
                            • Feb 2011

I know histogen is still getting candidates and starting the phase 1/2 trials rather shortly. Does anyone have any idea and how long until we might get results, be in pictures or increased hair growth data as was released from their pre clinical trials.

I really think once we know that we will know if histtogen is coming to market or not.

So any idea as to how long the trials they are heading into will take and how long it will take them to gather and release the data? are we looking at 6 months or over a year? I grow tired of checking the forum everyday and getting no new information
                            a) Basically how long are phase 1/2 trials going to last

Comment

• Flowers
                              • Feb 2011

@ CAlex
                              Don't hold your breath

Comment

• CAlex
                                • Feb 2011

@Flowers thank-you for your useless post.

I read a few of your posts. You dont think anything is coming and that's fine. So stay off these threads as Im sure you could find better use of your time

Comment

Working...