X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karlsch
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by 37L
    Sorry for the late reply. I also read those forums but I wasn’t given anything to moisture it. I don’t think it’s necessary, my head has healed and 90% scabs have fallen off revealing new hairline and new hair. Many do get given moisturing solutions, many don’t. Go with what your doctor has said to you and trust in what they say.
    going well

yeah, he didnt say anything about that so i havent. same as you now, the scabs are falling out now, so going well

Comment

• Karlsch
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by choiminzi
      I am booked in at Hairmedico. Istanbul. Only 1 patient per day and doctor does quite a large portion of the work. Many places I researched sound like meat factories.
      good luck with it. I did a mega session with FUT and FUE because I wanted to get most done at one time period.

Comment

• 37L
        • Oct 2018

Update.

So I am day 17 post FUE. 99% scabs have come off. I’ve had a little trim back and sides today so feeling quite good haha.
        Next hurdle I need to get over is the gym. I’m a big fan of the gym and 3 weeks off has done me in. I am aware that I am able to train again lightly but still worried haha.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Karlsch
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by 37L
          So I am day 17 post FUE. 99% scabs have come off. I’ve had a little trim back and sides today so feeling quite good haha.
          Next hurdle I need to get over is the gym. I’m a big fan of the gym and 3 weeks off has done me in. I am aware that I am able to train again lightly but still worried haha.
          thats great. I got most of my scabs off on day 9 by soaking in the bath for a while and gentily rubbing them off. getting the stapes out tomorrow or the next day. Im now day 12. I agree, want to get back to the gym. are you going to start with minoxydil again?

Comment

• colinj33
            • Nov 2018

HI Theo
            hope all's well after you HT. I am considering going with Dr K but going through the early stages of research and decision making, I'm sure you have been there!! I have been diagnosed as NV6 with a potential 2800 grafts from donor area but assume that's subject to a more detailed inspection once I get there. Like most people in my situation, I am managing my expectations and not looking for hair of a 20 yr old just better coverage than i have got now. How did you find everything at the clinic?

Comment

• Theo Saber
              • Oct 2018

Hi Karl
              I just saw you message, wow man you had a lot done! Perhaps I should have done more myself in one session! I had just over 3000 hairs. I need to have another 4000 hairs done for the crown and the temples. I am sure that you will have great results

Comment

• Theo Saber
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by colinj33
                HI Theo
                hope all's well after you HT. I am considering going with Dr K but going through the early stages of research and decision making, I'm sure you have been there!! I have been diagnosed as NV6 with a potential 2800 grafts from donor area but assume that's subject to a more detailed inspection once I get there. Like most people in my situation, I am managing my expectations and not looking for hair of a 20 yr old just better coverage than i have got now. How did you find everything at the clinic?
                I wrote a good article called escape from the butchers, you should look for that! https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...Emre-Karadeniz

My only regret is that I did not get more done in one session but I will visit again!

Comment

• Karlsch
                  • Jul 2018

Originally posted by colinj33
                  HI Theo
                  Hi Colinij33
                  if youre norwood 6 then I would suggest what I was told. go with a FUT. You really need to maximise how much you get out of your transplant. I was a norwood 5 going on 6 and this is what was suggested to me. I decided to go with an FUT and FUE to maximize how much I would get tranplanted. I got 2200 hairs from the FUe but over 4 times as much from the FUT so got 8800 hairs from the FUT giving me a total of 11000 hairs transplanted. Dr K is one of the only ones to do an FUT and I am 18 days post surgery. everything is heading well both FUT and FUE. Obviously its early but Im happy with seeing hair where there wasnt hair for a long time.
                  Good luck, do your research

Comment

• Karlsch
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Theo Saber
                    I wrote a good article called escape from the butchers, you should look for that! https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...Emre-Karadeniz

My only regret is that I did not get more done in one session but I will visit again!
                    Hey Theo and 37L
                    hows it going now? Im starting to shed now. Scabs are gone. couple of areas a bit raw but otherwise good. You guys are about a week ahead of me so hows your experience going?

Comment

• 37L
                      • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Karlsch
                      Hey Theo and 37L
                      hows it going now? Im starting to shed now. Scabs are gone. couple of areas a bit raw but otherwise good. You guys are about a week ahead of me so hows your experience going?
                      It’s okay mate. Very itchy scalp all over donor and recipient area.
                      I have been told that this is all normal.
                      When I have been washing my hair I have noticed several hairs in the water, I say several I mean quite a few haha.
                      I suppose this is the shedding phase then? What’s your shedding looking like? Just hairs or hairs with bulbs attached?

Comment

• colinj33
                        • Nov 2018

Hi Karlsch
                        thanks for your response and advice. it has certainly given me something to think about. Like most people considering HT, I have spent hours on my laptop researching on the usual websites. I was quote the usual cost for Dr K to complete the incisions so I will need to go back for a quote for a FUT and ask for advise on whether my donor area is suitable. Like you say, if it gives Dr K more to work with a possibility of more coverage, it can't do any harm to explore this option. I will keep posted, cheers

Comment

• colinj33
                          • Nov 2018

Hi Theo
                          thanks for the response, I read your article and it a reply from Karlsch. Gonna look into things a bit more and enquire about a FUT and see what Dr K say

Comment

• Karlsch
                            • Jul 2018

Originally posted by 37L
                            It’s okay mate. Very itchy scalp all over donor and recipient area.
                            I have been told that this is all normal.
                            When I have been washing my hair I have noticed several hairs in the water, I say several I mean quite a few haha.
                            I suppose this is the shedding phase then? What’s your shedding looking like? Just hairs or hairs with bulbs attached?
                            Just hairs at the moment, no hairs with bulbs attached. Ive been luck and havent had any itching. have you used minoxidil yet . I stopped just before the procedure and think Ill start again soon. I have heard it works well with stimulating hair growth in the newly transplanted area. Once that starts growing then ill switch to the non transplanted hairs

Comment

• 37L
                              • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Karlsch
                              Just hairs at the moment, no hairs with bulbs attached. Ive been luck and havent had any itching. have you used minoxidil yet . I stopped just before the procedure and think Ill start again soon. I have heard it works well with stimulating hair growth in the newly transplanted area. Once that starts growing then ill switch to the non transplanted hairs
                              Yeah same here, just hairs. Last night the shower tray was a sight for sore eyes, could have cried haha.

I haven’t used it and I don’t think I will. My doctor advised against it and I’ve read a lot on the internet from doctors and it’s a very mixed opinion. What week are you now?

Comment

• Karlsch
                                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by 37L
                                Yeah same here, just hairs. Last night the shower tray was a sight for sore eyes, could have cried haha.

I haven’t used it and I don’t think I will. My doctor advised against it and I’ve read a lot on the internet from doctors and it’s a very mixed opinion. What week are you now?
                                week 3 now. you must be a month now? One less until your hair regrows!

Comment

Working...