Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben28
    • Mar 2018

Experienced Finasteride help?

Hey, I’m new to this site. This basically started when I buzzed my hair pretty short, I noticed it was getting pretty thin on top although my hairline hadn’t receded. I’m 19 and I really wanted to stop this. I looked around and found finasteride. I was kind of wary because of the stories of loss of libido and other side effects (gyno, mind fog, etc). Anyways I went to the doctor and he said it can be effective and he’s put other people successfully on it. I got a prescription for the walmart generic for 5mg where you cut it in quarters. I’ve been on it for three days, and I’ve noticed I’ve been really tired. I always sleep 7 hours but for the past couple days I sleep 9 hours and wake up pretty groggy, I’m still pretty groggy two hours after waking up. Is this normal? Does your body adapt? I’m just trying to figure out if I should keep taking them. Thanks for any help
  • Ahab
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Ben28
    Hey, I’m new to this site. This basically started when I buzzed my hair pretty short, I noticed it was getting pretty thin on top although my hairline hadn’t receded. I’m 19 and I really wanted to stop this. I looked around and found finasteride. I was kind of wary because of the stories of loss of libido and other side effects (gyno, mind fog, etc). Anyways I went to the doctor and he said it can be effective and he’s put other people successfully on it. I got a prescription for the walmart generic for 5mg where you cut it in quarters. I’ve been on it for three days, and I’ve noticed I’ve been really tired. I always sleep 7 hours but for the past couple days I sleep 9 hours and wake up pretty groggy, I’m still pretty groggy two hours after waking up. Is this normal? Does your body adapt? I’m just trying to figure out if I should keep taking them. Thanks for any help
    I got all the side effects, and maybe if I stop taking it they will go away or maybe they won't. But I'd still rather have as much hair as I can.

Comment

• Geo88
      • Mar 2018

You will be fine buddy. U will adjust in a week or so

Comment

• oDD1ne
        • Mar 2018

How long until shedding starts?

Comment

• robincurtz
          • Jan 2015

All these side effects are in your mind. If u want to at least slow down ur hair loss u have to take Finasteride...

Comment

Working...