+ Reply to Thread

Default How Is This Regime Not Saving My Temples?

Hi all,

I'm 23 and used to regularly post on the forums. For the past two years, I've been using the below regime:

- 0.5mg dutasteride every day
    - 85mg RU58841 in 0.5ml PG & 1.25ml ethanol every other day
    - 15% minoxidil (w/ azelaic acid 1.5%, finasteride 0.1%, retinoic acid 0.025%, progesterone 0.25%, hydrocortisone 0.1% and biotin 3%) every other day
    - 1.5mm derma roller once a month

This has maintained excellent density but the receding at my temples has continued (albeit at a much slower rate).

I recognise that this is a fairly hardcore regime but could it benefit from any changes (e.g. the addition of S5 cream)?

Are there any glaring errors (perhaps with the formulation of the RU solution)?

I use minoxidil and RU on alternate days as I don't have time in the evening to apply both.

I would get rid of that ru55581 bullshit I noticed receding temples with that shit myself. Most of the time you don't even know what you are getting with that expiremental drug. The thing that saved my temples and even reversed loss was castor oil , Rosemary & peppermint oil. I also added L carnitine , arginine and lysine all oral supplements at the same time which studies show it is proven to add hair regrowth and thickness. I definitely saw a difference , I believe those supplements do something on a cellular level. They are all good for you so you can't lose either way. I went from Norwood 2.5 to 1.5 . It saved my temples and saved my scalp I can no longer see my scalp in strong lighting

How is that minoxidil 15 % compared to minox 5 % . Goin for you.? I saw a Ten percent product out of India but have not tried it. I saw you mentioned s5 cream , personally I think it's useless, dutasteride and minox. Work way better

@Plan C

Think you should use the Minoxidil/Finasteride solution every day. Would not skip betwen days. It's up to you, but you might
    want to add dermarolling.

I have not had much success with dermarolling, unfortunately. If you are going to go that route, I would
    get a small needle (one millimeter or less).

Quote Originally Posted by Geo88 View Post
    How is that minoxidil 15 % compared to minox 5 % . Goin for you.? I saw a Ten percent product out of India but have not tried it. I saw you mentioned s5 cream , personally I think it's useless, dutasteride and minox. Work way better
    I do believe it is better than 5%, but it makes me feel very grotty the following morning, which is why I'm hesitant to use it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    @Plan C

Think you should use the Minoxidil/Finasteride solution every day. Would not skip betwen days. It's up to you, but you might
    want to add dermarolling.

I have not had much success with dermarolling, unfortunately. If you are going to go that route, I would
    get a small needle (one millimeter or less).
    See point 4 of my list; I am dermarolling every month with a 1.5mm.

I agree that I need to use minoxidil every day, so I'm considering reverting to 5% minoxidil and using it as the RU carrier (15% compound is a cream).

Quote Originally Posted by Geo88 View Post
    I would get rid of that ru55581 bullshit I noticed receding temples with that shit myself. Most of the time you don't even know what you are getting with that expiremental drug. The thing that saved my temples and even reversed loss was castor oil , Rosemary & peppermint oil. I also added L carnitine , arginine and lysine all oral supplements at the same time which studies show it is proven to add hair regrowth and thickness. I definitely saw a difference , I believe those supplements do something on a cellular level. They are all good for you so you can't lose either way. I went from Norwood 2.5 to 1.5 . It saved my temples and saved my scalp I can no longer see my scalp in strong lighting
    hey what was your ratio with using the oils topically? ive all the oil in my house. interested i trying this