Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravegrover
    • Jan 2011

Hair loss gets easy after 40

Hello, everyone! I've been off the forums for 4 Years. I have made peace with my hair loss instead choosing to focus on my career, family and health and fitness.

First a couple of observations on my return. There's still no cure for this dreadful disease and HT still sucks.

Next I want to share that hair loss ceases to be an important issue in life as one gets older. People appreciate other more meaningful attributes such as personality, career accomplishments, etc. and worries about ones hair loss become secondary to other concerns such as 'am I an alcoholic?'
  • Ahab
    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by ravegrover
    Hello, everyone! I've been off the forums for 4 Years. I have made peace with my hair loss instead choosing to focus on my career, family and health and fitness.

First a couple of observations on my return. There's still no cure for this dreadful disease and HT still sucks.

Next I want to share that hair loss ceases to be an important issue in life as one gets older. People appreciate other more meaningful attributes such as personality, career accomplishments, etc. and worries about ones hair loss become secondary to other concerns such as 'am I an alcoholic?'
    The h#ll it does.

And I'm old enough to be your father.

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

Hairloss effects everyone differently. Even some younger men aren't too bothered by it. It's definitely true that for the majority of men, the older they get the less they care. Of course, that doesn't go for everybody.

The main thing is not to let hairloss effect those other attributes, like personality or career advancement.
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• pkipling
        Inactive
        • Sep 2014

Exactly what Matt said. I'm glad you've been able to move on, and I'm sure what you're experiencing is true for a lot of men - even younger guys. I completely agree though with your overall sentiment that if you're not able to make any progress with your hair loss, it's best to not let it defeat you.... Personality, work ethic, talent, and ambition can go an extremely long way to make up for any hair loss. Also, not being an alcoholic... :P

Comment

• clee984
          • Feb 2010

It's great that you have made your peace with it, but for some guys it's just devastating. A good friend of mine started balding when he was 15, he's now a norwood 7 and it's never bothered him at all. Some guys (like me), it torments them constantly, "why no cure yet? Why no cure yet?", even though I've had a good HT and most people consider me to have a decent head of hair for my age.

Comment

• Jackito
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by clee984
            It's great that you have made your peace with it, but for some guys it's just devastating. A good friend of mine started balding when he was 15, he's now a norwood 7 and it's never bothered him at all. Some guys (like me), it torments them constantly, "why no cure yet? Why no cure yet?", even though I've had a good HT and most people consider me to have a decent head of hair for my age.
            We'll have one soon. I know that sentence has been repeated many times however hair loss was never a major deal up until recent years with cosmetics and treatments becoming increasingly popular. Cosmetics are booming right now thanks to our narcissistic society. Hair is without doubt the biggest cosmetic on the market. It creates a huge opportunity for organisations to make billions from too as the current number of treatments available for MPB is virtually non existent.

Comment

• clee984
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Jackito
              We'll have one soon. I know that sentence has been repeated many times however hair loss was never a major deal up until recent years with cosmetics and treatments becoming increasingly popular. Cosmetics are booming right now thanks to our narcissistic society. Hair is without doubt the biggest cosmetic on the market. It creates a huge opportunity for organisations to make billions from too as the current number of treatments available for MPB is virtually non existent.
              I'd love to believe that, and you'd think that something has to happen as it's been 20 years since propecia came out, but, we've all heard that "complete cure will be here in the next 5 years" thing for a long time now. I remember hearing Spencer Kobren say that when he began his radio show in 1998 he was almost certain that a complete cure would be around by 2003. But we're still waiting, and there must be a lot of guys on here who were born in 1998 and still have to deal with the horror of mpb. So all we can do is hope, I guess.

Comment

Working...