Am I balding? 27/m need some opinions please!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sethhackworth
    • May 2017

Am I balding? 27/m need some opinions please!

27/m I have noticed that one side of my hair is alot thinner as of late. I have thick hair but not as thick as it was when I was 23/24. I have an appointment next month to see a dermatoligist. Do you think I need to be taking Fin/Minox? Is it possible I just will have a bad hairline and not be "bald". I have always had issues with a dry scalp but it has been a little worse lately. I have some pictures posted on different days and wet. Also do you think maybe I should buzz it or grow it out real long even? Dad side is bald and mom side is thick full hair. I stress about this bad and just want some guidance and maybe hope.

Just want some opinions. Idc if I am bald when I'm in my 60's haha but 30's would be a shame

Thanks guys and good luck to all
    Attached Files
  • BaldBearded
    • Jan 2017

I see some temple recession and thinning at the crown. So my totally UNPROFESSIONAL guess would be yes.

At this point, your hair still LOOKS fine. Grow it long, buzz it short... you have enough hair, for now, to do what you want.

Only time will tell if/how it progresses.

Good luck!

BB

Comment

• mattj
      Doctor Representative
      • Oct 2009

I do see some slight recession and thinning, but only slight. You still have a great head of hair and all of the same styling options that you ever had. Truthfully, there's no telling how quickly it will progress, but using myself as an example; I had receeded more than you when I was your age and it hasn't progressed much since then, and I'm 36 now. Noticing hairloss in your twenties doesn't necessarily mean you'll be significantly bald in your thirties.
      I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Sean
        • Jan 2011

Looks more like maturing. You are a very lucky guy. I wouldn't touch surgery at this stage yet. It is best to see if you can maintain things with healthy diet and meds under doctor supervision.

Comment

• sethhackworth
          • May 2017

Thank you guys for the comments. I have been feeling a burning tingling in the scalp but wouldn't be surprised if it was psychological. Also I'm only seeing real new thinning where I part my hair. I plan to switch sides. Would it help if I posted some pictures of me holding my hair back or any other angles. Once again guys thanks for the comments positive or negative I just appreciate the feedback.

Comment

• jasjitvirk
            • Jun 2017

I don't think somewhat hair loss made any difference into your appearance. It just seems as before

Comment

• Simar
              • Jun 2017

You may be bald at 60's but definitely not at 30's .
              So just cheer up. Its just normal hair line.
              You got it genetically.
              Good luck for future.

Comment

Working...